Mark your calendars... The Spring Northeast Tech Daze Event will be Saturday May 2nd, 2009.
With the UNrally in August, it will be a good time to ensure your bikes are in peak shape. We don't have any plans yet for a first responder class this spring but people are welcome to spend the night before and after as usual.
This year, I'm using the Evenbrite registration site to track everything. This is the same site we are using for the UNrally. You can register here...
The usual offers apply...
- Event formally starts at 7:30am and goes until the last person says goodbye the following night.
- Address is 47 Talcott Range East Granby, CT 06026
- Phone Number is 860-844-8895
- Donation suggested is generally $20.
- Breakfast Lunch Dinner and Drinks provided
- S.O.'s are very much welcome to join in.
- Anyone is welcome to stay at the house Friday and/or Saturday nights.
- Guest room available for the first couple that reserves it.
- Plenty of sleeping bag space in the house
Yes... Several options for staying with us or in the area:
1. Tons of level tenting space in the yard.
2. Standard airport strip hotels about 9 miles east of the house: Doubletree Hotel Homewood Suites Days Inn
3. Plus some much nicer places to stay about 10 miles southwest of the house... Real New England stuff. Dutch Iris Inn Simsbury Inn Simsbury 1820 House The Linden House Merrywood Inn
- By now, we've developed a good local group of Guru's so Newbies are encouraged to attend and watch, or even better, dig into projects on their own comfortable that someone is there to help.
- Three bay garage plus 3 or 4 party tents in the driveway in case of inclement weather.
- Pretty much any tool you could possibly need including a bike lift, a Splinal Tap Tool.
- You are welcome to have parts and fluids delivered directly to the house and I will hold onto them for you. I will also be able to recycle all the old stuff as well.
- We have a tire changing station and balancer if interested.
- Generally we do a free-for-all format and I've seen a couple dozen different projects going on simultaneously.
The event continues to be a hit with everyone and we generally draw about 40 bikes and over 50 people from 9 states. Suzanne and I always have a great time getting to meet the newcomers and seeing old friends too.
Here are links to the past three event tales: May 2008 April 2007 June 2006 Roy Temple's Photos
Last year, Zep also made a YouTube movie of the 2008 event
. The first half is stop action of garage/driveway and then there is nice footage of people working on the bikes, changing tires, and the ever present rubber chicken.
We will use this thread to track who's interested and what your project plans are. But, remember to register with the evenbrite site. Click Here Now to Register for May 2009
Paul & Suzanne