IGNORED

Battery heated gloves for walking about??

mrzoom

Anyone have real experience with battery heated gloves ? Not the ones we use on the bike that plug in but ones you could

use to walk dog, shovel snow etc.

My wife has Reynaud's and after we walk the hound her hands are so cold regardless of what glove we've tried. :cry:

We already have tried some heated gloves, 7 volts lithium but they were not acceptable, lacked heat.

There are lots of choices on the interweb but all seem to be lacking even the big money ones.

Maybe I should just put a 12 volt battery in her pocket, hook up a controller and use my old Gerbings however

that is a little too much. :dopeslap:

Experience with a particular brand ???

Thanks and MFC. :wave:

I have some of those and they work well. Good to have a second set of batts. htps://voltheat.com

Edited by bdfbeemer

I recently picked up a Venture jacket liner after a friend bought one at Americade, and am quite impressed. Very thin, instant heat, three settings. It is easier to wear under a jacket than my Gerbings because it is so thin. On their website, I noticed heated gloves and base layers (no socks) with battery hook up. My wife also has Reynaud's and I was planning on trying them for an upcoming ski trip. You might be able to find some reviews on the web.

https://www.ventureheat.com/

Randy Shields

I am an avid backcountry skier and one of my favorite brands is Outdoor Research, based out of Seattle. They recently launched a line of heated gloves for men and women. I don't know anything about the gloves specifically, but if OR is selling them, I would be surprised if they didn't work as advertised. Caution...they are very expensive.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/womens/womens-gloves/womens-ski-gloves/capstone-heated-gloves/p/2448740001005

• 2 weeks later...

Update... Volt recommended ....

The Volt gloves work ok. Battery life on high is only 1 1/2 hrs but for our walks that's enough.

A good value for the money. Wife is happy that's the important thing. :clap:

Another, battery free, option are mittens. Your fingers stay much warmer if you don't separate them. And you can pull your thumbs out of the separate compartments most of the time, except when you actually need to use them. I even use mittens riding at some temperatures.

Mittens, liners were all tried. My wife's condition is so bad there is no heat in her hands to catch. The "toaster gloves "

work well. I still think a Die Hard in a backpack and a set of old Gerbings would be the hot set up. :dopeslap:

Be careful.

Beth actually burned her hand with Gerbings liners (while ago)

We found liners help prevent too much heat to skin that wasn't as sensitive as it once was,

and help maintain heat throughout hand after they have been heated.

YMMV

I walk my dog every morning and don't wear gloves. Just to be clear, I'm in CT so it is below freezing. My hands are in my jeans pockets and when I need to pick up the crap,, I bag it and tie it onto my dog collar D-ring. Hands goes back into the pockets and the hands are always warm. Skip all the gear and frustration.

Alternatively, that doggy crap is a heat source. :grin:

I walk my dog every morning and don't wear gloves. Just to be clear, I'm in CT so it is below freezing. My hands are in my jeans pockets and when I need to pick up the crap,, I bag it and tie it onto my dog collar D-ring. Hands goes back into the pockets and the hands are always warm. Skip all the gear and frustration.

I was wondering where you were going with that, what with the below freezing temps and cold hands . . . .

............ Hands goes back into the pockets and the hands are always warm. Skip all the gear and frustration..................

The thermal mass of cannine crap is shite - USB or methylated spirit handwarmers are the dogs danglies .....