IGNORED

Official UN-IX Sierra Adventures Announcement!!!

SageRider

Is there a particular channel* that we use, or can designate, for Bike to Bike communication (for those who have it)?

*sorry, I used to be a Signal systems Engineer back in the day, and had to write Ops Orders for missions.

Is there a particular channel* that we use, or can designate, for Bike to Bike communication (for those who have it)?
The default for this group has been 2/0 for the last few years. This is to accommodate the greatest number of riders with a variety of gear. The first few freq's on both FRS and GMRS are the same and for those with ham set-ups not using a sub-channel makes it easier for them to join in.

It can get crowded near population centers nowadays, but out where we like to ride there's not usually much interference.

I tried to send a p.m. as requested by the Unrally site, got the error message.......

Geneva and I will be riding up from San Diego, planning to be there through part of Wed. It's hard to be away from the shop for a full week......

We're looking forward to meeting everyone!

all the best,

Mike

Does anyone have the gps files from last years unrally in new Hampshire. I'm going back there next week and wod love to take some of the rides again. Please email them to me if you can dig them up.

Thanks,

Alan

bodhi65@gmail.com

One week to lift-off! :thumbsup:

YES! :clap:

Thank you for the routes! I am packing the bike tonight and if all goes as planned I head west from DC in 5 days! :grin: Stops in Colorado Springs, Torrey, Reno, and Yosemite prior to the UN. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the routes! I am packing the bike tonight and if all goes as planned I head west from DC in 5 days! :grin: Stops in Colorado Springs, Torrey, Reno, and Yosemite prior to the UN. :thumbsup:

Will that was DUMB! I thought the link Michael posted was for the 2010 UnRally! :dopeslap:

Sorry for the confusion, Bob

Michael - your post was not confusing. I am simply having "tunnel" vision and totally focused on the upcoming trip west!

Nice n Easy Rider

Will that was DUMB! I thought the link Michael posted was for the 2010 UnRally! :dopeslap:

Bob, that's no problem. If you leave a few days earlier you can hit the Northeast as well. :grin:

Have a great (and safe) ride.

Inkydinkyspider

I won't be making unrally this year as planned, my rear end self destructed for 2nd time at 110 miles, just 8K after the bearing replaced this time last year! Have to find a replacement this time.

All the best at the rally and say Hi to Handy Andy for me :clap:

Dave.

Sorry to hear that you can't make the UN this year.

What do want to replace the final drive or the RT!

Bill_Walker

I, too, am now officially OUT. My wife needs another surgery, now scheduled for 7/16. I hate to miss an UNrally in my home state, but at least I've already ridden all those roads! I'll miss all of you great people, though.

I, too, am now officially OUT. My wife needs another surgery, now scheduled for 7/16. I hate to miss an UNrally in my home state, but at least I've already ridden all those roads! I'll miss all of you great people, though.

So sorry to hear this!

Brought my wife home today from her third general anesthesia drill in 2 months to have kidney stones removed. This time they were finally able to remove all of the stones and she has assured me she will be OK and that I'm still good for a departure for the UN on Friday. 43 great years this August!

aW dRAT iT...Bill, I'm sorry that we'll miss you @ this "UN".

Hope all goes well with your wife's surgery.

AdventurePoser

Jennifer and I are departing Thurday morning for Santa Barbara-Roseville-Topaz Lake.

We are looking forward to renewing old friendships and making new ones before we head east to Rachel NV, Torrey, and southwestern Colorado...

Steve in So Cal

Beth and I are really looking forward to meeting you two.

We have 60+ years in education and over 35 years administration ( with me doing double duty for over 20 of those).

Despite those character flaws, please say "hey".

:grin:

Just out of curiosity, Do we have a total count?

The numbering system on the "Registered" list is hard to follow.

Just out of curiosity, Do we have a total count?

The numbering system on the "Registered" list is hard to follow.

The numbering system is not intended as a count, for one thing couples/groups registering together get the same number. For another the registration number is unique across all the events using my registration software which is currently 4.

By my count there are 147 people registered.

Hi Bill! Thanks for checking in. Sorry we'll miss you, but at least we can now stop worrying! :Wink:

See you next time! :wave: