IGNORED

Lone_RT_rider

OK Kristina and I are IN!

Of course she dosen't know about it yet.

She just turned 16 today!!

Wrote her learners permit for her drivers licence today and passed! Now I have to teach her to drive!

Then in the spring she wants to take her Motorcycle test so she can ride her own bike to the UN this year.

Those that met her at last years UnRally may remember that that was her plan.

Wrote her learners permit for her drivers licence today and passed! Now I have to teach her to drive!

Then in the spring she wants to take her Motorcycle test so she can ride her own bike to the UN this year.

Good stuff Andy. My step daughter keeps bugging me about riding motorcycle as well. I still have 3+ years before I need to worry about it, but it is certainly great to see the enthusiasm.

Excellent! I am looking forward to meeting you both.

Andy, glad to hear that last year's "adventures" on your return journey from Topaz Lake did not deter Kristina from wanting to ride. Good luck.

Andy, glad to hear that last year's "adventures" on your return journey from Topaz Lake did not deter Kristina from wanting to ride. Good luck.

Man, those canucks are a STUDLY bunch!! :thumbsup:

Not only is she a beautiful young woman and hard-core pillion rider, she's gettin' right back on the horse to show it who's boss--and maybe even ridin' on her OWN horse?!?!? That's just TOO COOL!! :Cool:

Great job, Kristina! :clap:

937941466_BMDYB-XL.jpg

(L-R) "KTM Doug", "Steves1150plus50", Jennifer "The Flame", Russell "ittech", "Noel", Karen "Mrs. Noel", "Handy Andy", Kristina (Andy's daughter), Conrad "rad", "Ron_B"

Nice job and CONGRATULATIONS, Andy! :)

OK we are IN the wife is up for some thing new so this will be our first UN... :thumbsup:

PayPall processed and calling the Inn in the morning

Dwight and Sharon

Looking forward to it Dwight. As a result of marriage and living most of my life in Florida I speak Ohio just in case you need a translator! :wave:

Thanks I will keep that in mind, Sharon can speak fire fighter/ medic/pharmacy if you need a translator

The Room is secured and the wife is exited after seeing the view from the web site.

The folks at the Switzerland Inn are great to work with and very helpfull! :clap:

2 feet of snow here, so is it time to leave yet :grin:

enjoy for me, this is one time of year I have a meeting I cannot escape. Sorry I can't make it. I will count on Sturgis to drink a beer for me.

While Jethro's swilling beer on your behalf ... I'll sip some good Scotch for you :grin:

enjoy for me, this is one time of year I have a meeting I cannot escape. Sorry I can't make it. I will count on Sturgis to drink a beer for me.

While Jethro's swilling beer on your behalf ... I'll sip some good Scotch for you :grin:

I swillz, therefore I be is

Dwight -

When we get closer to the event, give me a shout and maybe we can ride down together. Then I can explain to you why you want to avoid hanging around Matt .... especially with a reuben sandwich... :thumbsup:

Jim

Dwight -

When we get closer to the event, give me a shout and maybe we can ride down together. Then I can explain to you why you want to avoid hanging around Matt .... especially with a reuben sandwich... :thumbsup:

Jim

Now I'm confused, I thought Craig was the Rueben thief :S

Didn't you know? They work as a pair.... don't trust either one of them! :dopeslap:

The old distract him while I steal his sandwich scheme....

Who are you calling old?
Dwight -

When we get closer to the event, give me a shout and maybe we can ride down together. Then I can explain to you why you want to avoid hanging around Matt .... especially with a Reuben sandwich... :thumbsup:

Jim

Sounds good and I am sure there will be a few more we can tag up with along the way.

Reuben…Ok this should be good.

:rofl:

Hey, I just realized that this is the year that Unrally 10 will be happening. It's getting closer all the time.

Looking forward to heading on down.

just curious if anything has been mentioned about on site camping?

Not just yet Lee, we've been talking with the owners and have agreed on prices for the campers, but there is still a wait until that is announced.

leeinmemphis
just curious if anything has been mentioned about on site camping?

Not just yet Lee, we've been talking with the owners and have agreed on prices for the campers, but there is still a wait until that is announced.

Ok thanks for the info. I was just curious.

Hey All, Just confirmed my registration after checking dates and work schedule. Planning to book the hotel tomorrow.

I'm hoping to ride down from Alberta with someone else for all or part of the way, but happy to try the run on my own.

Really looking forward to putting faces to a bunch of the names and avatars I've seen on this site - and The Blue Ridge Mountains is one of the few areas in the US I have never seen so it should be a great trip.

I was able to register.....but missed the payment option

Would like to book at lodge but need to pay up first - how do I get past the "double" registration issue to submit payment ;-(

Lone_RT_rider

Send Killer a PM, he should be able to take care of you. Quite possibly he may have seen this already and is in the process of contacting you.

Shawn

Just finished the UN registration, will call the hotel on Monday. As others have said, looking forawrd to putting more faces to names.

I find that if I go back and re-read older threads now, having met some folks at Fall BRR, it makes them more personal since I have met the writers. All the Clampett postings for instance, since I met Chris, Matt and Shannon. Same with Mitch's epic, Dances with Cows.

Apparently all the Diamondback rooms are now full, so I booked in one of the Chanticleer rooms. If the wife doesn't join me, I may have roomate availability.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our plans to attend this UnRally. With our many plans for the year our vacation plans were already looking tight, but then I just found out that something has come up at work. Now I can't take any leave for most of August.C'est la vie.

Thus ... there's a very nice Hiedi Suite now available from Sunday-Thursday. This one is a 2nd floor king bed suite with a view, separate living room, ac, non-smoking.

Sorry we won't be able to see you all there. Have fun!

Edited by TyTass

A party for my birthday? You shouldn't have. OK, you should but I'll try to stay modest (I don't think its working, honestly). :grin:

Now to figure out if I can actually make it there or if you all must celebrate without me. (That would be sad.) :cry:

A party for my birthday? You shouldn't have. OK, you should but I'll try to stay modest (I don't think its working, honestly). :grin:

Now to figure out if I can actually make it there or if you all must celebrate without me. (That would be sad.) :cry:

Your modesty is second to your humility....

Get on your motorcycle and ride it up there, it's a beautiful place!

Lone_RT_rider
I don't think i posted an In for the Un...I'm In.
:thumbsup:

Ditto Dave! Your a staple around our events. It will be great to have you there. :)

Shawn

thanks, I've been neglecting my steed and am in dire need of a good ride. Between this and BRR I should fine my fix! One day I'm going to suprise everyone and make a western UN.