IGNORED

Helmet certification for Europe

walton66

Planning a trip to Europe in May and tonight noticed that my Arai Signet lacks the ECE sticker that is on my wife's Scorpion. A question to those of you who have toured over there, is this going to be an issue? Should I plan on buying another before we go?

Thanks

Edited by bwpsg42

I've taken my Arai to europe 4 times on extended trips. No one has ever looked at it. I've never heard of the ECE sticker. Of course my situation might just be dumb luck.

I've taken my Arai to europe 4 times on extended trips. No one has ever looked at it. I've never heard of the ECE sticker. Of course my situation might just be dumb luck.

Good looks help a lot.

Not once did I ever have someone check my helmets in the two years I lived and rode in Europe. The first 18 months I rode with a US purchased Scorpion helmet.

Perfect, thanks everybody. I guess I need to dig deeper into document and insurance requirements. Doing a guided tour so I suspect that the company handles vehicle insurance but better review all the documents. Passport and driving license I suspect, anything else?

Edited by bwpsg42
  • 3 weeks later...

I was a Traffic Officer in the UK for 39 years. I have never examined a helmet for approval, nor have ever heard of it.

If you turn up wearing an old cycling helmet or a "p***pot" favoured by certain "groups of motorcyclists" it might be different, but a decent helmet, on the head of a motorcyclist riding sensibly ?

Ride on friend.