BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#496725 - 07/10/09 05:49 PM Anyone planning to travel US-6 in PA - check this out....  
George Brown Offline
George Brown  Offline

Newtown, PA , USA
If your routing yourself across PA on US-6 to or from the UN, here's a good place to stay about 6 miles east of Wellsboro, PA: Arvgarden B&B.

Judy and I just spent three nights there at $105/night. Very clean, modern with friendly inn keepers (Keith and Hilma Cooper). The house is 10 years old and the B&B rooms are laid out like your typical motel room with modern bathrooms. Hilma makes great breakfasts and Keith is an excellent server. I found it on the web about two weeks ago and tried it on a lark without any references. It worked out great and we plan to go back sometime. We trailered the BMW up. Plenty of room to park and unload trailer and Keith let me keep the bike in one of his garages while we were there. Wellsboro is a nice town to hang out in for a couple of days or even just overnight. It has several restaurants, shops etc. It is also is in the center of a great riding area.

All the normal disclosures apply - Judy and I have no financial intersts in this place.

RideSmart and Safe, George

'97 Amarena R1100RT - I Don't Need NO STINK'N GS
IBA, North GA RideSmart, UN-X,VIII,VI,IV (Dirt Rider),II Virgin (Alpen Dorf Survivor) plus Team Wurty(Charter Member)
#496728 - 07/10/09 06:02 PM Re: Anyone planning to travel US-6 in PA - check this out.... [Re: George Brown]  
Selden Offline
Selden  Offline

Atlanta, GA
Here's another B&B (and I [b]do[b/b] have an interest -- my 87-year old mother runs the place): The Terry House in New Castle, DE. http://www.terryhouse.com/

I will be cooking breakfast there July 29-August 1. Unfortunately, Delaware is not one of the most interesting states for riding (it's really, really flat), although route 9, south from New Castle, has its charms and a few curves.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke, don't break it if you can't fix it.