BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#16737 - 06/25/04 09:13 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Les is more Offline
Mama Hoon
Les is more  Offline
Mama Hoon

San Diego, CA
Time is growing short and the list of things left to do is growing long.

Jamie and I will be arriving in Cody a couple of days early to clear up last minute details and play tourist.

We're hoping that as many of you as can will join us Monday evening at the Ponderosa Campground for greetings, hugs and no host pizza. We'll probably be there mid-late afternoon. We're staying in one of the camping cabins.

See all y'all in Cody!!

Leslie

Rebel with Menopause
Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

T-Shirts here!

#16738 - 06/26/04 03:35 AM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
BFG Offline
BFG  Offline

Leelanau County, MI, USA
Wow! I've been gone for the past 2 weeks (ridin' the Smokies) and I'll never catch up on all the posts. I'll be leaving some of the gear packed. No camping for me, I've had a room reserved months ago at the Carriage House for Sunday through Wednesday night. I'll be coming through da U.P., the southern end of the Big Lake scares me.

Fresh tires arriving next week.....
13 days and counting.....

"I've learned something out here on the road, Dottie...Humility" __ P.W.

2000RTSE from Michigan's little finger
#16739 - 06/27/04 08:32 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Dances With Roads Offline
Dances With Roads  Offline

Bothell, WA USA
Kathy

Meeting Steve Kolseth (Grey Dog) on the Columbia the morning of the fifth, and head off to Colorado where we will meet up with Darmahman for some mountain riding. Probably at TOR Friday and up to the UN Monday, have camping reservation at the Ponderosa on the river. I have never been to Cody and I have heard so much about those roads.

I just heard that Colorado is the greenest in years - (remember how dry it was at Gunnison?) - can't wait to see it!!

#16740 - 06/27/04 08:56 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Joe Frickin' Friday]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

you just about tackled me to the ground with a hug!

Ok, JFF, this time you'd better brace yourself real good!

Oh, Tom - I love a good hi-jack... ....I'd suggest you are overstuffing the bag? Put less in it and fold the opening down more maybe, all the while following Helen's method for compressing the bag? Talk to Helen. She'll straighten you out.

Goodness, I can't wait to see you all. I'll be coming up from Vegas with Brian T and Meghan. We should be in Jackson WY Sunday night.

#16741 - 06/27/04 10:37 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Mark Tuttle Offline
Mark Tuttle  Offline

Tucson, the other Arizona
What was planned as a threesome is now a onesome due to attrition, and so I think I'll leave four or five days early and meander around on my way north and arrive in Cody on Sunday at the Carriage House.

Mark T. My bike finally sold. When I picked up the check my wife said, "Oh good, now we can use that for the new sofa we bought." Cold woman.
#16742 - 06/29/04 02:16 AM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Mark Tuttle]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

Ok, I went to the book store today to get a newer less beat up set of maps. I came away with a giant book..in Enlarged Scale. Neat.

What I've done in the past is rip the pages out and use them. Then it dawned on me to just make photo copies of pages from a map book and simply hi-lite the routes I'll be on. After I'm done with those photo copies I toss them.

I've spent the evening studying the state of Nevada, Utah, Western Colorado, SE Idaho and all of Wyoming. I feel like a 4th grader craming for a test.

#16743 - 06/29/04 02:47 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
Mark Tuttle Offline
Mark Tuttle  Offline

Tucson, the other Arizona
Quote:

I've spent the evening studying the state of Nevada, Utah, Western Colorado, SE Idaho and all of Wyoming. I feel like a 4th grader craming for a test.

Better study hard and do well, or no pizza for you

Mark T. My bike finally sold. When I picked up the check my wife said, "Oh good, now we can use that for the new sofa we bought." Cold woman.
#16744 - 06/29/04 02:55 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
JonathanE Offline
JonathanE  Offline

SF Bay Area, CA
Oh, yeah . . . maps. I guess I'd better go find some maps or something. I'm so fired up about leaving that my RT and I are all ready to go, but I don't have any maps.

I think I'd be able to find Cody even without a single stinkin map. My RT knows how to find y'all better than my bad navigation skills can. I don't think I'm even going to pick a route out until an hour into my ride 10 days and 3 hours and five or six minutes from now. Perhaps I'll just head north for a bit and then zig-zag east for a while. My RT will take me to the place where there be hugs and friends.

I can't wait to get there and see all my old friends and all the new ones too.

Think my RT is ready? Just check out this picture of fresh new rubber I slipped onto my baby's spare wheel last night! There's something extra sweet about new rubber for a long trip.

Attached Files
368063-Babysnewshoe.JPG (28 downloads)

Jonathan

~ anything worth doing, is worth overdoing ~
#16745 - 06/29/04 04:25 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
KTsRidin Offline
Ranger Kiddo
KTsRidin  Offline
Ranger Kiddo

Stafford, VA
Me - last night - NO sleep. Kept thinking of things to add to the already stuffed bags (at least I've done some packing in my head). Actually started making a list in the dark so I wouldn't forget all the things I don't have room for and won't really need.

After a trip down to Cherokee, NC, I'm off to Cody. Look for the green RT, blue/silver Savanah suit, VA plates, & ugly yellow helmet! This will be my first UN so you all have to be nice (sort of).

Then, it's off to Spokane. Maybe I should check-out those multi-day undies you saw at REI.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Cheers and safe travels,
KT

Iron Butt Riding site - be a part of the insanity!

KT smile

09' R1200RT
07' F800ST (still available)
97' R1100RT-sold
IBA #404
#16746 - 06/29/04 07:17 PM Re: Cody - The Excited Chatter Thread [Re: Kathy R]  
SANTA Offline
SANTA  Offline

S'toon, SK, Canada
excited? i'm pumped...

I'm 5 hours from home and have a long list of stuff that needs to be done (and can't do them), most important i think i need to do a Sync , lile now has 2900km and the last 500 had some vibes in the right handle bar... thought it was much smoother when it was new. so its gonna be rushed next week, but i should be able to get it done...

hugs? santa never complains...

IBA 73.850commando_snoopy, 03.r11s_blue-baron, 11.F800st_ghostrider1, 05 B5.5-TDi
Dempster Assault - 28hrs and a zillion mosquitoes
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  EffBee