IGNORED

2009 R1200RT Left Hand ASC Switch

boxerguy

Couldn't find any info on this anywhere...So here Goes! I recently purchased a 2009 R1200RT that has an ASC Switch added to the other standard

switches on the Left side(Cruise, Horn, Windshield,Headlight,and left turn signal).

Both the Left and right control levers were in a bad spot for me, so I set out to adjusting them. I successfully adjusted the Right side with the help of

my Clymer manual. The manual does not show the removal of that ASC Module add on to the Left Side, and I've played with the damn thing for hours

now trying to get it off so I can access the last screw to remove the front of the rest of the switches ..The module is quite loose but doesn't want to

come off...I suspect it needs to slide one way or another!

Larry Thanks, It looks to me that is probably the only one I didn't remove...Your photos are great and really pin point the spot well...

Neatly hidden underneath the Clutch Master Cylinder...I will check for that in the Daylight tomorrow...I let you know how things go

tomorrow evening!

Again Thanks, after the first couple of wasted hours, I probably should have queried the forum!

Larry

Thanks very much for the very concise, informative photos...This morning in the daylight I went right to that spot where you pointed out that elusive #1 Phillips screw.

I was subsequently able to get at the clamping screw and change my lever angle which has been bugging me for a month now! I'm quite surprised that my Clymer

Manual made no mention of the ASC switch. In any event this forum and it's great members have saved the day for me.

Walter