BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
#3921 - 11/08/02 12:35 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Agent86]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Did I mention free cigars to the first person with a whacky helmet design?

Good point about bringing the Missuses, Terry (thanks for the segue). Attention all members: BRING THE SPOUSES AND THE SO's! If they are generally non-ridin' folk, there's plenty of opportunity for them to EAT, SLEEP, SHOP, and REPEAT!!!

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3922 - 11/08/02 01:49 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
DavidEBSmith Offline
Eebie
DavidEBSmith  Offline
Eebie

Chicago, IL USA
The Iron Horse has some camping huts available, too - sounds like the KOA Kamping Kabins. Give them a call and check with Susan.

David E.B. Smith * Chicago IL * Chi-Town Crew
01, 03 smile 05 frown Iron Butt Rally
1999 R11RT Night Black * 1997 R11RT Sine(us) Blue * 1999 F650
www.davidebsmith.org
#3923 - 11/08/02 02:10 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Gleno]  
WURTY Offline
WURTY  Offline

Emmett , Idaho
I think I will meet Gleno in Vegas.
I assume we will feast on BBQ ribbs ala Gleno in the evening and then depart for shawnee Oklahoma in the morning. That would get us our 1000 mile day and make it easy pickins the next morning on our way to E S.
Of course if we can't make it that far I am sure there are rooms available in Amarillo.

WURTY
"The Butcher of Boulder"
Senior Member SCLJr Appreciation Society (S. Cary Littell Jr.)
#3924 - 11/08/02 02:14 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
AdventurePoser Offline
AdventurePoser  Offline

Newport OR
You guys (and gals) are sooo lucky...a snowball in *&^% has a better chance of surviving than I do of getting time off the first week of October!

Sob,
Steve

Check out my latest ride tales and culinary adventures here:
Rides, Roads, and Eats
#3925 - 11/08/02 02:22 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Agent86]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

Eureka Springs - I could spend two days and two months salary! Just window shopping was a delight. Some of the art glass...well, it will take your breath away.

This is the kind of place where...imagine this.....you and the SO ride 1-2-3 days to get to ES. Upon arrival The SO hops off the bike and says "SEE YA HONEY" and off you go to hoon the incredible S curve after S curve after S curve. In the meantime a bank account somewhere back home is drained.

ES is a great place to have a lovely breakfast with rich dark coffee...stroll...shop...a seafood salad for lunch with wine...or an enchilada with a margarita....shop...stroll....and get grabbed by your SO for dinner.

Or .... go horse back riding all day while your SO rides 90 some odd horses....and then meet up for dinner.

This is a great place for you both!

#3926 - 11/08/02 03:03 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
"and we'll see you all in Eureka Springs Texas in August.

Well, this is the secret location that Gleno and I will be at, but the rest of you should go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas in OCTOBER

IronPaperButt "

Well... If'n it ain't in Texas right now, It's one of our Or-fishal Territories and will be annexed into the Great State sooner r' later.

Yeeha! Stephen
Deep in the Heaaaaarrrrt of Texaaaas
"Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie!" Miss Vicki 2002
#3927 - 11/08/02 03:21 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
"When choosing a hotel in ES.....please consider the list Jake gave you. He made notes about which ones have nice parking."

In addition...

On my last Re-con patrol up there, some of the Motels Jake has on his list, I have marked as "Extra Nice". I actually looked into the rooms of these and was highly impressed.

AlpenDorf-older but nice.
Country Mountain Inn X-Nice
Razorback Inn X-Nice
Apple Blossom Inn XX-Nice... Non Smoking Inn
Motel 6 X-Nice... Best looking one I've ever seen
East Mountain Lodge X-Nice
Holiday Inn Express X-Nice
The Trails Inn X-Nice
Land-o-Nod XX-Nice
Alpine Lodge X-Nice
Pine Top Lodge X-Nice

Those few that say "Lodge" are really small Motels, so don't let that part fool ya'.

I've personally stayed in the Swiss Holiday Resort and the Howard Johnson. Both are nice and very friendly to Motorcyclists. The only warning I have from personal knowledge is that the Swiss Holiday Resort is very near the main drag intersection of 62 and 23, and I felt it kinda noisy if you were to be an early to bed kind of person. Quiets down later in the night, after 10 or 11.

Yeeha! Stephen
Deep in the Heaaaaarrrrt of Texaaaas
"Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie!" Miss Vicki 2002
#3928 - 11/08/02 03:25 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
G Floyd Offline
G Floyd  Offline

Crystal, Minnesota
Anybody have the inside scoop on the tent camping at the Iron Horse? Wondering how it compares to the KOA, like from the UnRally I ?

I sent an inquiry, and got a nice response from Susan.
She said they've never had a complaint from the campers, and they've got 15 sites, but have fit in a lot more.

Anyone else thinking about tent camping besides me?

Gary Peterson, IBA, BMWMOCM
'08 Titan Silver R1200GS
#3929 - 11/08/02 03:45 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mjames]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

For you camping folks - The set up at Iron Horse is nice.

They have numerous pits for fires -- ya know with the big tire rim as a perimeter.

They have numerous A frame huts. These are pictured at the web site. They are simply a wooden tent...small...sound...and you'd better hope Wurty doesn't mistake it for the outhouse!

There are numerous defined tent decks. These are generally sawdust base with a wooden perimeter. They are level.

There is a huge piece of flat land - incase a large group of you want to establish a tent city or incase a few of you want to establish a nudist colony.

There is a paved road (loose in places) that weaves down into the tent and A frame area. Either do that ...keep the bike parked at your tent door or leave it a short ways away on the paved parking lot. It is a safe place to park, whatever you choose. No gravel parking lots or roadways here. Nice.

The bath house is basic. You open the door and enter the little pre-shower stall, whip back the curtain to reveal WURTY!...nah...a nice clean shower.

The best part....there is a restaurant and a place to wrench. This is a special campground designed for riders. The restaurant has beer and wine.

#3930 - 11/08/02 03:57 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
JerryMather Offline
JerryMather  Offline

Sunny Southern, Calif., USA
They also say on the web site that they have a massage therapist! I requested one or two via e-mail for the three days, preferably a cute one.......

Aprilia Tuono
DUCATI 996 SPS
BMW K1200 RS
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  EffBee, Joe Frickin' Friday