BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#11487 - 11/26/03 01:43 AM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: Mark Tuttle]  
bmwscoot Offline
bmwscoot  Offline

Cottage Grove, MN
Mark,

And all you other Alpen Dorf survivors (me included) making "sight unseen" reservations:

Seems to me we thought that the Alpen Dorf was gonna be a good place to stay when we made our reservations for the last UN!

Hope we have better luck this time!!!!!!

Thought I might give you guys something to chew on for...oh, about 8 months!!

Jeff Reiswig
#11488 - 11/26/03 01:52 AM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: bmwscoot]  
Mark Tuttle Offline
Mark Tuttle  Offline

Tucson, the other Arizona
Quote:

Mark,

And all you other Alpen Dorf survivors (me included) making "sight unseen" reservations:

Seems to me we thought that the Alpen Dorf was gonna be a good place to stay when we made our reservations for the last UN!

Hope we have better luck this time!!!!!!

Thought I might give you guys something to chew on for...oh, about 8 months!!

Perhaps, but Verna has a personality and Lucky didn't.

Mark T. My bike finally sold. When I picked up the check my wife said, "Oh good, now we can use that for the new sofa we bought." Cold woman.
#11489 - 11/26/03 05:05 AM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: Mark Tuttle]  
Mark Menard (Vita Rara) Offline
Mark Menard (Vita Rara)  Offline

Troy, NY, US
Quote:

Perhaps, but Verna has a personality and Lucky didn't.

Yea, I got a good feel after talking to her on the phone. Also, in reality like I think Paul Mihalka once stated all I need is something, "just this side of camping," or words to that effect.

Mark

"Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom... fill your lives with love and bravery and you shall lead a life uncommon." -Jewel

My Personal Site
#11490 - 11/26/03 11:56 AM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: Mark Menard (Vita Rara)]  
Marty Hill Offline
The Energiser Bunny
Marty Hill  Offline
The Energiser Bunny

Atlanta, Ga.
Forget the place and think about all the great guys who will be staying there. I'll bet the guys with the high priced rooms will be wanting to trade places and throw in a cash bonus.

Marty
49 states/32 countries/3 continents

700GS/white...old age moto

WWMHD...ride till you can't

Semper Paratus
#11491 - 11/27/03 12:25 AM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: Marty Hill]  
bmwscoot Offline
bmwscoot  Offline

Cottage Grove, MN
Quote:

Forget the place and think about all the great guys who will be staying there. I'll bet the guys with the high priced rooms will be wanting to trade places and throw in a cash bonus.

Absolutely, Marty!

I had a great time meeting some of you @ Un2, and am looking forward to meeting lots more of you next year.

Barb is looking forward to her first 1000 mile trip out there, and I am doing some planning to make her trip comfortable and enjoyably scenic! (let's see, Autocom and iPod or XM?)

Can't wait, but winter has just started!

Marty, we will look for some level parking areas for you so you don't get messed up and park "nose down" again!
Maybe we can get you a reserved spot.

See you guys out there, and I am sure it's a better place than the Alpen Dump.

Jeff Reiswig
#11492 - 11/27/03 02:54 AM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: KMG_365]  
JWR1100 Offline
JWR1100  Offline

Lakewood, Colo. USA
I think I'll ride the R75 out to the MOA national, since all the big-bucks motel-camping top-heavy-RT riders will be in Wyoming. That'll make it lots easier to find a tent spot in Washington, I reckon.

Jon R75/7 ABC 4405 MOA 69630
#11493 - 12/09/03 03:54 PM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: KMG_365]  
Chief Offline
Newer Member
Chief  Offline
Newer Member

Burlington, Connecticut
This looks to be one of the MUST stops on my trip to the other coast and back next year. Baring mishaps and timing I hopefully will be there, just hope I can find a piece of ground to lie on.

Fred Burlington, CT Amateur Radio NF1U 2003 R1150RT(Black of Course) 1987 SuperMagna(The fast color - Red)
#11494 - 12/16/03 02:37 PM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: KMG_365]  
SANTA Offline
SANTA  Offline

S'toon, SK, Canada
Since i've just sort of started following this forum since the summer, i still kind of feel out of place... want to attend the rally, but want some idea what you intend to do over the three days of this event?

Don't know if im into packing up to camp it or motel it, how late can one hold of the decision to attend and still find reasonable accomodations???

IBA 73.850commando_snoopy, 03.r11s_blue-baron, 11.F800st_ghostrider1, 05 B5.5-TDi
Dempster Assault - 28hrs and a zillion mosquitoes
#11495 - 12/16/03 02:41 PM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: SANTA]  
David Offline
Proprietor Emeritus
David  Offline
Proprietor Emeritus

Nipper's Corner, TN
Quote:

Don't know if im into packing up to camp it or motel it, how late can one hold of the decision to attend and still find reasonable accomodations???

In terms of the UnRally itself, you could wait until nigh the last moment. But in terms of a hotel room, you're gonna be screwed. This is the high season in Cody, and it will be very difficult to find anything even months in advance.

Author, Speaker, Advisor, Troublemaker

David C. Baker
#11496 - 12/16/03 04:12 PM Re: Headquarters and lodging announcement! [Re: SANTA]  
Les is more Offline
Mama Hoon
Les is more  Offline
Mama Hoon

San Diego, CA
Dear Santa,

I've been a very good...

Oh wait, I was responding to your post.

I'm sure the Hotels in the area will fill up quickly.

As Jamie mentioned above, the Ponderosa Campground is the UnRally Headquarters and we have reserved a couple of their camping areas. I'm told that there is ample camping space, so it's possible that you could wait fairly late to make your decision if camping is your game.

Of course there are many sights and activities to enjoy in the Cody area, but, as for the Un-activities , they are easy to remember. Since, for some reason, your screen name puts me in the Christmas spirit, I'll paraphrase an old "Chestnut."

" and so, I'm offering this simple phrase, to kids from one to ninety -two. Although it's been said many times, many ways, Ride, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to You!"

Leslie

Rebel with Menopause
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

T-Shirts here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  EffBee