BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#318122 - 04/05/08 03:35 PM Raincoat New Product Announcement..  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Wondering if this board allows posting of a blatantly commercial message about a new product for riders?

Raincoat keeps water off of plastic shields, visors. More info. here>

www.motosolutions.com/raincoat.html

mod edit: tweaked subject line.

Last edited by Boffin; 04/05/08 04:10 PM.

Raincoat and Fogtech at www.motosolutions.com
#318123 - 04/05/08 04:09 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement..Where does it go? [Re: themenz]  
Boffin Offline
Our UK Ambassador
Boffin  Offline
Our UK Ambassador

West Devon, UK
As per the user agreement you carefully read and digested when joining :

Rule 10:
If you own or are part of a motorcycle related, commercial enterprise you may make a one time announcement to the board. After that you may put a link in your signature line as your only reference to your business.

This post constitutes your one-time announcement

But it should go in bike related

Andy

Andy Long

2004 R1150RT : traded for:
2002 R850R SE
1986 K100RT : sold
2013 Kawasaki W800 : sold
2015 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 EFI

"No man ever got very high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not knock those who work with him. Don't knock your friends. Don't knock your enemies. Don't knock yourself." Alfred Lord Tennyson
#318124 - 04/05/08 04:30 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: themenz]  
Mr_Ed Offline
Mr_Ed  Offline

Raleigh, NC
Looked at the demo video just because. While it seems to make the large drop of water roll off with ease I didn't see anything at all that gave me the impression that this would work any better than rain-x when it comes to dealing with lite spray. IMO It's the lite stuff that is the problem... big drops are no big deal if your shield is in good condition.

Ed G.
IBA# 30148
07-R1200GSA (happily using up tires and fuel)
#318125 - 04/05/08 10:38 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Mr_Ed]  
Quinn Offline
Quinn  Offline

Durham, NC
Quote:

Looked at the demo video just because. While it seems to make the large drop of water roll off with ease I didn't see anything at all that gave me the impression that this would work any better than rain-x when it comes to dealing with lite spray. IMO It's the lite stuff that is the problem... big drops are no big deal if your shield is in good condition.

I thought rain-x was a no-no on plastic?

Maybe a chicken is just an egg's way of making more eggs.
#318126 - 04/05/08 11:06 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Quinn]  
tonyla Offline
tonyla  Offline

Salem CT
Quote:

Quote:

I have that for the lexan(sp) windshields

-----------
2005 1150RT-Gone
Yamaha TW200-Gone
2009 K1200 LT-Gone
1200GS
#318127 - 04/06/08 01:28 AM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Quinn]  
Mr_Ed Offline
Mr_Ed  Offline

Raleigh, NC
Quote:

Quote:

Ah... Did not know that. In anycase... I still wonder if this product helps in anyway when dealing with a lite mist. I believe that big drops of water are just too easy to shed and that's all the video covers.

Ed G.
IBA# 30148
07-R1200GSA (happily using up tires and fuel)
#318128 - 04/06/08 03:52 AM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Mr_Ed]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

Ed G makes a good point, that mist is a problem on our shields. You get behind a big truck or if you are in a fog, mist causes vision problems.

Raincoat makes larger drops fall with gravity almost instantly as you see in the video. As the drops get smaller, Raincoat beads them up and they blow off with the wind. Even the smallest drops bead up and appear smaller but it takes more wind to get rid of them. It is hard to show all that in a 60 second video.

Raincoat is not perfect at getting rid of the smallest drops. But it is the best out there by far. And it is guaranteed. If you don't like the way it handles mist, let me know and I will refund your purchase price and shipping.

Raincoat and Fogtech at www.motosolutions.com
#318129 - 04/06/08 05:54 AM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: themenz]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Quote:

Quote:

Ed G makes a good point, that mist is a problem on our shields. You get behind a big truck or if you are in a fog, mist causes vision problems.

Raincoat makes larger drops fall with gravity almost instantly as you see in the video. As the drops get smaller, Raincoat beads them up and they blow off with the wind. Even the smallest drops bead up and appear smaller but it takes more wind to get rid of them. It is hard to show all that in a 60 second video.

Raincoat is not perfect at getting rid of the smallest drops. But it is the best out there by far. And it is guaranteed. If you don't like the way it handles mist, let me know and I will refund your purchase price and shipping.

Wish everything came with that sort of guarantee.

95% of an RT.

I haven't had too many Beemers, I just don't have enough time.
#318130 - 04/06/08 12:39 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: themenz]  
Lawman Offline
Lawman  Offline

Joaquin, Texas
How does it compare to Cat Crap?

Billy Hearnsberger
2005 R1200RT
Life is good. Then you die.
#318131 - 04/06/08 05:21 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Bud]  
DiggerJim Offline
DiggerJim  Offline

Simsbury, CT
Quote:

Wish everything came with that sort of guarantee.

I haven't tried the latest formulation, but I have to say that I was involved in some of the tests of the product a year or so ago so I can vouch for the effort that was going into getting the formula right. The testing was run in a very disciplined way with results being asked for various precipitation events (rain, mist, snow), differing conditions and on different shields. I got the impression he was serious about getting it right. As an engineering geek type, I appreciate that kind of approach.

(no affiliation with the product outside of early testing)

----------
Jim
2007 R1200RT Bairritz Blue - hexhead 1200
2000 R1200C Ice (Frost) Blue - oilhead 1200
1996 CBR600 Joe Camel Special - hooligan bike
1986 KZ650 Green - classic old school
IBA #35635
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7