BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 60 of 68 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 67 68 >
Topic Options
#186947 - 09/11/07 05:53 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Paul_Burkett]
Jacqueline Offline

Loc: FL, CA & everywhere in between...
Quote:

I hope that it isn't anifreeze.

That REALLY bothers me to hear that and to realize you VERY WELL may be right . Someone from the ADV rider board said that was what it was and he has seen it often . Had I known that or even thought that, I would have run them off. At the time we thought it was water running out of Richard's camelback sitting on the bike. But later realized it had not been leaking . I can only hope that was not enough to do them harm. I wonder what can be done to stop this from continuing ....... I may have a new mission in life!
Kirsten, this is right up your line of work; any thoughts?

Edited by Jacqueline (09/11/07 05:59 PM)

#186948 - 09/11/07 06:29 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Jacqueline Offline

We stopped at a Visitor Center to sit and eat the sandwiches we brought with us and to enjoy the views……

If one prefers you can park your car and enjoy the sights of the Park from one of these neat looking buses….

Notice the people in this bus with your heads out the roof………

They are taking pictures of this BIG BEAUTIFUL fellow………………………

A Long Horn Sheep.

Trees that grow right out of the rock!

A must see...
I need to go back!

#186949 - 09/12/07 02:07 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Francois_Dumas Offline
Poldergeist

Loc: Good ol' Europe
Quote:

Quote:

I hope that it isn't anifreeze.

That REALLY bothers me to hear that and to realize you VERY WELL may be right . Someone from the ADV rider board said that was what it was and he has seen it often . Had I known that or even thought that, I would have run them off. At the time we thought it was water running out of Richard's camelback sitting on the bike. But later realized it had not been leaking . I can only hope that was not enough to do them harm. I wonder what can be done to stop this from continuing ....... I may have a new mission in life!
Kirsten, this is right up your line of work; any thoughts?

Why (and HOW!) would anti-freeze leak from cars !?? That's inside the radiators, isn't it? I'd figure it would be moisture dripping from all the airco's that cars have these days. That would be harmless.... just water.

On another note: goats can eat just about ANYTHING and it doesn't seem to bother them

Francois' Blog,
EuropeRides.com and WhyFly.aero

#186950 - 09/12/07 07:36 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Francois_Dumas]
tallman Offline
Picture Perfect Humorist

Loc: Tallahassee, Florida
HI
Francois,
Unfortunately, over here, many drivers operate vehicles that leak, ooze, and leave evidence of this behind them. Most parking lots have mixtures of oil, transmission fluid, anti-freeze, brake fluid, air-conditioning condensation, soda, and other non-descript fluids that find low spots, mix or congregate, wait for rain and then escape.
Evaporation leaves traces of this pollution. It is impossible to avoid.
JACK
2003 K 1200 GT Mearas Luhn

#186951 - 09/12/07 08:38 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: tallman]
Francois_Dumas Offline
Poldergeist

Oh

Francois' Blog,

#186952 - 09/12/07 05:48 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
algover Offline
The Sensible Adventurer

Loc: Danville, Ca. US
A Long Horn Sheep

Jackie, I think you mean Big Horn sheep.

The BIGGER the Government, the smaller the individual.

#186953 - 09/12/07 06:20 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: algover]
Jacqueline Offline

Quote:

A Long Horn Sheep

Jackie, I think you mean Big Horn sheep.

I knew something did not sound right . I guess I'm confussing my sheep with my cows .

#186954 - 09/12/07 07:28 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Jacqueline Offline

Going through Montana we stopped and visited with Ernie and Edee.

Several months back while on a trip on his LT, Ernie had a problem with the back tire and Richard had come to his rescue.

They have a small farm where Edee enjoys her passion…. Horses.

A wonderful couple that has it figured out and are living the love life in Montana!

Views of Montana……on the way to Yellowstone National Park……..

Wheat fields that have been harvested.

Beartooth Highway..... what a road ....can you say switchbacks!
"The first 15 miles out of Red Lodge takes you from the canyon floor and climbs almost 4,000 feet in elevation, taking you past Precambrian rock slides and red and yellow rock outcroppings. Expect hairpin curves, U-curves, and sinuous S-curves in the road as you climb to the canyon rim past forests, rugged cliffs, pristine lakes, mountain peaks, and alpine tundra. At 45 miles in length, you cross the highest point in the Beartooth Highway at 10,974. Here, you leave Montana and enter Wyoming. The descent takes you along switchbacks which meander through rolling hills saturated with lakes, forests, and wildlife." BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

This mountain really had my attention...and I got to enjoy it from many sides and elevations as we worked our way up and over the pass!

#186955 - 09/12/07 07:37 PM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Jacqueline]
Whip Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Love those pix.....

I'm putting someone(Phillyflash) on notice.....if this isn't a "Ride Tale That Lasts"......we gonna have problems in Torrey.

Whip

We are spending more money than we have ever spent before, and it does not work. After eight years we have just as much unemployment as when we started, and an enormous debt to boot. H Morgenthau 1939

#186956 - 09/13/07 03:33 AM Re: Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska [Re: Whip]
Francois_Dumas Offline
Poldergeist

It's lasting already, isn't it ?

I agree..... this thing is 'epic' !!

Francois' Blog,

Page 60 of 68 < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 67 68 >