BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 59 of 68 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 68 >
Topic Options
#186937 - 09/09/07 09:09 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Richard_D]
Jacqueline Offline

Loc: FL, CA & everywhere in between...
Quote:

Jacqueline, Should we be making plans to meet at The Blackwater Inn?

I'm getting closer.... I'm in VA right now.... waiting for it to get cooler . This heat is killing me .

#186938 - 09/10/07 01:56 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Francois_Dumas Offline
Poldergeist

Loc: Good ol' Europe
Wonderful pictures as always Jacqueline! I am so glad you stop and take the time to make them !! Heat is long gone in northern Europe, perhaps you should've come here !!

Francois' Blog,
EuropeRides.com and WhyFly.aero

#186939 - 09/10/07 04:20 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Jacqueline Offline

We stopped along the Historic Columbia River Highway to enjoy the sunset…

Getting hungry it did not take us long to find a great place for dinner…..

I’d recommend it to everyone…..
http://www.tadschicdump.com/photos.htm it alone would be worth the ride… but with the beauty of the roads and the landscapes of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area it’s a grand slam!!!!

It is nestled on the banks of the Sandy River in Troutdale, Oregon and it’s only twenty miles east of Portland.

The outside walls are actually glass doors/windows that fold back and invite the outside in…..

We had to have the Chicken’n Dumplins…. wonderful… (and very filling).

I have never seen such large dumplins before .

#186940 - 09/10/07 08:17 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Jacqueline Offline

More views of Oregon…

If you ever get to Enterprise, Oregon you must stop and spend the night with Jack & Judy Burgoyne

at The Historic Enterprise House Bed & Breakfast; www.enterprisehousebnb.com

We stumbled upon this lovely 1910 Victorian style home, once we met Jack & Judy and saw their gracefully decorated home (with old style charm), we had to stay.

Within walking distance is a Microbrewery with wonderful beer, local wines, wonderful food, and enjoyable customers where we enjoyed dinner……

(this picture will not coporate..it will not turn)
Breakfast was a grand affair….. (almost to grand for the likes of two bikers)

A swing on the swing in the front yard…..

then it was down the road to Joseph and views of Hells Canyon.

On the way we came upon a real live cattle drive……
Get’em up, move’em out, rawhide! WOW!!!!

It was an open range area, and they were rounding up the herd…..
Two “Cowboys” and about five working dogs…….

headed right for us. We pulled over and stopped, I had shut off my bike and got off (to take pictures) when one of the “Cowboys” said he wanted us to keep coming. Back on the bike, we continued forwarded and the cattle started to scatter…. The “Cowboys” whistled and the dogs went to work rounding the herd back up.

WOW!!!!! I had never seen herding dogs at work, they were GREAT!!!!

Hells Canyon was established by Congress Dec. 31, 1975, contains 215,000 acres of wilderness, and has three rivers which are designated “WILD and Scenic”; the Snake River, the Imnaha River, and the Rapid River.

Time to head north to Glacier National Park.....

#186941 - 09/10/07 08:25 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Whip Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
The last time Richard went to Hells Canyon he looked like this........

We are spending more money than we have ever spent before, and it does not work. After eight years we have just as much unemployment as when we started, and an enormous debt to boot. H Morgenthau 1939

#186942 - 09/10/07 10:06 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads home from Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Jacqueline Offline

Idaho...

Some of the greenest hay I have ever seen…….

On my trip I have seen a lot of bears but these are the first that I have been able to photograph.

Yes, Momma is looking right at me!!!!!

A wonderful little town that should not be missed is Riggins, Idaho and Route 12, Lolo Pass.

This sign almost says it all!

Montana

The first stop is the BMW Dealer …. Big Sky BMW in Missoula …. Called ahead the week before to order the frame bolt that is broken on my bike. Actually requested and paid for express shipment on the bolt and was told it would be there the afternoon I arrived….. NO BOLT!!!!!! The Parts Department had messed up the order and the bolt was not there. The Service Department thought they might be able to do something for me still, but soon realized they could not. On a scale of 1 to 10; I give the Parts Department a 1 and the Service Department an 8 for an over-all total of 4.5 . (as of today the bolt is still broken, and is scheduled to be replaced tomorrow in Lynchburg, VA).

Montana was hot so I wore my mesh gear…. By the time the sun started going down it got cold….. not wanting to mess around with trying to get my mesh jacket secure on the bike I just put my regular riding jacket right over my mesh jacket…. I felt like a quarterback with all the padding……

Edited by Jacqueline (09/10/07 10:11 PM)

#186943 - 09/11/07 09:07 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads home from Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Jacqueline Offline

Glacier National Park…..

the first International Peace Park (between Canada and the US) and one of the most ecologically diverse parts of the Rocky Mountain West. The Park represents a vision of a world in which peoples set aside their differences and work together in the interest of all life. This Park (scared place) is a living embodiment of hope. It was here (in the West) that I realized there were/are so many more different Tribes of Indiana then I knew.

Tom I got the stamp and so did someone else……

So many people had told me about Going-to-the-Sun Road;
A beautiful road for riding … but there seemed to be no place that the road was not at some angle and was a challenge for me when I stopped, which made it a little nerve wrecking (not to mention I felt like I was going to be pushed over by someone ….not on purpose….. I did make my point and was given more room .)

We stopped at a parking area to take a few pictures and explore.

We spotted this mother Mountain Goat and her kid high on this mountain.

look in the middle at the top of the ridge.
The Mountain Goat’s hooves are well adapted to this rocky habitat. Their hooves have a sharp outer rim and a rubbery sole that provides excellent traction on steep, smooth surfaces. Not to mention their solid legs and bodies… look like pure muscle to me.

We walked back to the parking lot to find….

another Momma…. and

her kid……
CUTE!! BEAUTIFUL!! SOLID!! WOW!!

A crowd gathered to watch them and they started moving….towards my bike…. .

But they soon realized there was one there that they liked better… .

It appeared something (soda maybe) had been poured on the ground under Richard’s bike.

It was amazing to watch Momma just step up on that wall…… ..

I love her eyes!!!! BEAUTIFUL!

Next more of Glacier……………

#186944 - 09/11/07 09:18 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Whip Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX

I hope that's not FD fluid.................

Great pix J.

Whip
We are spending more money than we have ever spent before, and it does not work. After eight years we have just as much unemployment as when we started, and an enormous debt to boot. H Morgenthau 1939

#186945 - 09/11/07 09:23 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Whip]
Francois_Dumas Offline
Poldergeist

Loc: Good ol' Europe
Kneeling for a BMW... now that's more like it !!!!

Francois' Blog,
EuropeRides.com and WhyFly.aero

#186946 - 09/11/07 02:59 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Whip]
Paul_Burkett Offline

Loc: Illinois, U.S.A.
I hope that it isn't anifreeze.

Roselle, IL.

Chicago Region BMWOA

2004 Cholesterol Award

Page 59 of 68 < 1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 68 >