Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#418277 - 11/28/08 02:40 AM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: bimmers]  
upflying Offline
upflying  Offline

Reno, NV
I had one flicked out at me while I was lane splitting. Fortunately it hit the windshield of my black and white Harlem Davis. Yes, the driver received a performance award, also known as the Paul Buzzo Act here in Calif. Pretty stiff fine too.

Here is the law..

23111. No person in any vehicle and no pedestrian shall throw or
discharge from or upon any road or highway or adjoining area, public
or private, any lighted or nonlighted cigarette, cigar, match, or any
flaming or glowing substance. This section shall be known as the
Paul Buzzo Act.

Last edited by upflying; 11/28/08 02:44 AM.

Bob
Reno,NV

2014 HD FXDC
2001 HD FLHPi (former work bike)
2009 HD FLHPi 103" (former work bike)
1972 Honda CT-90 garage queen

Logical politics is the Holy Grail of oxymorons.
#418280 - 11/28/08 03:12 AM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: Steve1962]  
Huzband Offline
Huzband  Offline

Cowford, Fl.
I've been behind that idiot.

But his brother's worse.

You know. The one that chews. tongue

Danny

'07 R12GSA (Moose)
'10 530 XC-W Six Days
'90 RMX 250 (woods weapon)
'02 GasGas 280 Pro (Squirrel)
'08 Black Lab (Auto)
IBA #30344

#418660 - 11/29/08 04:27 PM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: Huzband]  
Ken H. Offline
Turtle Whacks
Ken H.  Offline
Turtle Whacks

Edmonton, AB Canada
I've had more than one over the years, especially in slow traffic, that it was clear to me was an intentional attempt.

Same driving my convertible cage, people trying to intentionally flip a butt in into it.

How do people with such an obnoxious attitude toward others ever get anywhere in life?

Ken & Donna H.
Doctor I need to learn how to relax faster.

If you want to ride tomorrow, ride quietly today.
Quiet is cool, silent is sexy.
#418698 - 11/29/08 06:06 PM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: Ken H.]  
MAT2CHI Offline
MAT2CHI  Offline

Marin County - California
Awhile back I was following one of those big buck Mercedes in town and out of the sunroof came a lit cigarette. It bounced off my chest and hit the ground. I split the lane and as I was pulling along side it I saw two teenage boys laughing their ass's off. Just as luck would have it the light was turning yellow so I stopped in front of them and got off my bike and walked back to them. I looked in the window and said something like "listen you little shit, your cigarette just hit me. I feel like pulling your ass out and beating it, but I'll cut so some slack this time. If I ever see you throw another cigarette out the window again I will". He stammered he was sorry and as I was walking back to my motorcycle I noticed the light had turned green, but the person behind us never honked their horn; I guess they saw what happened. I was riding my Harley that day and was wearing my Harley leather, so that may have been an intimidating factor. I look back now and think that could have been a bad move on my part, but once in awhile I get so mad that I can't help myself.I need to work on that.

2008 SM 610
2006 CRF450X
2004 R1150RT
1989 FXST
#418830 - 11/30/08 02:21 AM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: MAT2CHI]  
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs Offline
Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs  Offline

Portland, OR
Originally Posted By: MAT2CHI
I was riding my Harley that day and was wearing my Harley leather, so that may have been an intimidating factor. I look back now and think that could have been a bad move on my part,

No, I think your reaction was appropriate to the situation. So if you had pulled the asshat through the window, then yes that might have been a bad move.

But what happens when the glowing ember lands in the roadside brush and end up burning 1000 acres? I think it's appropriate to scare the little fukkers.

-Steve
'00 RT
#418841 - 11/30/08 03:27 AM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs]  
codougd Offline
codougd  Offline

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I've had "interesting" conversations with friends who are smokers. When I ask them if they toss soda cans or other trash out the window of their cars they reply forcefully that they would never litter. When I ask them why the ash trays in their cars are so clean and why flipping cigarette butts out the window is different from a Burger King wrapper, they stammer and go into full rationalization mode.

I have come to the conclusion that if you are a smoker, the world is your ashtray.

Doug Dickerson

"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
#418892 - 11/30/08 01:24 PM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: codougd]  
BailyD Offline
BailyD  Offline

New Jersey
I've written that one many times as I dodge them on my work bike. If you want to see someone's head spin around, stop them for throwing a cigarette out of their window!!

They will give you such a rant about that being a chicken sheet summons!

I was sitting behind a young lady at a busy intersection when she threw her ENTIRE, FULL ashtray out of the driver's window! She could have had someone detail her car inside and out for what that summons cost!

Harley Electra Glide (Police), BMW's F650GS-P (retired), R1200RT-P (turned over to Jr. Ofc.) 2015 Harley Electra Glide (current)
#418943 - 11/30/08 04:33 PM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs]  
tallman Offline
Picture Perfect Humorist
tallman  Offline
Picture Perfect Humorist

Tallahassee, Florida
Originally Posted By: Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
I was riding my Harley that day and was wearing my Harley leather, so that may have been an intimidating factor. I look back now and think that could have been a bad move on my part,

No, I think your reaction was appropriate to the situation. So if you had pulled the asshat through the window, then yes that might have been a bad move.

But what happens when the glowing ember lands in the roadside brush and end up burning 1000 acres? I think it's appropriate to scare the little fukkers.

Agreed.
You should have pulled him out through the sunroof. tongue

If my mind wanders, should I follow it?
Tim
Conch Town Krewe
2003 K 1200 GT
1996 R 100 RSL
1980 R 100 RT
1972 R 75
1968 R 50
All now gone...

#418949 - 11/30/08 04:40 PM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: upflying]  
motorman587 Offline
motorman587  Offline

Florida
Originally Posted By: upflying
I had one flicked out at me while I was lane splitting. Fortunately it hit the windshield of my black and white Harlem Davis. Yes, the driver received a performance award, also known as the Paul Buzzo Act here in Calif. Pretty stiff fine too.

Here is the law..

23111. No person in any vehicle and no pedestrian shall throw or
discharge from or upon any road or highway or adjoining area, public
or private, any lighted or nonlighted cigarette, cigar, match, or any
flaming or glowing substance. This section shall be known as the
Paul Buzzo Act.

Had a redneck do that to me in a large dump truck. Hit me between the eyes, and I thought I was on fire. I was passing the dump truck, while slapping me in the chest, thinking about putting out the fire. Turned off and stopped the dump truck, no performance award, gave him the Motorman A$$ chewing Act.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
2002 Honda Goldwing Yellow
Contact me 4 motor training (one on one)
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (contact me)
#418975 - 11/30/08 05:58 PM Re: Flying cigarette [Re: tallman]  
Pilgrim Offline
Pilgrim  Offline

Yakima, WA
Originally Posted By: tallman
Originally Posted By: Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Agreed.
You should have pulled him out through the sunroof. tongue

Pull him out through the vent window!!! No. Wait. There aren't any of those any more, are there. Damn!

Pilgrim

See my book, Tracks in the Sand, online at Signcutter Press, Amazon, or B&N.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3