I'm extremely happy with them and feel safer being able to easily

see what's directly behind the bike esp in town when cars are much

closer behind.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b0ykn1jrti9r3on

(I made some small changes in the file so had to delete the first one

in the link and re-link it)

Edited by macx
  • 5 years later...

Macx, I'm thinking about putting these on my rt. Are you still happy with them? Also I want to install mine in conjunction with my Hippo Hands. Do you see any issues with securing my Hippo Hands between the handlegrip and the mirror, with a hole in the hand Muffs of course?

Macx, I'm thinking about putting these on my rt. Are you still happy with them? Also I want to install mine in conjunction with my Hippo Hands. Do you see any issues with securing my Hippo Hands between the handlegrip and the mirror, with a hole in the hand Muffs of course?

I am extremely happy with those mirrors! First put them on my prior '07 RT, back in 2012, and have them on my '15 RT now! BTW, one fringe benefit that you will get by adding these mirrors is that they add a significant amount of added weight to the bar-end, and will absorb most, if not all, of the handle-bar vibrations!

Here is a picture on my '07 RT:

50882d1394548756-2014-rt-mirrors-mirror.jpg

Had the same exact set-up on my '06 RT and really liked it. Worked very well and for the price was GREAT. But 2 things you should know going in based on my running this set-up for nearly 8 years. 1) the mirrors do flutter a bit. Not offensive but for example you can see a car behind you but you may not be able to see what type it is ... they just blur a bit. and 2) if you are running a v-stream these are pretty much the only option since you can't mount the K-GT mirrors many folks mount as they will hit the shield at full lock. Overall I was extremely happy with this set-up on my '06 RT and they are on the bike today with the new owner. Oh ... and the finish on the Napoleon mirrors is not be best. It got a satin or dull look pretty quickly but then I am way to anal about that stuff. If I still had the '06 and had to do it all over again I would go it exactly the same. Oh .. .I did switch to stainless steel bolts in the bar ends as well.

Good luck!

Yeah, the finish do dull rather quickly, but it comes right back up with a dab of auto wax. Incidentally, if you want the same mirror, but in chrome, the part number is AP-101 (vs. AP-104 for the black).

tanax-ap-101-001.jpg

I would go with the chrome as the black got dull and no matter what I tried could not get the finish back. Was not a big issue but always bugged me a bit.

Can't wait to get on the road and figure out if I need the extra visibility. I like the clean look of the stock mirrors but I'm used to mirrors on the handlebars (R1200C).