BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26348 - 04/20/05 09:24 PM Having problems? Go here first!  
russell_bynum Offline
bounce
russell_bynum  Offline
bounce

Wildomar, CA, USA
This thread contains posts that should give you the information you need to solve the majority of the most common problems that users typically experience.

Please check here first before contacting us, freaking out, breaking down in tears, etc.

Please DO NOT email Admins with your support issues. Please use the support@bmwsporttouring.com address instead. If the support address does not respond in a timely fashion, we apologize. The support address is monitored by volunteers who do this in their spare time. If you don't get an immediate response, it is probably because we are out riding, working, being with our families or otherwise having a life. grin Please be patient.

#26349 - 04/20/05 09:25 PM Trouble logging in [Re: russell_bynum]  
russell_bynum Offline
bounce
russell_bynum  Offline
bounce

Wildomar, CA, USA
Trouble logging in

/Are you sure that you have the right password? Go to http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/logout.php?Cat= and then type your username into the box. Then click "I forgot my password." A temporary one will be emailed to you within minutes. Use that to log in, and then reset your password within "My Home" to whatever you like, including the old one. Be sure to use it within 24 hours.

If you know you have the right password...

/Log out if you haven't already done so.

/Make sure all cookies are enabled in your browser. You can verify each one, if you wish, but you cannot use the site without accepting cookies.

/Delete any cookies associated with bmwsporttouring.com. Click on "My Cookies" on the bottom-left side of the page. Click "Expire Cookies"

/In your browser preferences (usually under "advanced," empty your cache and then force the cache to be updated "always" or "every visit to the page." The exact wording will depend on your browser.

/Look at your system clock. Is it set to the right date and time?

Log back in and try it. If you are still having trouble...

/Are you using a personal firewall? Disconnect it temporarily and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you haven't configured it correctly.

/Are you using a cable modem? Many cable modem providers cache pages (and occasionally claim they don't). Try a dialup connection just to see if it's your cable modem.

/Try a different browser and/or different computer.

Russell
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
#26350 - 04/20/05 09:25 PM Errors creating a new identity [Re: russell_bynum]  
russell_bynum Offline
bounce
russell_bynum  Offline
bounce

Wildomar, CA, USA
Errors creating a new identity

If you keep getting error messages when trying to create a username in order to participate on the Discussion Board, particularly if the message says that all fields have not been completed, it's likely that you forgot to check the box that indicates your assent to the user agreement.

Russell
#26351 - 04/20/05 09:26 PM Not receiving verification email when creating a new identity [Re: russell_bynum]  
russell_bynum Offline
bounce
russell_bynum  Offline
bounce

Wildomar, CA, USA
Not receiving verification email when creating a new identity

When you create a username, you will be sent a verification email. This email will be sent to the email address that you provided when you created the username. You must click on the link in that email within 24 hours of creating your username. Clicking the link will bring you back to BMWSportTouring.Com and will verify your account. Until you have done this, you will not be able to use the account.

If you do not receive the email in a timely manner, please check your Anti-Spam software. The vast majority of the time, when users do not get their verification email it is because they (or their ISP) are running anti-spam software that is blocking the verification email. Please check your settings and/or turn the anti-spam filters off until you receive the verification email.

If you go more than 24 hours from the time you created a username and you do not verify the account by clicking on the link in the verification email, the username will be automatically purged from the system. At that point, you can try again to create a new username.

Russell