BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#16727 - 06/24/04 10:53 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Stan Compton Offline
Stan Compton  Offline

Port Angeles, WA
I will be leaving Friday, July 2, for Durango, CO where I will meet up with an old friend who will be coming from Midland, TX. We will spend six days together riding in the four corners area before I head on up to Cody.
The bike is serviced, washed, waxed, and ready to go. The last week is always the hardest.

I will be leaving Durango, CO Sunday morning of July 11 and will spend that night in Rock Springs, WY. The next day I will continue on to Cody via Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, and Yellowstone. I would be pleased to have someone to ride with from Durango to Cody.

Stan Compton 2003 Biarritz Blue R1150RT Un3 in Cody was a blast!
#16728 - 06/24/04 11:38 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
tgregg Offline
tgregg  Offline

St George Utah
I am so ready to go. I was going to leave home July 10th, but now I am going to head out on the 7th and go up through Utah and Idaho and then zig East through Montana to Cody arriving Sunday or Monday.

Gregg Turk
AMA LIFE MEMBER
2008 XT 250 Yamaha
1999 R1100RT BMW
St George, UTAH
#16729 - 06/24/04 11:45 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Bob]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

If Barbara and I see a lady on an RT with Illinois plates, I do intend to ask her if she is Kathy.

Look for the following:
Dark Blue 2002
Black Kilamanjaro pants and jacket (or silver if it's hot)
Black helmet with bright orange sticker on the front and back telling Good Samaritan's to leave my helmet on (I'm a realist) and Fernando's little white reflective squares in a kind of skunk pattern.

I may not have the prettiest helmet, but y'all shore as heck know it's me!!! And my plate frame says "Kathy - Paper Butt Assoc" WHOO HOO!

Oh and ask anyone if I hug? Anyone whose met me...cripes at Gunnison I was hugging "strangers" as long as they were coming into the campground on bikes. I figured they HAD to be my friends.

Planes, bikes, cars, buggies...who cares how we all arrive...as long as we do safely. I can't believe I missed UN 2. TIGTBSMF!!

#16730 - 06/24/04 11:51 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
I'm headed out of DFW on Friday the 9th. Will be in Paonia for the TOR Rally Saturday. Up in the air on whether I'll stay Sunday night or leave for Cody Sunday A.M.

If I stay and leave Monday A.M., I've got to hustle up about 600mi to meet Miss Vicki's plane that evening. Otherwise, I could piddle up two 300mi days if I leave Sunday A.M.

Probably won't make that decision till I see what kind of fun we're havin' at TOR.

Riding the Bear Tooth Tuesday, so see ya Monday evening or Tuesday morning for sure.

I'm already packed, re-packed, & re-packed, & re-packed...

Didn't ever unpack from our scrubbed trip to Torrey.

Yeeha! Stephen
Deep in the Heaaaaarrrrt of Texaaaas
"Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie!" Miss Vicki 2002
#16731 - 06/25/04 01:43 AM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
bmwscoot Offline
bmwscoot  Offline

Cottage Grove, MN
Kathy...
Need to jabber?....h*ll ya!!

Go the scoot all broken in, the seat is back from "Rocky" Mayer. All the electrical gear installed and working!!

BTW, DO NOT ever change bikes in the middle of a riding season, what a PITA getting all aspects of the new bike to your liking while under a deadline.
Gonna run the bike all weekend since Barb is working, and I am NOT (finally)!!!
Might even make it to Betty's for some bike chatter this weekend to help alleviate this nervous, excitement building up.

Since we are two up, we are gonna try someone else's idea and ship one box UPS to the Carriage House a week ahead of time. It will contain lots of stuff not needed out or back, and a refill of clothing to swap out. Also lots of warm stuff for the cold mountain riding.
Since we are staying all the time in one place, and radiating our rides from Cody, this UPS idea should just be great.

Since we are riding in via South Dak., probably riding out the Northern route through Teddy Roosevelt Park in N. Dak.(especially if it's hot), and then visit relatives in Fargo (ya sure) on the way home.

I'm gonna be making our list for packing the bike, and also the UPS box this weekend. To make it feel closer, our UPS box will probably be sent out to Cody...oh, in about another week!!!!

If you guys see a dark blue ST13 in front of the Carriage House #23, stop by and say hi! If we don't answer the door however after a couple knocks, remember this is only 2 weeks away from our 30th wedding anniversary!!!!
'Nuff Said?

Jeff Reiswig
#16732 - 06/25/04 04:47 AM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
MikeRC Offline
MikeRC  Offline

Alberta Canada
Would you people PLEASE quieten down!! Some of us have a lot of work (and some riding) to be done before we can leave.

Let's see, left case packed with the same repair/cold/rainy weather stuff all the time. Add a couple o' shirts, underwear and pants; a coat, shoes and shaving kit and I'm ready to go.

Should take 1 hr in the morning July 9th.

Back to work. Work, work, work.

Mike Cassidy

2013 R1200GSW
2002 Silver R1150RT (gone)
2004 Kawasaki KLX 400 SR

I wish I could be 1/4 the rider this bike deserves.
#16733 - 06/25/04 08:44 AM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
KDeline Offline
KDeline  Offline

Oh, is it that time already.......

#16734 - 06/25/04 07:29 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Joe Frickin' Friday Offline
Administrator
Joe Frickin' Friday  Offline

Administrator

Ann Arbor, MI (USA)
Quote:

Oh and ask anyone if I hug? Anyone whose met me...cripes at Gunnison I was hugging "strangers" as long as they were coming into the campground on bikes. I figured they HAD to be my friends.

I remember meeting you at the A&W. I introduced myself: "Hi, I'm Mitch Patrie." You shook my hand and kinda smiled at me like "oh, uh, ok..." and then I said "Joe Frickin' Friday," and after a scream of recognition you just about tackled me to the ground with a hug!

#16735 - 06/25/04 08:07 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Tom02RT Offline
Tom02RT  Offline

Omaha, Nebraska
Kathy ...
I know exactly what you mean. I head out two weeks from tomorrow. And between then and now I have a ton of things to do at work ... so it is good for me that I have two weeks to get all the stuff done.

I don't want to hijack this thread ... but any of you out there in CyberSpace use Helen 2 Wheels bags, specifically the larger one, send me a private message telling me how you secure it to the bike and specifically the luggage rack on a RT. Seems like it hangs down over the edges.

But back to the topic...I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. This will be my first gathering with you all, and I want you to know I have very high expectations as I've heard great things.

Tom in Omaha 2005 R1200GS 2006 R1200RT
#16736 - 06/25/04 08:51 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Tom02RT]  
Ken H. Offline
Turtle Whacks
Ken H.  Offline
Turtle Whacks

Edmonton, AB Canada
Quote:

I have very high expectations as I've heard great things.

Gawd, now we're in real trouble. Somebody's coming with high expectations!

Anybody want to break the news to Tom of Omaha?

Ken & Donna H.
Doctor I need to learn how to relax faster.

If you want to ride tomorrow, ride quietly today.
Quiet is cool, silent is sexy.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  EffBee