IGNORED

New BMW Owner

wilks

Just bought my first ever BMW.....long time Harley rider (still have an old '94 FLH) but have been eyeballing BMW's for awhile....have a few friends who ride them and speak highly of them. Mines a 2000 R1150Gs....has 54,000 on the clock and looks well taken care of (it's being shipped from Cali.) as we speak. Bought it from a friends daughter (her ex's bike) it's an OD green color I haven't seen before....I like it and am looking forward to learning about these fine bikes.

I've got a GS and a 92 FLHTCU myself. They make pretty good roomies! :thumbsup: The paint on your GS is not factory AFAIK. Welcome to the club!

Pat

Thanks for the welcomes....I wondered about the color because I couldn't find it in what was available at that time....guess I'll see what's what when it shows up on Tues or Wed....I'm sure I'll have some already visited questions as I go along so bare with me.

Welcome and congratulations on a great purchase. My first ever "new" bike was a 2002 R1150GS that I loved and cared for for 10 years. I know the current owner is still enjoying it today!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!!

i-wfDzgcS-X2.jpg

Edited by RTinNC
Welcome and congratulations on a great purchase. My first ever "new" bike was a 2002 R1150GS that I loved and cared for for 10 years. I know the current owner is still enjoying it today!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine!!

i-wfDzgcS-X2.jpg

Appreciate that I'm looking forward to many miles on it......can't wait till it gets here.

Welcome to the BMW world ! I owned and rode Harleys for forty years before I bought my first BMW ( 04RT ) eight years ago and now over 200K miles later I couldn't be happier with my choice. Have fun and keep it rubber side down :) .

Appreciate the invite....been reading up between here and Adv/Rider....lots of good info.....already planning upgrades and I haven't even seen the bike yet....I'll keep that trip in mind looks like fun.