Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#628990 - 08/21/10 02:08 PM Re: 2011 Unrally rumor!!! [Re: tallman]  
Paul Mihalka Offline
Old Fart
Paul Mihalka  Offline
Old Fart

Sykesville, MD
OK kids, stop teasing. Just let us know when you know something and can tell us about it smile

Age is a issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter... (Mark Twain)
Many years and 1 million (s)miles.

'05 R1200GS lotsa miles (sold)
'09 Yamaha Majesty - yes, a scooter
#629023 - 08/21/10 04:53 PM Re: 2011 Unrally rumor!!! [Re: Paul Mihalka]  
Matts_12GS Offline
Matts_12GS  Offline

Enfield, CT
We already know most of the details...

Shawn and I had a super secret double blind conference call the other night while I was walking through the car parts store.

The when part....

Ok, I'll give you a few details

Later on....

Matt

2005 1200GS (Traveller)
IBA 37694

" ...if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? " --Ronald Reagan
#629032 - 08/21/10 05:31 PM Re: 2011 Unrally rumor!!! [Re: tallman]  
Endobobdds Offline
Endobobdds  Offline

Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: tallman
Originally Posted By: Bud
Hope it is not the same week as the MOA rally like it was this year.

Yet this year at the UN it seemed many (who were actually going to the MOA) liked the overlap so both could be done in a week.

Worked out great for me! Went to the MOA after the UN and had a set of Ohlins put on the bike then headed up to Seattle.

I am flying back to Seattle next Wednesday to pick up the bike and will ride back via Glacier, Yosemite, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, up over Lake Michigan and Lake Erie through Canada to Niagara Falls then to a rally in Watkins Glen, NY before heading to DC. smile

Bob Smyth
K1200RS ('02 Black)
email: endobobdds@gmail.com
#629042 - 08/21/10 07:02 PM Re: 2011 Unrally rumor!!! [Re: Endobobdds]  
RevRay Offline
RevRay  Offline

Nowhere
Bob,
Just follow my bread crumb trail, If your trip is going to include a stop over in Duluth to visit the good folks at Aero stich. Heed this warning if you are traveling west on 2, GPS plotted route to veer off Rt.2 (65mph) on to Rt.191 (55mph) While traveling less than 200ft on said rd. the on coming undercover lit up as did my radar detector, leo quickly pulled over to right letting following traffic pass. Indicated was 67MPH I thought OK and continued on my way quickly realizing I had company he followed for about a mile or minute. Turned on the pull over lights I quickly pulled over, removed my gloves as quickly as possible placed them on my radar detector in hope to hide from enforcement.
officer: Do you know how fast you was going.
ME: Yes sir 65MPH
Officer: The speed limit on this road is 55mph, you were traveling 71mph license please.
ME: Sorry I did not see the sign (probabaly because I was paying attention to you abruptly swerving to the right) by any chance are you giving fellow civil Servants breaks today?
Officer: With a glaring look again he requested my license.

Ok with that said forty dollars for speeding eight-five dollars court cost and two dollars for paying with credit card. Hope insurance company never finds out. The strangest part of this whole episode was the effect it had on my throttle control for the next 48hr.

RevRay
CO2W
Waste No Curve
#629065 - 08/21/10 09:14 PM Re: 2011 Unrally rumor!!! [Re: RevRay]  
Endobobdds Offline
Endobobdds  Offline

Washington, DC
Originally Posted By: RevRay
Bob,
Just follow my bread crumb trail, If your trip is going to include a stop over in Duluth to visit the good folks at Aero stich. Heed this warning if you are traveling west on 2, GPS plotted route to veer off Rt.2 (65mph) on to Rt.191 (55mph) While traveling less than 200ft on said rd. the on coming undercover lit up as did my radar detector, leo quickly pulled over to right letting following traffic pass. Indicated was 67MPH I thought OK and continued on my way quickly realizing I had company he followed for about a mile or minute. Turned on the pull over lights I quickly pulled over, removed my gloves as quickly as possible placed them on my radar detector in hope to hide from enforcement.
officer: Do you know how fast you was going.
ME: Yes sir 65MPH
Officer: The speed limit on this road is 55mph, you were traveling 71mph license please.
ME: Sorry I did not see the sign (probabaly because I was paying attention to you abruptly swerving to the right) by any chance are you giving fellow civil Servants breaks today?
Officer: With a glaring look again he requested my license.

Ok with that said forty dollars for speeding eight-five dollars court cost and two dollars for paying with credit card. Hope insurance company never finds out. The strangest part of this whole episode was the effect it had on my throttle control for the next 48hr.

Thanks for the heads up! thumbsup

Last edited by Endobobdds; 08/21/10 09:16 PM.

Bob Smyth
K1200RS ('02 Black)
email: endobobdds@gmail.com
#629104 - 08/22/10 12:40 AM Re: 2011 Unrally rumor!!! [Re: Endobobdds]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted By: Endobobdds
Originally Posted By: tallman
Originally Posted By: Bud
Hope it is not the same week as the MOA rally like it was this year.

Yet this year at the UN it seemed many (who were actually going to the MOA) liked the overlap so both could be done in a week.

Worked out great for me! Went to the MOA after the UN and had a set of Ohlins put on the bike then headed up to Seattle.

I am flying back to Seattle next Wednesday to pick up the bike and will ride back via Glacier, Yosemite, Grand Tetons, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, up over Lake Michigan and Lake Erie through Canada to Niagara Falls then to a rally in Watkins Glen, NY before heading to DC. smile

I know many folks got to do both. I'm committed to putting on the Chartered Club Leadership Summit on Wednesday. So I have to be there by at least Tuesday and then volunteer on registration on Thursday so it takes up UN time if they are the same week.

However, for the thousands of others who make the UN, it works out real well. grin

95% of an RT.

I haven't had too many Beemers, I just don't have enough time.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7