BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#318142 - 04/09/08 08:21 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Lawman]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

How does it compare to Cat Crap?

Well CatCrap is for fogging and I think that Fogtech is better. But I make Fogtech

Raincoat does not stop fogging. It is designed for the outside of your visor or shield and causes raindrops to roll off.

Raincoat and Fogtech at www.motosolutions.com
#318143 - 04/09/08 08:21 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: keithb]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
www.motosolutions.com will get you there.

#318144 - 04/09/08 08:24 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

Sounds very interesting. How about a "Promotion Code", maybe free shipping or something for the first 100 of us that try it?

OK, I am glad you asked. How about a coupon good for 20% off if you order on my site by April 30th?

Just enter BMSSportTouring in the coupon code box and press continue. It will be up in 10 minutes.

OK coupon is up.

Last edited by themenz; 04/09/08 08:49 PM.

#318145 - 04/09/08 08:29 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: markgoodrich]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

So, Menz, one question your fog video didn't address: how often do I have to apply the stuff to my helmet visor? Looks like a great product.

Good question. Fuzzy answer>> It depends.

Depends on how aggressive you are at cleaning it and how much you ride in the rain and what type of shield. If you leave it alone you will get one to three weeks out of it with a decent amount of rain.

I put it on an acrylic airplane window that was left out in the open all winter. Rained maybe a dozen times. No snow..hey this is California. After 4 months Raincoat was still about 50% effective.

I would suggest that you apply every week or so if you clean your shield a lot or ride in heavy rains. Raincoat has not "built up" to any great extent that I have seen.

If you want to remove completely, gently use a V2 Sponge or a Mr. Clean Magic sponge.

#318146 - 04/09/08 08:36 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: EffBee]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

First, how about a name. Just fill in your bio (go to Home Page). It's always nice to know who you're talking to.

Second, congratulations on your product. Two questions as they relate to my experiences with Rain-X. Is it safe to use on the hard coating that Shoei, Arai and others use on their face shields. And with Rain-X I have had a sudden explosion of glare render me almost blind when the sun hits it at extreme angles. This is both on my bike and on my car's windshield. How does your product handle this?

Name is done, thanks for suggesting.

Raincoat is safe to use on the hardcoats. I tested by soaking an Arai and a Shoei in full strength Raincoat for 2 days. Shields looked the same, no delamination, no color changes and they weighed the same to 1/100th of a gram so nothing was absorbed and nothing was lost.

I have not seen any glare. Just make sure you buff briskly and completely turning the cloth often. Use a dry cotton towell or washcloth if you want to make buffing easy. Hold up to a light to see if anything is left. Shield should be glossy and no haze, sparkles or swirls even at night.

#318147 - 04/09/08 08:37 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: themenz]  
markgoodrich Offline
markgoodrich  Offline

Austin, TX
Quote:

Quote:

So, Menz, one question your fog video didn't address: how often do I have to apply the stuff to my helmet visor? Looks like a great product.

Depends on how aggressive you are at cleaning it and how much you ride in the rain and what type of shield. If you leave it alone you will get one to three weeks out of it with a decent amount of rain.

I put it on an acrylic airplane window that was left out in the open all winter. Rained maybe a dozen times. No snow..hey this is California. After 4 months Raincoat was still about 50% effective.

I would suggest that you apply every week or so if you clean your shield a lot or ride in heavy rains. Raincoat has not "built up" to any great extent that I have seen.

If you want to remove completely, gently use a V2 Sponge or a Mr. Clean Magic sponge.

Uh, I guess my question was a little foggy: I was asking how long the NoFog stuff lasts....

2016 R1200RT

#318148 - 04/09/08 08:38 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: DonD]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

If I were you, I'd contact the editor at www.webbikeworld.com and offer a trial with your this and your antifog product. They've tested a number of antifogging solutions and haven't been satisfied with anything yet.
E-mail editor@webbikeworld.com

Funny you bring that up. Just got off the phone with Rick. He said he received the product and is going to try to test in two weeks.

#318149 - 04/09/08 08:48 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: drzep]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

I use Rain-X on my Aeroflow windscreen and think it stinks - actually, it doesn't work at all even though they recommend it be used on their screens. Do you think that Raincoat would work better on that type of acrylic than the Rain-X does(n't)?

Well the makers of Rain-X are quite clear it is only for glass. And if you call their helpdesk, they will tell you not to use it on acrylic plastics found on some windshields. The alcohol can leech out the plasticizers. You might end up with a very hazy shield over time.

Rain-X did not seem to do much on my polycarbonate shields. Virtually all faceshields are polycarbonate.

Raincoat is designed for plastics acrylic, polycarbonate (Lexan) etc.

#318150 - 04/09/08 08:52 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: markgoodrich]  
themenz Offline
Newer Member
themenz  Offline
Newer Member

California, USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Uh, I guess my question was a little foggy: I was asking how long the NoFog stuff lasts....

You would think I would be used to foggy questions.

Fogtech lasts 3 to 5 days, but again, it depends. I have guys who get 15 days and others that are happy they get one day. Depends on humidity, how much heat/moisture you breathe or sweat, air flow, temperature and type of shield. YMMV as they say.

Last edited by themenz; 04/09/08 08:53 PM.

#318151 - 04/09/08 09:55 PM Re: Raincoat New Product Announcement.. [Re: themenz]  
drzep Offline
drzep  Offline

MA-CT
Thank you sir. I'll give it a try.

But just to clarify - it was at the urging of Aeroflow that I put Rain-ex on the screen. I saw those big, bold "not for plastic" warnings on the bottle and it made me feel a touch weak in the knees right before I dumped it on my $300 screen!

Joe
2013 R1200GSA 90th
2005 R1200RT
1996 R850R
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7