IGNORED

Help trying to find the heat grip conector

Fernando

Hello guys:

Greeting from Spain .

The other day, I sold my old r850r and now I have a r1150rt of 2001.The motorbike has not installed the original heat grip, so I decided to install them by myself.

Here is my tutorial:

https://www.bmwmotos.com/foro/threads/montando-unas-resistencias-chinas-en-mi-rt1150-tutorial.532461/

The problem I have is that I dont know where I should connect the heat grip switch.I suppose that there is a conexion under the black plastic, but I not sure which is.

On the right fork, the is a white conexion with four wires (two black and two brown).In that conexion,I know I have to connect the grips, but I dont know where I have to conect the switch to this conexion .

Does anybody know the answer?

Thank in advance.

Hello guys:

Greeting from Spain .

The other day, I sold my old r850r and now I have a r1150rt of 2001.The motorbike has not installed the original heat grip, so I decided to install them by myself.

Here is my tutorial:

https://www.bmwmotos.com/foro/threads/montando-unas-resistencias-chinas-en-mi-rt1150-tutorial.532461/

The problem I have is that I dont know where I should connect the heat grip switch.I suppose that there is a conexion under the black plastic, but I not sure which is.

On the right fork, the is a white conexion with four wires (two black and two brown).In that conexion,I know I have to connect the grips, but I dont know where I have to conect the switch to this conexion .

Does anybody know the answer?

Thank in advance.

Afternoon Fernando

The heated grip switch pig tail & connector should be floating around under the dash somewhere (maybe taped to the harness).

You are looking for a 3 pin connector with a Green/Blue wire, an Orange wire, & a Black wire.

Hmm. It has been a while since I installed them on my 1100RT, but should not be too different from the 1150RT. It seems to me the available connector for the grips is fastened to the main wire harness for safe keeping behind the dash as DR says. You have to cut the tie wrap holding the connector to free up the connector and short length of wire back into the main harness. I'm not sure on the 1150 but on the 1100 it is behind the left speaker slot, but for sure it would be on the same side side where the power switch for the heated grips is mounted to the dash. The connectors for the various gadgets are unique enough it likely is the only one that will fit.

The available connectors close to the glove box on the left are for the radio and alarm system if memory serves.

Ok, thank a lot.

I will take a look...

Morning Fernando

I took a closer look at your heated grip install this morning (still can't read the language but looked at the pictures).

It looks like you are installing an aftermarket heated grip kit (is this correct?)

If so then you might have to run the power to your switch directly from fuse #7.

If you can find the stock BMW connector for the heated grips then you will probably need to install a fuse in the fuse box #7 cavity as that provides 12v power to the Green/Blue wire at the stock heated grip connector so you can get power for your switch there.

With you having a non USA bike then there is also the possibility that your bike didn't come from the factory with a heated grip prep harness. If this is the case then you will probably have to run a wire from fuse #7 (output side) directly to your heated grip switch.