IGNORED

Ld2002rs

Hello to all!

This summer I took the plunge and sold off my Ultra and purchased a very nice 2002 1150rs. I have a very suspect knee and needed to shave some serious weight, bike wise.

Any suggestions on improving the riding position, lowered pegs are already installed. Are the Barbacks the next step to a more upright riding position?

Yes the Barbacks will help but I'm sure you're aware that an RS is never going to be ULTRA comfortable. A great sport touring bike it is! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club! :wave:

Pat

Ditto on what others have posted .... bar backs will certainly help the riding position. But the RS will certainly be a lot less massive to deal with and has a lot of nice features.

Good luck and enjoy!

My very first street bike well before the Harley was a 1975 r90s, awesome first street bike, sold it when I got married, didn't get another street bike for many years, then the HD.

Yes the Barbacks will help but I'm sure you're aware that an RS is never going to be ULTRA comfortable. A great sport touring bike it is! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club! :wave:

Pat

Many opinions.

MYRP is mentioned.

Many of us pefer the slight forward lean.

Plethora of reasons.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some like the "sit up and beg" position.

Many don't.

Too much pressure on sit bones so look for custom seat.

The RS you purchased has the forward lean built in to the ergos.

Trying to turn it into a sit up and beg bike defeats the design, IMO.

Try riding 1500 miles and see before changing things.

Keep revs up, boxers love 4200+rpm's and thrive above 5-6-7k.

These bikes require maintenance based on mileage and time.

Schedules on line. How many miles?

Service history?

Saddlebags?

Farkles already done?

Best wishes.

It's got 47kmi, had the cam tensioners, one replaced, one adjusted. Sorry don't know what farkles are😳. Guy who owned it was very annal about it, was his baby. Did have some service history. Does have three hard plastic bmw bags.

Accessories to customize your bike (e.g., different seat, windshield, lights, other electronic gizmos). Farkle = combination of function and sparkle.

Nice! It has most of those already, Sergent seats, auxiliary lights, cylinder crash bars, aftermarket windshield. Lowered footpeg. All high quality , the previous owner loved his bike! Thank you guys for all the suggestions!

Welcome to the community and your new ride

Maybe a Throttlemeister throttle lock or similar from another manufacturer. Totally old school device that can take some stress off your wrist on a freeway drone. I also use it when using the Twin Max to balance the vacuum between the cylinders at cruising RPM on my '99RT when doing a major service

My very first street bike well before the Harley was a 1975 r90s, awesome first street bike, sold it when I got married, didn't get another street bike for many years, then the HD.

I'd still be crying about sending the R90S down the road. Smoke or Orange version?

My rs has some type of throttle stop device on it as well, not sure of any particular brand.

The R90s I had , and I'm not totally sure of its year of mfr , this was a medium blue color, I owned it in 1988, so details are fuzzy, it had an aftermarket (windjammer I think) fairing. Two hard bags too.

I've noticed from some of the Barbacks pictures I've seen that apparently earlier (r1100rs) bikes had more adjustable style of the handle bar itself. Are these a bolt on for my newer 2002 1150rs? Heated grips are on my bike.