IGNORED

Lone_RT_rider

barryNmarin

Just my luck. Last week I let BeneciaRT_GT (Richard) talk me into riding across the country in August :dopeslap::dopeslap: with him to attend the UN and now there aren't any rooms in the Inn. I'll bet there is a No-tell Motel somewhere close that isn't full. Anyway I'm paid/registered and IN if I don't melt before I get there. This will be my first UN plus I've never ridden East of the Mississippi. Looking forward to it.

OldBMWMaster

You will have a blast. I taught at ASU and know the area well; so we will find a spot to camp and find a shower from someone who feels sorry for a dirty Barbie.

Lone_RT_rider
Just my luck. Last week I let BeneciaRT_GT (Richard) talk me into riding across the country in August :dopeslap::dopeslap: with him to attend the UN and now there aren't any rooms in the Inn. I'll bet there is a No-tell Motel somewhere close that isn't full.

Well, I just spoke to Matt and he is going to call the owner of the Little Switzerland Inn on Monday and check for a recommendation for an overflow hotel. Once we pin one down, I will ever so politely ask Killer to post in on the Un website as well as post the info here. I also spoke to the owner last week and he is on the hook to send us a detailed description of what kind of camping amenities he is going to off up. I will have that posted once I get it as well.

As for the heat. The inn as waay up the mountain, so there is relief from the heat my friend. :) If all else fails you can take a ride up Mt. Mitchell. It's always about 10 degrees cooler up there. :thumbsup:

And yes, I knew you were speaking of the heat getting to the UN. Sorry for that. But, you will have a blast once you get here. :clap:

I would be interested in possible camping also. Still up in the air as to my plans, possible bike change approaching soon.

Matts_12GS
I would be interested in possible camping also. Still up in the air as to my plans, possible bike change approaching soon.

The hotel is supposed to be taking camping reservations. The facilities are still TBD, but there will be camping.

You will have a blast. Will find a spot to camp and find a shower from someone who feels sorry for a dirty Barbie.

I love camping but hygiene can really go downhill fast. If showering/hoses/a mudhole-out-back aren't available for removing the grime, I can be convinced to share the shower. Wait, that doesn't sound quite right. What I mean is allow some folks to use the shower in my place.

Better late than never......Danielle and I are registered, time scheduled off of work, and come tomorrow morning I will have a bike again.......WOOT!. Now we just need a cancellation so we can get a room.

Hey Matt/Shaun......do either of you know if they are doing any sort of a waiting list, or should I just call once a week or so to see if anyone canceled?

Keith,

I'll call up tomorrow and find out for sure. I had emailed earlier about an overflow hotel, but haven't heard back yet.

Give me a shout over the weekend and I'll get something sorted out for you.

Thanks bud. It's still a long way out. I'm sure something will open up. It's really the least of my worries. I know I can always find a place to sleep

If push comes to shove. I have room for you both.

Hey Roger, got room for me too?

looks like I can make at least a few days of the UN this year.

A.

If push comes to shove. I have room for you both.

Hey Roger, got room for me too?

looks like I can make at least a few days of the UN this year.

A.

PM sent

Just my luck. Last week I let BeneciaRT_GT (Richard) talk me into riding across the country in August :dopeslap::dopeslap: with him to attend the UN and now there aren't any rooms in the Inn. I'll bet there is a No-tell Motel somewhere close that isn't full.

Well, I just spoke to Matt and he is going to call the owner of the Little Switzerland Inn on Monday and check for a recommendation for an overflow hotel. Once we pin one down, I will ever so politely ask Killer to post in on the Un website as well as post the info here. I also spoke to the owner last week and he is on the hook to send us a detailed description of what kind of camping amenities he is going to off up. I will have that posted once I get it as well.

As for the heat. The inn as waay up the mountain, so there is relief from the heat my friend. :) If all else fails you can take a ride up Mt. Mitchell. It's always about 10 degrees cooler up there. :thumbsup:

And yes, I knew you were speaking of the heat getting to the UN. Sorry for that. But, you will have a blast once you get here. :clap:

Any news on an overflow motel?

Hey shawn, where have been lately? Haven't seen you at work, traveling? One other thing, I noticed you havn't paid for your reservations. Whats up with that? LOL

Guess who's finally IN for the UN?????

Woo Hoo!!! Registered and on the wait list with LSI!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYBODY!!!

Anyone have an extra room or thinking of cancelling the one you have? If so please send me a PM. Thanks,

I just made room reservations, and Rally registration. Check hotel overflow post if you need a room.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a call from the Switzerland Inn. They had a cancellation and I made a reservation. Also registered for the event today.

Les is more

Our decision likely freed up your room.

I must report that there will be no UN for Jamie and me this time. Raaahn and Lester will have to carry on with the "We've made every UN club duties".

Family and home have come out on top in our decision making process. With our son and his daughter living with us our family unit has reshaped itself. We will be putting our time and money into our home and its occupants.

We will miss all of you. wishing you beautiful riding and fast friendships...or should that be the other way around? :)

I can't thank Matt and Shaun enough for volunteering to put this together. Wonderful job guys!!!!!

Can't wait to see who steps up for 2012 in the West!

WOW! That must have been a hard decision. Really hits home how the world has changed, you two were a constant. You will me missed.

OldBMWMaster

I must have gotten your room. I got a call from the Inn yesterday and confirmed the reservation for Barbie and myself.

Paul Mihalka

I must report that there will be no UN for Jamie and me this time. Raaahn and Lester will have to carry on with the "We've made every UN club duties".

Family and home have come out on top in our decision making process. With our son and his daughter living with us our family unit has reshaped itself. We will be putting our time and money into our home and its occupants.

We will miss all of you. wishing you beautiful riding and fast friendships...or should that be the other way around? :)

I can't thank Matt and Shaun enough for volunteering to put this together. Wonderful job guys!!!!!

This is so sad! I was really hoping to see you guys again. I'll miss your hugs. I am at a point that I'm not sure if I'll be able to do any more long western trips.

I must report that there will be no UN for Jamie and me this time.

I will miss your faces! Guess we see each other down the road somewhere...

Cheers!

Aw, I think Jamie owed me a punch in the arm for a wisecrack or two! :(

Pat

That's a major bummer. We'll miss seeing you guys, but you will be there in our hearts. All the best on the family stuff.

I am SO sad to hear that Les!! :-(

Seems I'm going to have to come collect my hug and wisdom from you out there!

In the meantime, I also just got a room at the Inn ... A suite nonetheless :-p

Nice n Easy Rider
In the meantime, I also just got a room at the Inn ... A suite nonetheless :-p

Isn't there a requirement that anyone with a suite has to host the mini social hours? :grin:

If the suite is unavailable, there is an outside bar with a great view.

Bill

PS - Enjoyed chasing you guys down to Asheville after the UN.

Edited by Highway41

:P Total bummer. Janet and I will miss seeing you both again. Maybe Fall Torrey?

Just my luck. Last week I let BeneciaRT_GT (Richard) talk me into riding across the country in August :dopeslap::dopeslap: with him to attend the UN and now there aren't any rooms in the Inn. I'll bet there is a No-tell Motel somewhere close that isn't full. Anyway I'm paid/registered and IN if I don't melt before I get there. This will be my first UN plus I've never ridden East of the Mississippi. Looking forward to it.

Barry if nothing else you can use our stuff to camp. Tent, bag,etc. We have a room at the Diamondback so your more than welcome to use our stuff and our shower.

barryNmarin

Hey thanks Nancy, that's very sweet of you but I snagged a cancellation at the Little Switzerland Inn so I'm in good shape. I'll have my camping gear with me as I'm going to be doing some camping on the way out. See you and Gar there!

Well CRAP!!! I, like Paul, was really looking forward to the hugs and such. Okay, I'll readjust my expectations. I've met your lovely granddaughter and TOTALLY understand the priority.

Please know you all will be greatly missed :(

TomBarnhart

Sorry that someone had to cancel, but good news for me. Last night I got a call from the Switzerland Inn that a room had opened up. Needless to say, I took it.

See y'all there.

Tom Barnhart, Port St Lucie, Fl

Sorry that someone had to cancel, but good news for me. Last night I got a call from the Switzerland Inn that a room had opened up. Needless to say, I took it.

I'm waiting for a similar call. My work conflict moved off to either September and/or October, so I'm a-comin'! If I can't get a room, I'll be a-campin'. Can't wait.

I hope this heat wave has broken by August — even at the elevation of the BRP it's going to be warmish.

My chances of not cancelling improved yesterday. I've been butting heads with my 89-year old father-in-law about driving for over a year, and yesterday had 2 breakthroughs: 1) I wrote GA Department of Driver Services to have his license cancelled; 2) He figured out how to fix the ignition of his car so that the engine would start, went for a drive, and apparently scared himself badly enough to admit that he was no longer a safe driver. I hope he didn't alarm too many other people in the process.

I'm going to be an absolute bastard to live with when I get to the stage where I can no longer ride with confidence, although Paul gives me hope that will be many years in the future.

I'm going to be an absolute bastard to live with when I get to the stage where I can no longer ride with confidence, although Paul gives me hope that will be many years in the future.

When I get to that stage, I'm hoping to move to a retirement community and get a golf cart with a sissy step, air horn, and gps so I can terrorize the neighborhood and find my way home.

----

I just got a room today! The only downside is it's a king room in the main lodge with no sleeper couch, so Dan (pumpkin) & I are hoping some single person who has a room with two beds but no roommate would like to trade with us.

If not, no worries. We'll just bring an air mattress!

Hey ... at least I'm IN ... again!

I just got a room today! The only downside is it's a king room in the main lodge with no sleeper couch, so Dan (pumpkin) & I are hoping some single person who has a room with two beds but no roommate would like to trade with us.

If not, no worries. We'll just bring an air mattress!

Hey ... at least I'm IN ... again!

Really. You won't get koddies from each other and it is a big bed. Trains, Planes, and Automobiles........