IGNORED

Dates and Place

Whip

Passing on a word from Adv Joe.

And here's hoping every one has a happy and safe Thanksgiving...Pilgrims! I added that last bit. :grin:

1104318921_5x5sK-XL.jpg

Pat

Been away from the board way too long! I will need to confirm the dates with work and fam. I live about 20 miles from the Adirondack Park, so this is right in my back yard. Also, I can offer garage space, cycle lift, tyre changer, tools, as needed. Big empty nest too.

We rent a house nearby on Sacandaga for a week each summer. Be warned there are a lot of "downstaters" infiltrating that time of year and lakes start to gum up with children and traffic and black flies. That being said, it will be amazing to have you all come here!!

Here's a pic of the sunrise over Sacandaga from the beach there:

SacandagaSunrise.jpg

Hi FP, long time no talk. I just might show up a day early to hang out if ok.

Yes, sounds like a plan. Last time it was in Oregon!

No excuses this year......I'm in

What he said...

Awesome on both but Matt, if you were to head due North on I-91, and I traveled Westbound on 2, we could meet up at the Irving station just off of exit 26 (I-91) at say 9:30-10:00 am on the 23rd. :thumbsup:

Pat

I know right where you're talking about. Sounds like a date!

Gather up some of those Connecticut boys and girls and we could officially tag this as a good old fashioned Pied Piper Run! :grin::thumbsup:

Looking forward to it, Matt! :clap:

piper_logo.jpg

Pat

I'm in. I can see making this a month long ride visiting Tom K and lost relatives along the way...and maybe sneaking into Quebec...and...and...and maybe I'll come home when it cool off in NO! Great location.

• Like 1
I'm in. I can see making this a month long ride visiting Tom K

Hope Tom is doing well, haven't seen him on the FART or START listings for a while. :dontknow:

Pat

It's going on my calendar for sure, i'll chase Matt

Awesome, a few more and we'll have ourselves a... :grin::thumbsup:

3ngGXCx43Si2pEG22zxFr9HVkn1.jpg

Pat

Love it .... Hope C.W. will be there!

CW-Mccall-793x526.jpg

C.W. is really not at tough as he looked. But he lived and loved Colorado and the great roads and mountains therein.

Let's look for a road like Wolf Creek Pass a truly great Motorcycle ride.

Maybe there's a guy like C.W. wandering around Adirondack Park ? Singing about the roads up in NY State?

I'm sure most of the details are being finalized and an announcement is on the horizon so, I'm just wondering, who's getting in the

:Yes:

Pat

I now know exactly how Horshack felt! :grin:

d137901f910a1bdea1a8964b2c324f11--trading-cards-welcome-back-kotter.jpg

A little more from ADV Joe! :thumbsup:

1214975277_oa2Dr-XL.jpg

Follow the little red road in the map below to see the view in the picture above. (Prospect Mountain)

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=x6y9cBOPn7FEqUvVF68y-4xqJEIbXSxgwizRCIsZw3FS3Tpw6JjGAWtlMXaMfFGmiqoryWeSaYgjwnf7YJCA5FE_JRozwhQYMQFaeaS3b9ys25-IU2Wi_916BU4JAVGW-GTeDVD_IOzrrUykaQEHgXA0ifnRsaLuYJYpC-ZGYuVpYL6MgPCMtI0H8f_0flW1MYtEh7jgwh2Z6xzvYl6R8NsVPLsVnujx3hLkwwPoeQqICECF

Pat

I now know exactly how Horshack felt! :grin:

d137901f910a1bdea1a8964b2c324f11--trading-cards-welcome-back-kotter.jpg

A little more from ADV Joe! :thumbsup:

1214975277_oa2Dr-XL.jpg

Follow the little red road in the map below to see the view in the picture above. (Prospect Mountain)

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=x6y9cBOPn7FEqUvVF68y-4xqJEIbXSxgwizRCIsZw3FS3Tpw6JjGAWtlMXaMfFGmiqoryWeSaYgjwnf7YJCA5FE_JRozwhQYMQFaeaS3b9ys25-IU2Wi_916BU4JAVGW-GTeDVD_IOzrrUykaQEHgXA0ifnRsaLuYJYpC-ZGYuVpYL6MgPCMtI0H8f_0flW1MYtEh7jgwh2Z6xzvYl6R8NsVPLsVnujx3hLkwwPoeQqICECF

Pat

Only thing that makes Lake George Village look better is all the pretty bikes during Americade.

Only thing that makes Lake George Village look better is all the pretty bikes during Americade.

Yes that, and the boats aren't too shabby either. :thumbsup:

ff1c59b2-4952-4029-a704-10058fc83a31_zps9f7keeg1.jpg

Pat

Too bad the dates are so far from Americade in Lake George. It they were say a week apart what a neat trip to ride up to Americade, enjoy that event and Dirt Daze for a bit, tour New England for a week and then back to the region for Un-Rally.

It would cost you an airline ticket but if you could find a secure place to store your bike for a week you could do both. I'm 4 hours east, Phil is right down the street and I believe he said he had garage space. :thumbsup:

Pat

I'm repeating myself I realize but I've got nothing else new to say. :grin: Oh yeah, Email sent to Heid's to give Paul a heads up on maybe a group of ten (a guess) riders showing up on the 25th to look around and kick tires. Hopefully a guided tour by Paul himself ( not confirmed ) through the backroads of Johnsburg. ( hey dummy, they're all backroads up in Johnsburg :grin: )

Anyway another thing I thought I'd toss out there again, a plan. I know this group is pretty independent as far as travels go, but sometimes ( least for me) asking to join in on a ride can be intimidating. So I present an open invitation to anyone looking for a ride at the UN in June! :thumbsup:

1, 6/23/19

Arrival day at the UN.

2, 6/24/19

Shorter route up to Lake Placid & Whiteface Mt. (BBQ Lunch)

3, 6/25/19

GS style ride over to Heid's BMW. Hopefully a guided tour by Paul Heid himself. ( not guaranteed his availability )

4, 6/26/19

Long route up to Whiteface Mt. Via Vermont. (approx. 350 miles round trip) with a swim at the Flume Falls in Wilmington Ny. (Burger Lunch at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery)

5, 6/27/19

Ride to Tahawus to see an old blast furnace, then capping it off with a short (100 mile) ride around The Great Sacandaga Lake.

6, 6/28/19

Depart for home

This is going to be fun! :thumbsup:

Pat

I'm repeating myself I realize but I've got nothing else new to say. :grin: Oh yeah, Email sent to Heid's to give Paul a heads up on maybe a group of ten (a guess) riders showing up on the 25th to look around and kick tires. Hopefully a guided tour by Paul himself ( not confirmed ) through the backroads of Johnsburg. ( hey dummy, they're all backroads up in Johnsburg :grin: )

Anyway another thing I thought I'd toss out there again, a plan. I know this group is pretty independent as far as travels go, but sometimes ( least for me) asking to join in on a ride can be intimidating. So I present an open invitation to anyone looking for a ride at the UN in June! :thumbsup:

1, 6/23/19

Arrival day at the UN.

2, 6/24/19

Shorter route up to Lake Placid & Whiteface Mt. (BBQ Lunch)

3, 6/25/19

GS style ride over to Heid's BMW. Hopefully a guided tour by Paul Heid himself. ( not guaranteed his availability )

4, 6/26/19

Long route up to Whiteface Mt. Via Vermont. (approx. 350 miles round trip) with a swim at the Flume Falls in Wilmington Ny. (Burger Lunch at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery)

5, 6/27/19

Ride to Tahawus to see an old blast furnace, then capping it off with a short (100 mile) ride around The Great Sacandaga Lake.

6, 6/28/19

Depart for home

This is going to be fun! :thumbsup:

Pat

You forgot the ride to Hot Biscuit for strawberry shortcake and then on that tiny ferry (holds about 10 cars) over to VT.

You forgot the ride to Hot Biscuit for strawberry shortcake and then on that tiny ferry (holds about 10 cars) over to VT.

Ed, I'm not leaving the Lake George area without stuffing my pie-hole :D with strawberry shortcake from the Hot Biscuit! We'll find time! :thumbsup:

Pat

Ed, I'm not leaving the Lake George area without stuffing my pie-hole :D with strawberry shortcake from the Hot Biscuit! We'll find time! :thumbsup:

Pat

Whew ... I was worried for a bit there ! Thanks for the confirm.

I totaled my VW GLI not too long ago but I beat the wrap in traffic court on Tuesday!

Good driver, not too much lately.

It would cost you an airline ticket but if you could find a secure place to store your bike for a week you could do both. I'm 4 hours east, Phil is right down the street and I believe he said he had garage space. :thumbsup:

Pat

^^^ what he said. I have never been to Americade as I have heard it resembles a giant parking lot and I would rather ride than pay $18 to walk thru a bunch of vendors surrounded by potential posers after clutching through gridlock in my back yard.

YMMV, and I would consider hosting you and actually going there. Between the garage and the barn there is plenty of room for your bike and spare battery tenders.

Pat

^^^ what he said. I have never been to Americade as I have heard it resembles a giant parking lot and I would rather ride than pay $18 to walk thru a bunch of vendors surrounded by potential posers after clutching through gridlock in my back yard.

YMMV, and I would consider hosting you and actually going there. Between the garage and the barn there is plenty of room for your bike and spare battery tenders.

Americade is really a nice event. It is not a party like Bike Week or Sturgis. There are a lot of bikes but certainly not a "parking lot". The vendor ares is nice to check out one day and see what is offered. But having been now every year since 1990 sans 3 years I love the area, the roads and most of all the friends I've made. Now Americade is an annual reunion with my Americade Family where we ride and enjoy the friendship. The really cool part about Americade is if you stay IN town you can walk down Canada Street and check out the nightly bike show where bike of all types, ages and configuration show up. In addition over the years I have learned to enjoy the ride up to Lake George from Charlotte. We do it in 2 1/2 days and usually find some neat destination to take in along the way that have included the Flight 93 memorial, the Johnstown Flood Historic site and Bill's Old Bike Barn just to name a few. Americade is an annual trip I usually try not to miss.

So, I am thinking that I could start at Americade, head down to the MOA, and then spend a week near the Dragon and up the Blue Ridge, spending at least a day or so in Asheville sampling beer. To then end up at the Un! Probably spend a day or two near Foot in Tennessee. Lots to see in between the sites. Maybe a Bourbon Tour on the way to the MOA?

Brother Rob, I could throw in Saturday morning 5 stand at the local club should you be interested in moving targets. Loaners will be available. PM me if you're want to stay at my place vs Lake George (30 min north).