Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#3901 - 11/07/02 03:06 AM It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
And the envelope says… it's Fall Into Eureka Springs!

The count is in, and by popular vote the dates for the UnRally II will be October 7-9, 2003. It is also my pleasure to inform you that the Un2 HQ/Gathering Place will be located at the Iron Horse Stables!

Iron Horse is located about 6 miles East of downtown ES on highway 62. There’s more of us then them, so the cabin-type rooms will be booked quickly. Be advised that the phone number is (479) 253-0440 – the number on their website does not reflect the updated area code. Also please note that as this is a rustic motorcycling-oriented place, they ain’t got no cable TV, and they ain’t got no phones!

We looked at several locations for hosting the Un2, and the Iron Horse Stables offered the best overall facility by far. Here’s what we looked for, and what they have for us:

Plenty of camping space
Cabin-type rooms available
Flat-level parking for the whole group
Covered gathering spots
Campfire pits
Restaurant
Motorcycle Shop (the wrenching kind)
Friendly Proprietors (State Rep. Phil Jackson and his lovely wife Jeannie)

And my favorite part.... (been keeping this one a secret from the planning group, heh, heh) their cook is the same chef who cooks for Bubba’s BBQ, and he’s all ours if we want him. Wooo-Hoooo-B-Q!

Being the vacation destination that Eureka Springs is, there are plenty of lodging accommodations on highway 62 leading to town, as well as downtown in the historical section where beautiful B&B’s rule. Below is a listing of hotel/motels closeby, with mileage measured from Iron Horse Stables toward downtown.

1.3m - Cherokee Mountain Lodge
1.8m – Blue Bird Motel (gravel sloped lot, but close)
2.6m – Alpen Dorf Motel (good flat parking, kids stay free)
3.6m – Kettle Campground (For KTM Doug’s Big Rig!)
3.6m – Country Mountain Inn (outdoor hot-tub)
4.0m – EXXON Station
4.0m – Super 8
4.0m – Howard Johnson Express
4.5m – Motel 6 (a really nice one!)
4.8m – Razorback Lodge (looks nice - quaint!)
4.9m – Rose Garden Inn
5.0m – Evening Shade Cottages B&B
5.2m – Apple Blossom Inn (looks nice!)
5.3m – East Mountain Lodge
5.4m - Holiday Inn Express
6.0m – Swiss Holiday Resort (motorcycle friendly, good parking)
6.2m – Comfort Inn
6.3m – Swiss Village Inn (motorcycle friendly, good parking)
6.8m – Best Western Eureka Inn (At turn-off to historic section of ES)

There’s way more! Hint: make initial reservations, then sit back while we compile more information for you. If you decide to take a different route than the big gang, you’ll have plenty of options. Most hotel/motel contact information can be found at EurekaSprings.org

LET’S MOTO!

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3902 - 11/07/02 03:33 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
EffBee Offline
Administrator
EffBee  Offline
Administrator

SoCal, USA
All booked, Jake. One room, two beds. $49/night. Such a deal I got! Bring on The Springs! Bluehairs beware. BMWRT.com is comin' to town. Fun at the Un. Dang! Can't wait!

Cary, Gleno, Rodger, Paul,
Godspeed, my brothers.
We will never forget you.

Teach your children about taxes. Eat 40% of their ice cream cone.

Do you have a MotoReflective Reflective Kit (Link) for the rear of your BMW?
#3903 - 11/07/02 03:48 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: EffBee]  
JerryMather Offline
JerryMather  Offline

Sunny Southern, Calif., USA
Not all booked yet Fernando, but I bet it will be by tomorrow!

Aprilia Tuono
DUCATI 996 SPS
BMW K1200 RS
#3904 - 11/07/02 04:37 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Bill1100 Offline
Bill1100  Offline

Dallas, TX USA
Their fax machine is answering the phone!

2000 Amarena Red RT Dallas, TX
#3905 - 11/07/02 12:17 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
David_S Offline
David_S  Offline

Sullivan, Ohio USA
Just to clarify for my unclear mind the FUN officially starts on the 7th so most folks will want to arrive the afternoon of the 6th to relax and BS a bit?

2000 DR650
#3906 - 11/07/02 12:31 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: David_S]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

Arriving on Monday is nice. That way you wake up to the beginning of the Un-Rally on Tuesday morning.

I'm arriving early - I don't have far to go. Besides, I want to practice on those roads. From what I saw, it's lean, set up, lean, set up, lean, set up...and every 3-5 miles you get a straightaway.

Can you say WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO?!!

#3907 - 11/07/02 12:54 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Marty Hill Offline
The Energiser Bunny
Marty Hill  Offline
The Energiser Bunny

Atlanta, Ga.
See you there...................

Marty
49 states/32 countries/3 continents

700GS/white...old age moto

WWMHD...ride till you can't

Semper Paratus
#3908 - 11/07/02 02:15 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Gleno Offline
Runs With Scissors
Gleno  Offline
Runs With Scissors
Runs With Scissors

Boulder City , Nv.
in.

I'll be off like a jock strap at Neils house, on Fri. nite, and ride til I can't. It's a mere 1300 & change from Vegas, so I'll indeed book a SS 1K on the way. The extra early arrival time will allow for some sight seeing, like maybe a trip to DBs 'hood, to peep the Smokies. Love it.

Although I originally voted for the May meet, I really like these dates too. Some may think that weather concerns may be an issue, but I think that with some good route planning and some proper planning overall, everyone will have a great visit.

Now kids, Brother Jake has put more work into this already than he'll EVER let on, so let's show how much we appreciate his (and others) hard work, and turn out large. That's right. East, West, North, South!! This ain't too far for anyone to ride. So service your steed, tell the boss to kiss your @$$, and we'll see you all in Eureka Springs Texas in August. YEEEEEHAAAAAAA........Let's Party!!!!

I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce
#3909 - 11/07/02 02:30 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Gleno]  
PeterScottNJ Offline
PeterScottNJ  Offline

Georgia
I have the same thinking as you about knocking off an IBA or two, at any rate, I'll be arriving Sunday, leaving Friday. AND since I'm my own boss, I don't have any a** to kiss, just schedule around it.

I gotta line us some more clients, Mayhem, BMWMOA, UN2 - yee ha!

Peter - Georgia
"Always remember to play after every storm!" Mattie J. T. Stepanek
#3910 - 11/07/02 02:51 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs Offline
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs  Offline

Portland, OR
Mapquest says only 2135 miles...sounds good!

-Steve
'00 RT
#3911 - 11/07/02 03:54 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Gleno]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

and we'll see you all in Eureka Springs Texas in August.

Well, this is the secret location that Gleno and I will be at, but the rest of you should go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas in OCTOBER

#3912 - 11/07/02 03:57 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
David Offline
Proprietor Emeritus
David  Offline
Proprietor Emeritus

Nipper's Corner, TN
Good work, Chief. I can't wait. The memory of Gunnison is still very fresh in my mind. Riding out there with good friends Bill and Dave, even in the heat and rain. Finally climbing and climbing when we got to the mountains and it started to get cooler. Running into Limecreek, first, someone I hadn'dt met. And then John and Ruth for a quick pizza dinner. Then the three of us again making our first run at those awesome roads. Three RTs kicking up imaginary dust as we explored, anxious to get to the campground and meet new friends and greet old ones. Then standing around and talking, riding with Fernando, Cary, Howard, and others. Eating, laughing, giving Gleno a hard time from the podium. Meeting Ron B and Dakota Dave for breakfast, just by accident. Running into you and Tom and crew, and then slowly riding together as we made our way northeastward. Man, I wish Eureka Springs was next week.

I looked over that web site for Iron Horse Stables, and it looks like a perfect setting.

I'm going to need a fix--several fixes, actually--between now and then, though.

Author, Speaker, Advisor, Troublemaker

David C. Baker
#3913 - 11/07/02 03:57 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
David_S Offline
David_S  Offline

Sullivan, Ohio USA
I'm in at the Iron Horse. I got the "Swamp" room. Sounds interesting hu? I'll be there the 6th through the 9th. Hopefully I can keep the shiny side up until then so I don't miss out again like I did last year Look forward to seeing everyone there.

I know what you mean about needing a few fixes until then David. I figure Mayhem will be a good way to start off. I was able to put almost 11k miles on the KRS in three months. I can hardly wait for a whole summers worth of riding:)

Last edited by ex-hogwild; 11/07/02 04:08 PM.

2000 DR650
#3914 - 11/07/02 04:22 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Voodoo Offline
Administrator
Voodoo  Offline
Administrator

Boulder, CO, USA
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the road again... dum di dum di dum...

Let's see, just short of 1,000 miles to from NY to Nashville. With someplace to stay in Nashville (Anyone see DCB?) we could make that a nice stop over for the BB on the way to Eureka Springs...

David M
'96 RT "Gator"

"For any riding situation, the important inputs into the bike often take a back seat
to the ones generated by the rider�s own errors."
- K.C.
#3915 - 11/07/02 05:41 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
DavidEBSmith Offline
Eebie
DavidEBSmith  Offline
Eebie

Chicago, IL USA
Just got the last room at the Iron Horse Stables - the Master Suite with the Jacuzzi. (They said they were saving it for Jake, but too bad for you, my friend.)

Iron Horse is starting a waiting list for anybody interested in one of the motel rooms.

David E.B. Smith * Chicago IL * Chi-Town Crew
01, 03 smile 05 frown Iron Butt Rally
1999 R11RT Night Black * 1997 R11RT Sine(us) Blue * 1999 F650
www.davidebsmith.org
#3916 - 11/07/02 05:56 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: DavidEBSmith]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Doh!

They have a few of those little A-frames on the premises too. Not sure how cozy they are, but they're sure to keep hANNAbONE outta your beer stash!

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3917 - 11/07/02 08:57 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
Come on down to Eureka Springs and play on great roads and catch up with new and old friends. Let me see if I can entice those of you who still need some convincing. Get out your GPS, your paper map, sextant or whatever you use to navigate with, no comments mjames or Wurty. Searching out this list is something you should do when you can't get out, because of weather. Here's what you're looking for:

Arkansas Routes:

21 South
23 South
16 East/West
7 North/South
74 East/West
123 North/South
374 East/West
12 East/West
303 East/West
14 North/South
65 North/South

All of the above routes have a few twists and turns. These are a few of the routes you'll be on when you're in Arkansas. We will be using great roads in Southern Missouri also, but I'll share those with you in the deepest of the Winter. I invite those of you who have toured in Arkansas, Southern Missouri and Northeast Oklahoma to add your favorite routes as well.

So make your plans and come and enjoy the Ozarks. While the roads are great the catching up with people whose posts you've read can't be beat. BTW, it's 70 degrees and sunny today. Life is good when you ride the Ozarks.

Murrayg
I Ride to Experience Poetry
Vay Ya Con Dios
#3918 - 11/07/02 09:20 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Mjames Offline
Mjames  Offline

NYC/CT
Most hotel/motel contact information can be found at EurekaSprings.org

Yup. The rooms at the Iron Horse are gone so you might also want to check out the following two links for lodging and general local info.

www.virtualtourist.com/vt/b63d7/ and www.eurekaspringschamber.com/

Looks like I'll be at the Swiss Village -- per tip from Iron Horse -- so now you'll know where to find or avoid me.

I also blocked two other rooms at Swiss Village for some folks who are now out of the country. If anyone runs into a room problem, I'll release one of rooms now. Just let me know.

Looks like I'll be riding down from NYC area sometime Sunday to arrive sometime Monday. Welcome some company, cause I saw that Deliverance movie which gave a whole new meaning to the words, Southern Hospitatlity.

#3919 - 11/07/02 09:39 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mjames]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

When choosing a hotel in ES.....please consider the list Jake gave you. He made notes about which ones have nice parking.

Wherever you book, ask these questions:
Do you have paved parking?
Is it level?
Do you have off street parking?

There are a multitude of places to stay and most of them are really nice. It is hill country...so ask about the parking.

#3920 - 11/07/02 11:43 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Agent86 Offline
Speed Bump
Agent86  Offline
Speed Bump

Prescott, Arizona
OK gang, lets bring more women than the last unrally. I'm bringing the better half, but I'm not sharing. If enough woman show up, we might even entice Wurty to join us.

Terry aka Speedbump
2015 BMW Spyder RTL
2010 R1200 RT

00 R1100 RT (Sold)
03 K1200 LT (Sold)
(2) 07 R1200 GSA (Sold)
07 R1200 RTP (Sold)
13 R1200 GS (Sold)
#3921 - 11/08/02 12:35 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Agent86]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Did I mention free cigars to the first person with a whacky helmet design?

Good point about bringing the Missuses, Terry (thanks for the segue). Attention all members: BRING THE SPOUSES AND THE SO's! If they are generally non-ridin' folk, there's plenty of opportunity for them to EAT, SLEEP, SHOP, and REPEAT!!!

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3922 - 11/08/02 01:49 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
DavidEBSmith Offline
Eebie
DavidEBSmith  Offline
Eebie

Chicago, IL USA
The Iron Horse has some camping huts available, too - sounds like the KOA Kamping Kabins. Give them a call and check with Susan.

David E.B. Smith * Chicago IL * Chi-Town Crew
01, 03 smile 05 frown Iron Butt Rally
1999 R11RT Night Black * 1997 R11RT Sine(us) Blue * 1999 F650
www.davidebsmith.org
#3923 - 11/08/02 02:10 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Gleno]  
WURTY Offline
WURTY  Offline

Emmett , Idaho
I think I will meet Gleno in Vegas.
I assume we will feast on BBQ ribbs ala Gleno in the evening and then depart for shawnee Oklahoma in the morning. That would get us our 1000 mile day and make it easy pickins the next morning on our way to E S.
Of course if we can't make it that far I am sure there are rooms available in Amarillo.

WURTY
"The Butcher of Boulder"
Senior Member SCLJr Appreciation Society (S. Cary Littell Jr.)
#3924 - 11/08/02 02:14 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
AdventurePoser Offline
AdventurePoser  Offline

Newport OR
You guys (and gals) are sooo lucky...a snowball in *&^% has a better chance of surviving than I do of getting time off the first week of October!

Sob,
Steve

Check out my latest ride tales and culinary adventures here:
Rides, Roads, and Eats
#3925 - 11/08/02 02:22 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Agent86]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

Eureka Springs - I could spend two days and two months salary! Just window shopping was a delight. Some of the art glass...well, it will take your breath away.

This is the kind of place where...imagine this.....you and the SO ride 1-2-3 days to get to ES. Upon arrival The SO hops off the bike and says "SEE YA HONEY" and off you go to hoon the incredible S curve after S curve after S curve. In the meantime a bank account somewhere back home is drained.

ES is a great place to have a lovely breakfast with rich dark coffee...stroll...shop...a seafood salad for lunch with wine...or an enchilada with a margarita....shop...stroll....and get grabbed by your SO for dinner.

Or .... go horse back riding all day while your SO rides 90 some odd horses....and then meet up for dinner.

This is a great place for you both!

#3926 - 11/08/02 03:03 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
"and we'll see you all in Eureka Springs Texas in August.

Well, this is the secret location that Gleno and I will be at, but the rest of you should go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas in OCTOBER

IronPaperButt "

Well... If'n it ain't in Texas right now, It's one of our Or-fishal Territories and will be annexed into the Great State sooner r' later.

Yeeha! Stephen
Deep in the Heaaaaarrrrt of Texaaaas
"Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie!" Miss Vicki 2002
#3927 - 11/08/02 03:21 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
"When choosing a hotel in ES.....please consider the list Jake gave you. He made notes about which ones have nice parking."

In addition...

On my last Re-con patrol up there, some of the Motels Jake has on his list, I have marked as "Extra Nice". I actually looked into the rooms of these and was highly impressed.

AlpenDorf-older but nice.
Country Mountain Inn X-Nice
Razorback Inn X-Nice
Apple Blossom Inn XX-Nice... Non Smoking Inn
Motel 6 X-Nice... Best looking one I've ever seen
East Mountain Lodge X-Nice
Holiday Inn Express X-Nice
The Trails Inn X-Nice
Land-o-Nod XX-Nice
Alpine Lodge X-Nice
Pine Top Lodge X-Nice

Those few that say "Lodge" are really small Motels, so don't let that part fool ya'.

I've personally stayed in the Swiss Holiday Resort and the Howard Johnson. Both are nice and very friendly to Motorcyclists. The only warning I have from personal knowledge is that the Swiss Holiday Resort is very near the main drag intersection of 62 and 23, and I felt it kinda noisy if you were to be an early to bed kind of person. Quiets down later in the night, after 10 or 11.

Yeeha! Stephen
#3928 - 11/08/02 03:25 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
G Floyd Offline
G Floyd  Offline

Crystal, Minnesota
Anybody have the inside scoop on the tent camping at the Iron Horse? Wondering how it compares to the KOA, like from the UnRally I ?

I sent an inquiry, and got a nice response from Susan.
She said they've never had a complaint from the campers, and they've got 15 sites, but have fit in a lot more.

Anyone else thinking about tent camping besides me?

Gary Peterson, IBA, BMWMOCM
'08 Titan Silver R1200GS
#3929 - 11/08/02 03:45 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mjames]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

For you camping folks - The set up at Iron Horse is nice.

They have numerous pits for fires -- ya know with the big tire rim as a perimeter.

They have numerous A frame huts. These are pictured at the web site. They are simply a wooden tent...small...sound...and you'd better hope Wurty doesn't mistake it for the outhouse!

There are numerous defined tent decks. These are generally sawdust base with a wooden perimeter. They are level.

There is a huge piece of flat land - incase a large group of you want to establish a tent city or incase a few of you want to establish a nudist colony.

There is a paved road (loose in places) that weaves down into the tent and A frame area. Either do that ...keep the bike parked at your tent door or leave it a short ways away on the paved parking lot. It is a safe place to park, whatever you choose. No gravel parking lots or roadways here. Nice.

The bath house is basic. You open the door and enter the little pre-shower stall, whip back the curtain to reveal WURTY!...nah...a nice clean shower.

The best part....there is a restaurant and a place to wrench. This is a special campground designed for riders. The restaurant has beer and wine.

#3930 - 11/08/02 03:57 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
JerryMather Offline
JerryMather  Offline

Sunny Southern, Calif., USA
They also say on the web site that they have a massage therapist! I requested one or two via e-mail for the three days, preferably a cute one.......

Aprilia Tuono
DUCATI 996 SPS
BMW K1200 RS
#3931 - 11/08/02 01:52 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
bigfoot Offline
bigfoot  Offline

Lake Charles, LA, USA
I'm hoping Connie and I can make it. The first part of October is always really busy for me. Although I do own my own business, I do have to take care of it. But, we are making reservations, and do plan to be there!!! Looking forward to riding with ya'll again.

dean & connie

Dean Henagan
#3932 - 11/08/02 04:46 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: bigfoot]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
If you would stop visiting this website you could get your work done and be here. Dean if you and Connie don't come I'm going to be disappointed. You could ruin a guy's great week of riding that way. Ok enough whinning, get your butt up here Mr. Bigfoot! and don't leave home without Little Cool Foot! We hope to see you both.

Murrayg
Vay Ya Con Dios
#3933 - 11/08/02 05:10 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: murrayg]  
Agent_Orange Offline
Agent_Orange  Offline

Montverde, Fla. right next to ...
I'm in. Arriving Monday. Looking forward to meeting ya'll in person. Got one of those smoke free rooms at the AB inn. Just talked to a buddy in Kansas and we're gonna go to Nova Scotia, then Newfoundland in early July. And from there to the MOA rally.

MSF RiderCoach
FRTP RiderCoach
BMW RA
BMW MOA
Life member 101 Abn Assn.
#3934 - 11/08/02 06:18 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Agent_Orange]  
Dakota Dave Offline
Dakota Dave  Offline

Sioux Falls, SD, USA
Check out the Video,
http://www.ironhorsestables.com/ihs_promo.rm

The worst part of this date is that we have to wait almost a whole year to go. That is almost to long.

Dakota Dave 97 Sinus Blue RT(Sold) 03 Silver GS Adventure a.k.a "The BEAST"
#3935 - 11/08/02 07:32 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
I'm in at the Alpen Dorf Motel from Oct. 4th-10th. They offered $65 per night for Friday and Saturday and $45 per night Sunday through Thursday, plus a 5% discount with a stay of four days or more. Man, is this going to be a long winter. See you hoons later.

Last edited by murrayg; 11/08/02 07:35 PM.

Murrayg
Vay Ya Con Dios
#3936 - 11/09/02 03:25 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: DavidEBSmith]  
Ralph Offline
Ralph  Offline

Central Oklahoma
Looks like all that is left at the srtabels is the camping. Sooooo, I guess I'll camp. I know my OL will not like that too much,but what the heck. Can't wait to meet all you BMW folks. I hope you're not as wild as my HD friends. I'm getting to old & mello for that..... Ralph

#3937 - 11/09/02 03:30 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Ralph]  
Ralph Offline
Ralph  Offline

Central Oklahoma
Any one comming through Oklahoma City area??? Texans,or New Yorkers? LOL

#3938 - 11/09/02 10:15 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Ralph]  
PeterScottNJ Offline
PeterScottNJ  Offline

Georgia
Haven't met many of these folks, but I think "RT Wild" is a bit different than "HD Wild". Off the bikes I suspect this is a fun, but minorly-sane group. It's on the bikes that the "Wild gene" can come out.

Peter - Georgia
#3939 - 11/09/02 03:19 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Paul Mihalka Offline
Old Fart
Paul Mihalka  Offline
Old Fart

Sykesville, MD
It's wonderful! Sounds and looks like a great Motorcycle area. I have not been there before, which is good. October is great weather-wise, from where I come from. The hotel industry in ES seems to love motorcycles. I looked at some hotel websites, and most of them have a bike among the parked vehicles.
Jake and company, thanks for the work you have done and the hard work ahead of you!
IT'S TERRIBLE! IT'S TEN MONTH AWAY!

Age is a issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter... (Mark Twain)
Many years and 1 million (s)miles.

'05 R1200GS lotsa miles (sold)
'09 Yamaha Majesty - yes, a scooter
#3940 - 11/09/02 09:53 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Kathy R]  
Brian Mc Offline
Brian Mc  Offline

Dallas, Texas
"ES is a great place to have a lovely breakfast..."

Kathy, we like a big pile of biscuits 'n gravy, some sloppy scrambled eggs, some pancakes and sausage and some burnt bacon. Don't fergit the cheese grits. There's nothing "lovely" about that! These folks don't know what scones and croissants are. But there are places to get it, right there on the main drag, for about $6. Y'all are gonna love this place.

Open invite to all offical Pie-Towners to shack up at McGauley Acres in Dallas on the way. ES is about 420 from here. Make reservations early, limited space available.

Brian McGauley '96 RT "Frau Blucher 2"; '80 CB650; Charter Member, Pie-Town Crew; Gunnison '02, Charleston '03, Iron Butt SS1K www.lonestarbmwriders.org
#3941 - 11/09/02 10:43 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Brian Mc]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
"Open invite to all offical Pie-Towners to shack up at McGauley Acres in Dallas on the way"

What kind of Breakfast do they serve?

Yeeha! Stephen
#3942 - 11/09/02 11:06 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Yeeha! Stephen]  
Brian Mc Offline
Brian Mc  Offline

Dallas, Texas
What kind of Breakfast do they serve?

Stephen, I got your breakfast right here....

Brian McGauley '96 RT "Frau Blucher 2"; '80 CB650; Charter Member, Pie-Town Crew; Gunnison '02, Charleston '03, Iron Butt SS1K www.lonestarbmwriders.org
#3943 - 11/11/02 12:15 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Agent_Orange]  
KC_K1200RS Offline
Newer Member
KC_K1200RS  Offline
Newer Member

KC MO
See you in Eureka Springs.

#3944 - 11/11/02 02:50 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: KC_K1200RS]  
Agent_Orange Offline
Agent_Orange  Offline

Montverde, Fla. right next to ...
You betcha! I sent you a e-mail ref accomidations.

MSF RiderCoach
FRTP RiderCoach
BMW RA
BMW MOA
Life member 101 Abn Assn.
#3945 - 11/11/02 06:32 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
hANNAbONE Offline
hANNAbONE  Offline

Versailles, Indiana
jAKE sAID..."They have a few of those little A-frames on the premises too. Not sure how cozy they are, but they're sure to keep hANNAbONE outta your beer stash!..."

i rESEMBLE tHAT sTATEMENT...

by the way hANNAbONE's IN...and maybe even mOOOSE...!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

h A N N A b O N E
.F.O.G.Member & Friend of Signman & Paul Mihalka

2012 Black Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere'
Versailles, Windy-Anna
#3946 - 11/11/02 09:56 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: hANNAbONE]  
randy Offline
randy  Offline

Atlanta, Ga, USA
I can not believe I will miss the un-rally two years in a row. Who i s the computer geek, who programmed the count to not allow me to stuff the ballot box. I tried everything but no go only 1 vote per person. I thought about creating 500 "new members" but knew someone would figure that out, especially when all 500 voted for May. Everyone have some fun for me. The area sounds so nice I may just go outself in May by my self. I am so jealous !!!!!

Atlanta, Ga
2007 Tuono Factory (red) For Sale
2009 BMW 450x Dual sport
2006 SV1000 Randy's track bike
2006 KLX 250x (For sell)
#3947 - 11/11/02 10:12 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: randy]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Stay close, Randy -

You can bet that the Smokies aren't escaping the wrath of our tire treads this Spring/Summer. That should be right up your alley.

bONE -
Great to hear about the mOOSE! I hope you are going to lead the caravan to Falling Leaf once we're done flattening the hills in Arkansas. wOO-hOOO!

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3948 - 11/11/02 11:19 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: randy]  
PeterScottNJ Offline
PeterScottNJ  Offline

Georgia
So come to Mayhem! All the really nice East coast people will be there

Peter - Georgia
#3949 - 11/12/02 04:35 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
RevKiecker Offline
Newer Member
RevKiecker  Offline
Newer Member

Minneapolis and Chicago
BRING THE SPOUSES AND THE SO's!

Jake I like the way you think! I hate to have to choose between them.

#3950 - 11/12/02 02:52 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: randy]  
Lone_RT_rider Offline
Lone_RT_rider  Offline

Germantown, WI
Randy,

Don't feel to bad. After I had already voted for May I realized that neither it nor the accepted date of October can work for us because of the kids being in school that week. So unless the Un3 is actually held in the summer time I may not get a chance to come to one of these things until the kids go off to college. At that rate I have another 10 years at least.

Oh, and if your wondering why I cant just come by myself? You try telling your SO who has a wonderful R1100R in the garage that you are headed off for a week of riding and that she can't come because she has to stay home and watch the kids. I think I would rather play Russion roulette first.

Shawn

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious stuff...
#3951 - 11/12/02 08:00 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Yeeha! Stephen]  
tgray Offline
Newer Member
tgray  Offline
Newer Member

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Not sure if the wife and I are going, but if so maybe we can get together for the ride up.

#3952 - 11/12/02 11:06 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Lone_RT_rider]  
Shelly Offline
Braveheart
Shelly  Offline
Braveheart
Braveheart

Well, Sean and I are in the same boat as lone RT rider. May and October just don't work to well with the kidos school. I figure in about 18 years we can run around the country just like Leslie and Jamie!

Shelly Daly
#3953 - 11/13/02 01:21 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
gabe g Offline
gabe g  Offline

melrose prk il.
plan on going,
doh i tink i gunna hav
alot of splaining to do
wish me luk
gabe

ggg sr blue 04rt grn 99rt 61k sold 75 r90/6 for sale
#3954 - 11/14/02 04:51 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Shelly]  
bigfoot Offline
bigfoot  Offline

Lake Charles, LA, USA
Well, I did make the reservations for Connie and I to attend, but the timing is not good at all for us. I'm usually really busy at work in early October, not to mention the kids being in school. But we are going to try to make it. When I told Connie that Sean and Shelly were not going to be able to make it, she was really bummed.

Dean Henagan
#3955 - 11/15/02 09:29 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Spikes_Wife Offline
You Go Girl!
Spikes_Wife  Offline
You Go Girl!

Mount Airy, MD
Spike and I were going to be heading down to Garland (near Dallas), TX next October to visit my family. Since this is sorta "on the way" we're going to try to find a way to squeeze it into the schedule, but we wont' have as much vacation time next year as we did this year (for the honeymoon). We'll see.

--patti

#3956 - 11/16/02 03:17 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Spikes_Wife]  
BMWGreenRT Offline
BMWGreenRT  Offline

Asheville, NC - - -Ex - NJ
You guys better be there...looking forward to seeing you again

Jim M.
"Battalion Chief, retired"
IBA
BMW-200K-Award

"Into the Twin Towers of Death ran the 343 Firefighters"
"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
#3957 - 11/17/02 08:54 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
decorbin Offline
decorbin  Offline

Bonita Springs, FL, SC mountai...
This is great.... about 35 minutes from where we spend our summers. You guys and gals are gonna love these roads. If you don't stay at the Ironhorse, Eureka Springs has about everything else you can think of, and should not be crowded this time of year. There are some really great B&B's, and all manner of places to eat. We will probably stay at home and ride over for all the festivities.

Looking forward to it already.

14 S1000R
13 R1200R
N0DC
Landrum, SC
Bonita Springs, FL
#3958 - 01/02/03 07:12 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: decorbin]  
ericfoerster Offline
ericfoerster  Offline

Jersey Village, Texas
In........reservations made this morning at the Holiday Inn Express. They say only a few rooms left
Hooning in Ozarks What a Gas !

Torrey IV-VI-VII-VIII-IX-XIII-XIV/Austin TD 03 /DVD 04/Hill Country I-II-III-IV-VI
El Paseo Fall 05
#3959 - 01/06/03 02:27 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: DavidEBSmith]  
SteveM Offline
Newer Member
SteveM  Offline
Newer Member

Talladega, Ala USA
Made reservations at the Swiss village Inn for Oct 6-9. Also bringing the SO. I am looking forward to placing faces with usernames. By the way, the clerk at the Swiss Inn says he gives a 10% discount for guest on bikes...

Steve Lincoln, Alabama 2002 R1150RT Aqua Mint
#3960 - 01/21/03 10:58 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Amain Offline
Just Joined
Amain  Offline
Just Joined

StraightRoads, Iowa
Looks like I'll be chaparoning hANNAbONE and Sir Rodney down to the Springs then on to Potosi. It's a dirty job, but they're used to fixating on my taillight. Let the Motolight parade begin!

Amain I cried because I had no Aerostich, until I met a man who had a motorcycle with less than 140HP.
#3961 - 02/04/03 07:52 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Amain]  
chaad Offline
chaad  Offline

WI/IL/MN/Other as required
Last year we got 7 inches of snow on Oct. 6, but I'll be down there if I have to Harley it (take in back of truck)!

Saw a scary book the other day: U.S. Citizenship for Dummies.
#3962 - 04/04/03 03:47 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
catattoo Offline
catattoo  Offline

Fairborn,OH 45324
I'm in! Anne and I have decided to skip the RA rally and come to Arkansas. Booked a room at the Motel 6. Like everyone else I can't wait See you all in October!

Chris Long
Y2KRT OH
Black (Francis)

#3963 - 04/04/03 04:26 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: catattoo]  
John Ranalletta Offline
John Ranalletta  Offline

Chris...glad to hear we'll see you again. I just made reservations at the "6" as well.

I was in Switzerland recently and I didn't see one person with a knife!
#3964 - 04/04/03 05:46 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: catattoo]  
Kathy R Offline
PaperButt
Kathy R  Offline
PaperButt

I stayed at that Motel 6 last Oct and can tell you it's the nicest Motel 6 I've ever seen. Real nice. You'll love it. It's on the same side of town as the Iron Horse.

This is going to be so much fun!

#3965 - 04/08/03 06:08 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
ToxicAgain Offline
Problem Member
ToxicAgain  Offline
Problem Member
Problem Member

Bossier City, LA
Does anyone know if there are any rooms left? What would I reference when I call to make a reservation? UnRally?

TIA,

#3966 - 04/08/03 06:34 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: ToxicAgain]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Hi Sean -

I'm fairly certain that the rooms are all spoken for, but it's worth a call, and they'll put you on a waiting list if you'd like. The magic word is "That BMWRT Group".

That don't mean a thing, however. Eureka Springs is chocked full 'o hotels, and most of the attendees will be hotelling it. Iron Horse is just a gathering point. In the first post of this thread I listed several suitable accomodations, their distances from Iron Horse. There's a link in there for more info as well.

Hope to see you there!

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3967 - 04/08/03 07:50 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
ToxicAgain Offline
Problem Member
ToxicAgain  Offline
Problem Member
Problem Member

Bossier City, LA
Thanks Jake,

What's the usual arival, departure schedule for most? Arrive on 7th, ride around on the 8th, leave on the 9th?

#3968 - 04/08/03 08:07 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: ToxicAgain]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Actually, at the UnRally numero uno in Gunnison the general feeling was that it all ended too soon. So, we extended Un2 by a day. My best guess is most will ride in on the 6th, and head out on the morning of the 10th. Check out the Agenda thread to get a better read on the goings-on.

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3969 - 04/09/03 03:21 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: ToxicAgain]  
PeterScottNJ Offline
PeterScottNJ  Offline

Georgia
Actually, some of us are extending it a little more. I'm starting out Saturday and arriving Sunday. Going to plan an interesting route in. Not leaving until Friday.

Depending on how I feel, may attempt a bb1500 gold on the way back.

Peter - Georgia
#3970 - 04/10/03 01:53 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: PeterScottNJ]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
Quote:

Actually, some of us are extending it a little more... arriving Sunday... Not leaving until Friday.

Me too. Gonna do a little touristing while we're there. Arriving Sunday and out Saturday.

Yeeha! Stephen
#3971 - 04/11/03 12:35 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Yeeha! Stephen]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
"Looks like my boss is giving the ok for October. So I guess I need to get reservations in Eureka. I'll check the post on the unrally for places to stay...any of you have suggestions... Ty."

Anyone need suggestions?

Anywhere on "East" Van Buren/Hwy62 E is in the ballpark:

AlpenDorf 800 771 987 older but nice
Razorback Lodge 479 253 8952 X-Nice
Apple Blossom Inn 479 253 5552 XX-Nice... Non Smoking
Motel 6 479 253 5600 X-Nice... Best looking one I've ever seen
East Mountain Lodge 479 253 9521 X-Nice
Holiday Inn Express 800 986 9733 X-Nice
The Trails Inn 479 253 9390 X-Nice
Land-o-Nod 800 526 3263 XX-Nice
Alpine Lodge 479 253 7175 X-Nice
Pine Top Lodge 479 253 7331 X-Nice
Wagner Inn 800 235 7639 older but nice.
Carolyns Ozark Swiss Inn 800 833 8450 Nice
Best Western 479 253 9551
Super 8 479 253 5959
Comfort Inn 479 253 5241
Swiss Village Inn 479 253 9541
Howard Johnson 479 253 6665 Nice
Swiss Holiday Resort 888 582 2220 (Attachment)

I have a few more if you need.

Those few that say "Lodge" are really small Motels, so don't let that part fool ya'. Most are X-chain motels that have become "Mom n' Pop" places.

I've personally stayed in the Swiss Holiday Resort and the Howard Johnson. Both are nice and very friendly to Motorcyclists. The only warning I have from personal knowledge is that the Swiss Holiday Resort is very near the main drag intersection of 62 and 23, and I felt it kinda noisy if you were to be an early to bed kind of person. Quiets down later in the night, after 10 or 11.

Attached Files

Yeeha! Stephen
#3972 - 04/11/03 08:38 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Yeeha! Stephen]  
Paul Mihalka Offline
Old Fart
Paul Mihalka  Offline
Old Fart

Sykesville, MD
One motel I don't see on our lists is the Budget Host Inn, 2106 E. Van Buren.
It looks nice on it's website, and very reasonable (cheap).
I reserved there.
www.eureka-net.com/budgethost 800-283-4678

Last edited by Paul Mihalka; 04/11/03 08:48 AM.

Age is a issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter... (Mark Twain)
Many years and 1 million (s)miles.

'05 R1200GS lotsa miles (sold)
'09 Yamaha Majesty - yes, a scooter
#3973 - 05/21/03 05:15 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
TonyM315 Offline
TonyM315  Offline

San Diego, CA

As luck would have it, a room freed up at the Iron Horse Stables... so...

Myself and Kim are booked for October 6,7,8,9!

See y'all there... really looking forward to it.

Tony
San Diego, CA
'06 R1200GS
#3974 - 05/21/03 09:20 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: TonyM315]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Suhweeet! Can't wait to see everyone there (ya gotta leave the Jetta at home this time, ok Tony?!!! )

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3975 - 05/22/03 03:08 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
TonyM315 Offline
TonyM315  Offline

San Diego, CA
Jake-

No doubt my back WILL be a hundred percent by October - so the Jetta will be staying at home...

Get a load of this...

I get home from work today - and there's a message from Janey Jackson at the Iron Horse. She felt terrible because she had made a mistake. Turned out there were NO more rooms available

So... I'm on a waiting list at the Ironhorse... but just in case, we're now booked down the road at the Wagner Inn. Paved flat parking... ground level room... decent rate... Janey said it was a decent place.

Can't wait to see everyone in October!

Tony
San Diego, CA
'06 R1200GS
#3976 - 05/22/03 10:53 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: TonyM315]  
David_S Offline
David_S  Offline

Sullivan, Ohio USA
Tony, looking forward to meeting you in person finally. I'm sure there will be some cancellations at the Iron Horse as the time draws nearer.

2000 DR650
#3977 - 06/30/03 12:45 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Fast Eddy Offline
Fast Eddy  Offline

Mass USA
What state is Eureka Springs in?

R1200 RT
The brave might not live forever but the timid don't live at all.
#3978 - 06/30/03 01:01 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Fast Eddy]  
David Offline
Proprietor Emeritus
David  Offline
Proprietor Emeritus

Nipper's Corner, TN
Quote:

What state is Eureka Springs in?

NW corner of Arkansas, in the Ozarks.

Author, Speaker, Advisor, Troublemaker

David C. Baker
#3979 - 07/05/03 06:57 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: David]  
tgregg Offline
tgregg  Offline

St George Utah
OK, I'm in!! I just booked Wagner Inn Oct 6 to 10th. Sounds like a nice spot $34. per night.

Gregg Turk
AMA LIFE MEMBER
2008 XT 250 Yamaha
1999 R1100RT BMW
St George, UTAH
#3980 - 07/06/03 03:31 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Yeeha! Stephen]  
kld41 Offline
kld41  Offline

Friendswood,Tx USA
Whose staying in the x-nice ones so I can book up to one of these?? Anybody from Houston here on the way up?

2005 R1200 GS 2003 K1200 GT Friendswood, Texas
#3981 - 07/06/03 12:36 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: kld41]  
Dex Offline
Dex  Offline

Houston, TX
I'm planning on going...and perhaps one or two others. Care to join us? Should be a nice ride and I think we can avoid the slab if you would like.

I'm over in League City.

#3982 - 07/07/03 03:29 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Dex]  
kld41 Offline
kld41  Offline

Friendswood,Tx USA
Yes, lets discuss because I may have more "detours" along the way - maybe I can do on return.

Thanks

2005 R1200 GS 2003 K1200 GT Friendswood, Texas
#3983 - 07/07/03 07:19 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: kld41]  
rhadd1 Offline
rhadd1  Offline

Plano Texas USA
I am finally IN. Family is going up to Branson from Oct 4-Oct 11 staying at a time share. I will get to travel back and forth between Eureka Springs and Branson every day.

Bob Hadd
Plano (Dallas), TX
2002 BLACK R1150RT

UN II Eureka Springs UN IV Staunton
Texas Hill Country
#3984 - 07/15/03 04:44 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: rhadd1]  
joe Offline
Newer Member
joe  Offline
Newer Member

Rogers, Arkansas, USA
Hey if you can't make it in August, the IBMWR (Internet BMW Riders) are going to meet in Eureka Springs Sept. 26, 27 & 28.
It is an informal group of BMW riders (about 15 riders or more) from around the country that meet to ride, eat and fellowship. (BYOB or not) Just come and ride with us.

For more information e-mail me.

Ride often --- Ride safe, Joe Skaggs IBMWR Arkansas Plateholder 1996 R1100RT Glacier Green
#3985 - 07/15/03 04:56 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: rhadd1]  
joe Offline
Newer Member
joe  Offline
Newer Member

Rogers, Arkansas, USA
My e-mail is joe@skaggs.com

See my last post.

joe

Ride often --- Ride safe, Joe Skaggs IBMWR Arkansas Plateholder 1996 R1100RT Glacier Green
#3986 - 07/15/03 11:14 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: joe]  
tgregg Offline
tgregg  Offline

St George Utah
I thought I add a tag line on the Unralley thread for Left Coast folks. Many of us are spending Friday and Saturday in Torrey Utah on the way.
My plan is to then rip it to Wichita, KS spend the night and be at the unralley noon on the 6th.
It looks like a straight blast on I-70 (good road for a slab!!)

Gregg Turk
AMA LIFE MEMBER
2008 XT 250 Yamaha
1999 R1100RT BMW
St George, UTAH
#3987 - 07/16/03 11:56 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Jim Catlett Offline
Jim Catlett  Offline

Gladstone, MO 64118 USA
You guys better get ready. I started physical therapy Monday and I am getting really fast in a walker. This is going to be scary since I have never loaded an SUV completely full of beer like my RT. See you guys there. I'll be in the tan blazer with the axles dragging the ground.

Jim Catlett Gladstone, Missouri (Suburb of North Kansas City) My X would say - Nothing bad - She's still on the Payroll
#3988 - 07/16/03 06:39 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jim Catlett]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
That's what I call a properly laden vehicle! Good to see the recovery is rolling along Jim. I prescribe plenty of those 12 oz. curls! (glad to help, too!)

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3989 - 08/07/03 03:42 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: G Floyd]  
John_Bennett Offline
John_Bennett  Offline

Lufkin, Texas
Quote:

Anyone else thinking about tent camping besides me?

I intend to tent camp at the Iron Horse Stables.

I'll leave the Lufkin/Nacogdoches area the morning of Monday the 6th and travel there via Texarkana. I'm undecided as to how I will traverse Arkansas from Texarkana to Eureka Springs.

It's about 500 miles from my house.

#3990 - 08/07/03 08:50 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: John_Bennett]  
questrider Offline
questrider  Offline

Northern Illinois
I am so tempted to try and get myself to this festive gathering. It's about 10 hours from where I am outside of Chicago and being a "newbie" I've been working my way up to 3-4 hour rides lately having put almost 2,000 miles on my bike in the couple of months of owning my RT. So by October I could probably do it in two days of 5 hour road time with very relaxed riding of 2-3 hours separating gas and food breaks.

However, being this late in the game, I'd have to get a hotel away from Iron Stables being as though I just discovered this rally (sorry, UN-rally). And never having been to a rally I guess I'm just riding down to meet all of you having no idea what goes on or what I'll do (somehow I think I'll figure it out). So forgive me if I sound stoopid, but what goes on at a rally (or particularly at this un-rally) and what will I do for three days?! And staying at a hotel away from Iron Stables, what exactly will be "the thing to do" when I get there. I mean, I guess I'd just park my bike and walk around trying to find all of you!? Hahahaha...

Amazing that I don't know what I'm getting into but being drawn to it so deeply! The only thing I would definitely want to have by then is an AeroStitch Roadcrafter suit for the trip! Perhaps seeing as though I'm discovering this "sport" so late in the game this summer and I'm still too green at all of this, I should wait until next year to engulf myself in this insanity!

HA!

#3991 - 08/07/03 10:25 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: questrider]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
Quote:

I am so tempted to try and get myself to this festive gathering. It's about 10 hours from where I am outside of Chicago and being a "newbie" I've been working my way up to 3-4 hour rides lately having put almost 2,000 miles on my bike in the couple of months of owning my RT. So by October I could probably do it in two days of 5 hour road time with very relaxed riding of 2-3 hours separating gas and food breaks.

However, being this late in the game, I'd have to get a hotel away from Iron Stables being as though I just discovered this rally (sorry, UN-rally). And never having been to a rally I guess I'm just riding down to meet all of you having no idea what goes on or what I'll do (somehow I think I'll figure it out). So forgive me if I sound stoopid, but what goes on at a rally (or particularly at this un-rally) and what will I do for three days?! And staying at a hotel away from Iron Stables, what exactly will be "the thing to do" when I get there. I mean, I guess I'd just park my bike and walk around trying to find all of you!? Hahahaha...

Amazing that I don't know what I'm getting into but being drawn to it so deeply! The only thing I would definitely want to have by then is an AeroStitch Roadcrafter suit for the trip! Perhaps seeing as though I'm discovering this "sport" so late in the game this summer and I'm still too green at all of this, I should wait until next year to engulf myself in this insanity!

HA!

Magnuson,
Come on down. Last year the Un was in Gunnison, Colorado 1,100 miles from my home and it was my first mc trip longer than 500 miles total round trip. If I can do it anybody can. As a matter of fact you could make it in one day and not be the worst for wear. However, if you feel better breaking it up into two days, it's your ride do it the way you like it.

Once in Eureka, you'll ride your bike from your hotel to the Iron Horse and hang with us crazys. You'll get to put faces, and real names with posts, and ride some great roads with not so new friends. You'll eat more than you should, and build some fabulous memories that you can play back when a rocking chair is all you can ride. Of course it's up to you, but if you've got the time and the coin, I'd say come play this year. Who knows about next year?

Btw, I did Bentonville, Ar. to Gary, Indiana, in approximately 12 hours in one day, once again if I can do it anybody can. Hope to meet you at UN2. If not we'll talk about you real bad.

Murrayg
Vay Ya Con Dios
#3992 - 08/08/03 02:20 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: questrider]  
Jake Offline
Madcap
Jake  Offline
Madcap

South Florida
Amazing that I don't know what I'm getting into but being drawn to it so deeply!

Magnuson -

What a great post! I hope there are many, many members out there that have similar thoughts on their minds. What to expect? Closely followed with "I think I want to go!"

An UnRally is not unlike a big Thanksgiving dinner without the In-Laws! The genesis of "Un" is our desire to keep the focus of the gathering on people first, and riding a very close second. We have no interest in doing things like selling pins, or lining up vendors as they'd be very lonely since we'll all be out riding! An UnRally is a gathering spot for like-minded people who love to ride (fast and slow), who love to meet and put faces to names, who love to swill and tell lies at the end of the day, who will get up early and do it again the next day. We'll have an agenda, but it's rather agenda-less. People will be staying at the Iron Horse for sure, but most will be staying at nearby hotels. The Iron Horse will largely serve as a staging point for members to meet, and plan their day with whomever they choose. You could find yourself hooking up with a large group of riders who, just 5 minutes before, decided to take a 4 hour spin to Branson, or more appropriate to this group, they'll want to go somewhere like "West!" You might also find yourself hanging back at the Iron Horse with the stragglers (guilty) and heading out on your own, or with a couple of riders looking to take the long way to lunch somewhere. It's a DIY kind-of-a-thing, with caring and sharing people to do it with.

In short, it's us, for three days, as we pick up the keys and put down the mouse, putting on the hugs and Spreading the Love.

Stay tuned, I'm working with the UnRally Technology Department (Brant Herbert) to provide more information to all through the UnWebsite, soon to follow.

'76 R90/6
'04 ST4S
#3993 - 08/08/03 03:52 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: questrider]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
Quote:

being a "newbie"... I guess I'm just riding down to meet all of you having no idea what goes on or what I'll do... if I sound stoopid... what goes on at a rally... what will I do for three days?... what exactly will be "the thing to do" when I get there... discovering this "sport" so late in the game... I'm still too green at all of this... I should wait until next year...

Yeow!

That sounds almost exactly what I posted last year. I too, was a little intimidated being a Newbie. Should I? Shouldn't I?

Got kinda queasy, like the first time you jumped off the "High Board" when you were a kid. But also like when you were a kid, It was a ton of fun, and when you jumped, you had to do it again and again.

Damn the Torpedoes! Man! Full Speed Ahead! Head down that way. And you'll get the hang of it as you go. You've got the desire, so you'll regret it if you pass this one up.

The folks here will make you welcome. You'll make many new friends. Lord knows why they took me in, but they did and I'm still here... alive and kickin'.

The thing that did it for me? I wanted to put the faces with the names, and most of all, the real personalities vs my imagined personalities. I hit a few right on... I missed a bunch.

Hotel vs Iron horse. There aren't going to be that many people staying at the Iron Horse anyway, unless they are camping. They don't have that many rooms/cabins.

Secondly, it's on the main drag through town and the main drag is thick with hotels. You won't be far from the action.

What to do? Visit with folks from all over the country. For me that was a big deal too. I haven't had much opportunity to get to know people from the ends of the country. Now I do!

Next, the roads! The area is a great place to get to know your bike. There are some really nice sweepers up there, and they don't feel quite as intimidating as a Rocky Mountain drop off feels.

Still not comfortable hangin' with the fast guys? Ride with Miss Vicki and me. We go kinda slow to medium and look at the scenery a lot.

Food! Latch on to someone that makes you feel comfortable and tag along to any of the many places to eat around ES. Eat and listen to life's wonderful diverse stories. I love to read the Ride Tales section of the board, but I really love hearing the stories straight from the horses mouth! I sat like bump on a log, many times, and just listened to folks "Tellin' Tall Tales of How It Used to Be".

Take lots of pictures! You'll not regret having them to flip out during the up-coming winter, and flashing back to the Characters and Adventures you witnessed on your own adventure to the Ozark Mountains.

I know how you feel. Kinda... Been There - Done That. If ya' know what I mean.

I also know how you'll feel after!

Don't say No. Come on down.

Yeeha! Stephen
#3994 - 08/08/03 04:09 AM Re: I'm so tempted [Re: questrider]  
Yeeha! Stephen Offline
Yeeha! Stephen  Offline

Bedford, Texas
Brian,

Maybe a personal invitation will help you make up your mind...

Check your PMs for one!

Yeeha! Stephen
#3995 - 08/08/03 05:17 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
MattS Offline
MattS  Offline

NY/NJ
I too am tempted, and suddenly have the time to go.

I went to Eureka Springs on a four-days-out, two-nights-there, four-days-back trip on my 97 KLT in May of 1998. My girlfriend (at the time) and I stayed successively in Elkins WV, Blowing Rock NC, (last train to) Clarksville TN and finally two nights in Eureka before riding back via Memphis TN, Blowing Rock (again) and Lynchburg VA.

A non-riding friend rode the dog (took the bus) down from the Twin Cities and spent the same two nights at the Springs.

Our ride included portions of the Blue Ridge/Skyline Drive, the Dragon (at night), and a wrong turn (?) into South Carolina. Eureka is a one-of-a-kind place, extremely and unexpectedly hilly -- overbuilt with turn-of-the-century Victorian buildings. 20 years of development was crammed into 2 years when the springs in the area were thought to be of great medicinal value ... this in the 1890s before the advent of Viagra, Lipitor, Wellbutrin, you get the idea. They call 'em "motor-sickles" down here, and the next county east on US 62 is a "dry county," which I found out to my general horror on the way in from the east.

I don't think I would clock a SS1000 on the way as my girlfriend's parents live near Charleston WV, and I'd probably lay over both ways -- less than 900 miles from Eureka and just over 500 from home.

Sounds like I would leave Sunday to arrive Tuesday, and leave Friday to arrive home again on Sunday. If anybody from the NYC area (and points west on the way) wants to make a trip out of it, let me know. I haven't made arrangements yet, but am now leaning that way.

#3996 - 08/08/03 06:18 PM Not everyone is at the Iron Horse..plenty of places to stay....... [Re: questrider]  
philbytx Offline
philbytx  Offline

Kerrville, TX
We are staying at the Wanderlust RV campground on Passion Play road (I think about 5 miles away).
Check out the town, lodgings, surrounding area etc at these sites....
Eureka Springs info (1)
Eureka Springs (2)
Maybe we will hitch up for a ride before then? We are at Shabbona over Labor Day weekend for 3 days.....!!

Phil C.
2003 R1150RT "DaRTh"
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Diesel "Smiffy"
2011 Kia Optima EX "Meosjin Chalo"
#3997 - 08/10/03 01:59 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: questrider]  
Brant Herbert Offline
Poll Peddler
Brant Herbert  Offline
Poll Peddler

Phoenix, AZ, USA
Quote:

...what goes on at a rally (or particularly at this un-rally) and what will I do for three days?!

Here's the report I posted last year re: The Gathering in Gunnison. Have a look. There's LOTS!

Brant Herbert
'09 R1200GSA - near Phoenix, AZ

#3998 - 08/15/03 01:58 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: questrider]  
PhillyFlash Offline
PhillyFlash  Offline

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Sorry, Mag, but I have to disgree with the group. Try your best not to come to the Un-Rally. This is a group you'd be better off not getting to know better. It will only lead you down the road to ruin. First off, you'll find that you can ride 10 hours in one day with no trouble at all. Then you'll think, "If I can ride 10 hours, maybe I can ride 15 hours in a day." You'll meet too many people that will make you think you've been best friends for years. "Oh", you say, "what's so bad about that?" Well let me tell you, now that you have all these new best friends, and you can ride 10-15 hours in a day, you start thinking, "Hmm, I could make it to Mayhem. I could make it to Paseo. Oh, meet David Baker for lunch in southern Illinois? That's only a couple of hours each way. Hey, maybe I could go to Torrey this year. It's only 2 days to get there. Or how about the MOA rally in Spokane. All my BMWST.COM buddies will be there. Better get a new saddle. Better get some new PIAAs." And before you know it, you're hooked! You ride 500 miles at the drop of a hat. The wife and kids can't remember what you look like. People know you wherever you go. You stop at a gas station somewhere in the country, walk up to someone riding an RT to say hello, and they say "Hey, I know you from the board. I'm Steves1150 out for a weekend ride from Southern California in search of the best tuna fish sandwich in Duluth," and there you are, off on another adventure. It's a nightmare, friends and family everywhere you go, brothers and sisters in every state. And then you get that phone call, "Hi, this is Marty Hill. I'm passing through. Got a couch I could crash on?" And all because you went to the Un-Rally.

Well, if I didn't convince you yet, then I guess it's already too late. You might as well suck it up and just go. Just as Russell Bynum learned when he went to his first Tech Daze at Glenos, not knowing a soul, and the rest of us have learned at countless formal and informal get-togethers, if you go to Eureka Springs, you're going to be stuck with some of the best people you're ever going to meet. It will be impossible to leave without at least one new good friend, and probably many more. The horror....the horror....

Howard
'07 Titan Silver RT

"Got a motorcycle and a bottle of gin,
Ima go downtown see what I can get in."
#3999 - 08/15/03 11:43 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: PhillyFlash]  
Marty Hill Offline
The Energiser Bunny
Marty Hill  Offline
The Energiser Bunny

Atlanta, Ga.
Howard is right. I was almost normal when I went to gunnison. It happened to me, now I ride all the time and hardly ever go home. It's terrible/wonderful.

By the way howard, got a couch for a night next week?

Marty
49 states/32 countries/3 continents

700GS/white...old age moto

WWMHD...ride till you can't

Semper Paratus
#4000 - 08/16/03 04:57 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: TonyM315]  
TonyM315 Offline
TonyM315  Offline

San Diego, CA

Well... my how life can change... guess I spoke too soon.

I recently started a new job which is a very good thing. Trouble is now (being that I'm new) I can't get the time off.

So... we cannot make it to Eureka Springs this Fall - or Torrey for that matter. Sadly, we're out.

Tony
San Diego, CA
'06 R1200GS
#4001 - 08/16/03 01:56 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
Mango Offline
Mango  Offline

Coral Gables, FL /Highlands, N...
I'm sitting here at work up to my *ss in alligators and all I can think of is the UN2. My schedule is set, and I'll be there! As a matter of fact, at work we rotate choosing weeks off every 6 months, I was 1st for this 6 month period and my first choice was of course that week in Oct.

Although I'm not new to LDRiding (many solo trips to TWO and North Georgia) this will be my first rally and I am totally excited. I cant wait to meet the people behind all the wonderful posts I've been soaking up for the last year. I'll post closer to the rally to find a group to ride with to the rally.

I want to thank the organizers for scheduling the rally mid-week.

Remember this is my first time-go easy on me. As my surfer son would say "I am STOKED!"

Robert Mangasarian
2002 Silver 1150RT

Robert Mangasarian
2002 R1150RT-sold
2016 R1200GSW
#4002 - 08/18/03 03:51 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mango]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
"Remember this is my first time-go easy on me." Robert Mangasarian

Forgetaboutit. Yous in for a hard time anyway you look at it. Reread Phillyflash's post this could ruin your life, youknow whatImean? Come hang with BMWST.com crew and you'll never be the same again. See ya, soon Mango Easy, right.

Murrayg
Vay Ya Con Dios
#4003 - 08/23/03 07:20 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mango]  
PhillyFlash Offline
PhillyFlash  Offline

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Quote:

I'm sitting here at work up to my *ss in alligators and all I can think of is the UN2. My schedule is set, and I'll be there! As a matter of fact, at work we rotate choosing weeks off every 6 months, I was 1st for this 6 month period and my first choice was of course that week in Oct.

Although I'm not new to LDRiding (many solo trips to TWO and North Georgia) this will be my first rally and I am totally excited. I cant wait to meet the people behind all the wonderful posts I've been soaking up for the last year. I'll post closer to the rally to find a group to ride with to the rally.

I want to thank the organizers for scheduling the rally mid-week.

Remember this is my first time-go easy on me. As my surfer son would say "I am STOKED!"

Robert Mangasarian
2002 Silver 1150RT

Just to keep you all well informed, this is NOT a RALLY. Anyone expecting to find the typical rally will be sorely disappointed. This is the one and only official Un-Rally, and we've tried hard to keep it from becoming a rally. "What's the difference?", you ask. Come and find out.

Howard
'07 Titan Silver RT

#4004 - 08/25/03 06:05 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: PhillyFlash]  
Mark Tuttle Offline
Mark Tuttle  Offline

Tucson, the other Arizona
Never been to a rally. I've made the reservations and I still won't have been to a rally. Oh Yeah

Mark T. My bike finally sold. When I picked up the check my wife said, "Oh good, now we can use that for the new sofa we bought." Cold woman.
#4005 - 08/27/03 08:20 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mark Tuttle]  
PhillyFlash Offline
PhillyFlash  Offline

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Quote:

Never been to a rally. I've made the reservations and I still won't have been to a rally. Oh Yeah

Now you're starting to understand.

Howard
'07 Titan Silver RT

#4006 - 08/27/03 08:25 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Mark Tuttle]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
Quote:

Be careful this UNthing is catching. It all started with the UNcola and now we have UN2. Happy Un to you. You'll have a blast.

Murrayg
Vay Ya Con Dios
#4007 - 08/30/03 08:38 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: Jake]  
George Brown Offline
George Brown  Offline

Newtown, PA , USA
Registered today on the offical UNRALLY website. Made reservations at the Alpen Dorf for Monday through Thursday nights. We be at the RA Rally in Birmingham prior to UN2. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Now that I have officially been layed-off, out-placed, retired, terminated or whatever I have some time to ride and to participate more on the board.

Judy and I spent a week in San Francisco earlier this month. Visited Cary and Kris two weeks ago today. Bought the customary T-Shirt and a set of Ohlins. BTW, Cary received them Thursday. Now before October, need to install them and get fresh tires.

I'm planning about a 4,000 mile trip to include both the RA Rally and UN2. I will complete one of my goals on this trip: visiting all 50 states. I saved MS, LA and AR for last.

RideSmart and Safe, George

'97 Amarena R1100RT - I Don't Need NO STINK'N GS
IBA, North GA RideSmart, UN-X,VIII,VI,IV (Dirt Rider),II Virgin (Alpen Dorf Survivor) plus Team Wurty(Charter Member)
#4008 - 09/01/03 05:19 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: George Brown]  
EffBee Offline
Administrator
EffBee  Offline
Administrator

SoCal, USA
I was the first to post under Jake's post at the top of this thread. However, it is with great sadness that I now must rescind. With the new job I took 10 months ago, I just don't have the vacation time yet to make the trip.

I've been on this board since close to its inception and there are sooooo many of you I haven't had the chance to meet, but really wanted to. I will be poorer for the loss.

Please all of you, have a great time, ride safe, hANNABONE please have the two beers I would have drunk all weekend, and Yeeha Stephen you can have my extra serving at dinner. I'll miss you all.

Cary, Gleno, Rodger, Paul,
Godspeed, my brothers.
We will never forget you.

Teach your children about taxes. Eat 40% of their ice cream cone.

Do you have a MotoReflective Reflective Kit (Link) for the rear of your BMW?
#4009 - 09/01/03 08:06 PM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: EffBee]  
George Brown Offline
George Brown  Offline

Newtown, PA , USA
Quote:

...However, it is with great sadness that I now must rescind....

Sorry you can't make it. I was really looking forward to seeing you again.

RideSmart and Safe, George

'97 Amarena R1100RT - I Don't Need NO STINK'N GS
IBA, North GA RideSmart, UN-X,VIII,VI,IV (Dirt Rider),II Virgin (Alpen Dorf Survivor) plus Team Wurty(Charter Member)
#4010 - 09/02/03 02:09 AM Re: It's a Date! The UnRally II in Eureka Springs [Re: EffBee]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
Fernando:
Congrtulations on the new job, and I'm sorry you won't be making Un2. We will all be sorry that you can't make it. We'll see you down the road.

Murrayg
Vay Ya Con Dios
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  EffBee, Joe Frickin' Friday