IGNORED

Introducing Your UN IX 2010 Organizers

Les is more

Once again wonderful volunteers have stepped up to put our annual gathering together and it promises to be fantastic!

Collective hats off to drswift (Dave) and SageRider (Michael) for their time and talents!

They'll be posting soon with the details you thirst for!

In the meantime mark those dates and give three cheers for our volunteers!

Thanks to Dave and Michael and all the folks who are making this happen. :clap:

Winter gives me lot's of time to play with routes and maps. YIPPEE!

Nice n Easy Rider

:clap:

Missed last summer's UN due to my nephew's tragic death the week before. Hope to make this one but I'll be looking for someone to make the 2000+ (estimated) mile ride west with.

Hey Dave and Michael -- glad to know you are organizing this. Kelly and I will do all we can to make it.

Nice n Easy Rider -- keep us posted on your plans.

Where is "there" ?

It would be great if it coincided with the MOA Rally in Redmond OR.

If it is out west, us easterners could kill two birds with one stone.

I just found the dates and Location! July 13-16 Sierra Nevadas

Perfect..........

A bunch of us are shipping our bikes to Las Vegas and riding through the Sierra Nevadas to Redmond for the BMW MOA Rally on July 15-16. The bike will be collected for the trip back east in Spokane WA.

If I could suggest moving the Un Rally up by a day or two it would be a huge success. A great stop on the way to the MOA.

Roy,

We cannot move the Unrally dates forward (or backward, for that matter) due to logistics constraints.

It is anticipated that first arrivers will come in no earlier than Monday (7/12).

The first group event will be Tuesday afternoon. (7/12)

The last group event will be Thursday evening (7/15).

As a side note, drawing huge numbers of BMWMOA rally participants to the unrally is not a goal as the Unrally facility selected does not have the capacity to match or exceed Redmond. Catering to the BMWST members is our 1st and primary goal...

Understood! The Un Rally you folks hosted up here in NH was fantastic..........I'll sure to be at the Sierra Nevada Rally.

thanks

Catering to the BMWST members is our 1st and primary goal...

Its a tough call which one to attend.. There is a lot of allure to the National.... Last year I spent 3 days at the YB Rally, and then hit the UNRally.. Id have had a hard time figuring out what to skip if the National were on the same dates..

Edited by R80RTKen

I wouldn't have a hard time deciding which to attend (assuming I'd even have to choose between the two); it would be the UnRally. Having been to a several of both, I prefer the size, friendliness etc. of the UnRally. The MOA Rally has its pluses, but intimate it is not.

Well, they did say Of CA and NV. That narrows it a bit although if you're coming from NY the North/South thing seems to matter a little less. After all, the whole range we're talking about is only 400 miles long! :wave:

CoarsegoldKid

For those of you not familiar with the Sierra range, there are good riding roads and there are great riding roads in the USA. These in the Sierra are outstanding. Take a month off and see them all if you can. Redmond is probably a nice setting for a rally. But you won't regret this UNrally setting.

I think I'll go. Where did you say it was? Just over the hill, eh?

Well,

It's around Deb and my birthdays (July 9th and July 16th) and we are so UP for it :grin: !

If all goes well, we will make this a 2 week riding trip :clap:

Nice n Easy Rider
Well,

It's around Deb and my birthdays (July 9th and July 16th) and we are so UP for it :grin: !

Well Phil,

Since we share a birthdate, if I make the UN (and I sure intend to) we'll have to share my Maker's Mark that I personally wax-dipped on the recent BRR in Kentucky. :)

Well Phil,

Since we share a birthdate, if I make the UN (and I sure intend to) we'll have to share my Maker's Mark that I personally wax-dipped on the recent BRR in Kentucky. :)

My birthday is 7/10. Is that close enough to have a sample of your Maker's Mark? :)

Nice n Easy Rider

Well Phil,

My birthday is 7/10. Is that close enough to have a sample of your Maker's Mark? :)

Without a doubt! :)

I went to the Redmond Rally back in '01 (I think). I drove there because it was the first year for MotoEquip and I had to haul my inventory up there as I'd rented a retail booth space. Therefore, I didn't get any riding done, being bikeless. But from what I overheard the riding was "decent."

I've ridden the Sierras, though. And "decent" is an understatement. If it were a choice between the two, I'd spend three days in the Sierras kicking myself for not taking the whole month off.

Well,

Well Phil,

My Maternal Grandmother's birthday is July 11 and since she can't be there and she loves a good belt, I'd be willing to taste it for her if you think she qualifies? :grin:

I'll take Fernando's recommendation and hope we are headed into the Sierras & Yosemite. I'll also see what I can do about getting that required month off. :D

Before we know it the trees will be budding and we'll start doing a countdown to launch.

Nice n Easy Rider
Well,

Well Phil,

My Maternal Grandmother's birthday is July 11 and since she can't be there and she loves a good belt, I'd be willing to taste it for her if you think she qualifies? :grin:

Kathy,

Of course, but you'll still need a note from her verifying that you're old enough to imbibe. :grin:

• 5 weeks later...

wESTbOUND & dOWN..!

SirRodney & I are planning as we speak.

Good on you two for steppin' up to host this big bad animal.!

Congrat's & Good Luck.!

wESTbOUND & dOWN..!

SirRodney & I are planning as we speak.

Good on you two for steppin' up to host this big bad animal.!

Congrat's & Good Luck.!

It's actually been fun. Michael and I had a very early start and that has helped. Looking forward to playing host.

• 2 weeks later...
AdventurePoser

Outstanding, Dave and Michael! Jennifer and I had a great time in John Day, and we are looking forward to attending this Unrally! Many thanks for scheduling mid summer so we teacher types can attend... :clap:

Steve