IGNORED

Anyone here had experience with BOHN under armor?

Bud

I have the mesh version lowers. I actually think as armor it might just work better than what is supplied with a lot of riding gear. Mainly because it sits exactly where it should and stays there.

But I don't find myself using it much. Too hot. Thought the Bohn armor under my kevlar jeans or Aerostich khakis would be a good hot weather solution for riding shorter distances and sight seeing. But it is hotter than my over pants.

If you just had to wear jeans, this would be good stuff.

• Like 1

I have them. The first thing I had to do was get pants 4" longer. I tried every riding pants out there, and none were comfortable. The Bohn works for me.

I have the lowers and find them extremely comfortable, but I purchased them just before my Oct. '18 tour so the weather was cool. Can't say how they'll be in hot weather.

Many club racers, AHRMA, AFM, used them and trackday types before custom leather companies began including built in armor .

The guys that use the off the shelf stuff still use it.

I have used a Bohn stand alone back protector since they became mandatory with AHRMA almost 10 years ago, it's still doing fine.