IGNORED

Lone_RT_rider

A married couple on speaking and sleeping terms could trade as well.
Surely any couple on speaking and sleeping terms could trade?

I see that several people have been looking for places to stay. My riding buddy cancelled, and my wife can't make it either, so it looks like I'll be solo and have a lot of extra room.

A-frame cottage has a king bed, a loft with a double bed and a queen-size pull-out sleeper sofa. Arriving Sunday, leaving Thursday. PM or e-mail if interested.

I see that several people have been looking for places to stay. My riding buddy cancelled, and my wife can't make it either, so it looks like I'll be solo and have a lot of extra room.

A-frame cottage has a king bed, a loft with a double bed and a queen-size pull-out sleeper sofa. Arriving Sunday, leaving Thursday. PM or e-mail if interested.

Pm sent

Well our first UN may be UN-attend able :cry:

Approximately a month ago I had a retinal tear and although the surgical repairs were successful I won't be able to attend. As it seems that there is a problem with altitude changes and if the pressure drops to low I still could loose the vision in the affected eye.

The next doctors appointment is on the 4th and if the gas bubble has dissolved than I will be good to go :clap:

If not then we won't be able to go even in a car.

I know this is late notice but I will post a note here if our room at the Switzerland Inn becomes available.

Room still available at the LS Inn. My original party of three dwindled to just me, so that two-bedroom-plus-a-sleeper cabin has extra open space, and at least one up to king sized bed. Terry (TerryOfPerry) will be joining, so room for at least one or two more!

I'd love to offset some of the cost if anyone is interested...just PM or email. Cheers!

:cry: I am unable to travel to the UN. It is very frustrating to not be there with you all. :mad:

The right side of my torso is good for driving about 10 miles before my shoulder blade starts to scream. I found out that I hit I 80 "no less than 5 times", so i have learned to accept the fact that my 56 year old body would like some more down time.

Please, take lot's of photos :) Pretty Please?

Awwww....

I started to do the math... 900 miles divided by 10 miles at a time - that's only 90 rest stops! :grin:

Better you get better and plan for the next ride. Heal quick!

Please delete Steven French as attending. He is down as friend of GrayNFast. Severly broke his arm in a four wheeler crash last week.

Thanks and see in a couple weeks.

Dean

Please delete Steven French as attending. He is down as friend of GrayNFast. Severly broke his arm in a four wheeler crash last week.

Pain may be temporary, but it is poorly timed. Hope the recovery is fast and uncomplicated.

As the stars align themselves I find I will be coming to the area, but not on UNrally terms.

We first are helping daughter and son n law move to AL so she can start Vet School, Sunday to Wednesday. Wife has planned a mystery 4 days for an anniversary which she says we most likely will just go there on the way home back to NC. I have a sense now it is around Crossnore. But we won't be getting there till Thursday and will be in the cage wagon with the dogs. Getting the bike there would be tough. Oh well.. another year maybe and then I will get to meet some of yall.

NCS

Well, life throws us curves ...

I'm hoping to still be able to make it, but I'm hoping more for a good outcome for my daughter and my mother who are both in the hospital. My Mom seems to be doing well enough (concerns over her angina), but my daughter (32) is having a rough go of it (w/tonic/clonic seizures). We're still awaiting the MRI reading, perhaps further tests, and hopefully a diagnosis at some point.

So, at best I'm iffy for the UN.

Nice n Easy Rider

Craig,

I'm wishing the very best outcome possible for your mom and daughter and for as little anxiety as possible for you. You'll be missed if you can't make it but there's always next year.

Official......Danielle is off work. Looks like I'll be 2-up

Arriving sometime Monday, staying till Thursday

Said she might even spend a day at the pool reading a book so I can go get the GS dirty or hoon it up a little. Woohoo.....on to the excited chatter thread.

Paul Mihalka
Official......Danielle is off work. Looks like I'll be 2-up

Arriving sometime Monday, staying till Thursday

Said she might even spend a day at the pool reading a book so I can go get the GS dirty or hoon it up a little. Woohoo.....on to the excited chatter thread.

:thumbsup::clap:

Great news Keith, looking forward to seeing you.

Nothing like riding 600 miles in the wrong direction just to hang out :grin:

Karen has pneumonia and therefore we will not be making it this year. There is now an extra room available at LS to those who are interested.

You guys/gals have great fun out there. CHEERS!

Thanks Michael. She was quite upset that we will not be able to make it. She actually told me to go without her while she stayed home. I think I know better.

In any event, I have some great news. Her X-ray reading came back with no lingering signs of respiratory distress in her lungs!This is after a regiment of antibiotics. But she is still feeling rather crappy. Hopefully all she needs is more rest.

On a side note, I was rather surprised that LS Inn was going to charge me a $20 cancellation fee seeing that the place is or will be fully book for the event. Oh well.

...On a side note, I was rather surprised that LS Inn was going to charge me a $20 cancellation fee seeing that the place is or will be fully book for the event. Oh well.

Yes, but it is clearly stated on their website. I'd say $20 is a small penalty compared to some.

...On a side note, I was rather surprised that LS Inn was going to charge me a $20 cancellation fee seeing that the place is or will be fully book for the event. Oh well.

Yes, but it is clearly stated on their website. I'd say $20 is a small penalty compared to some.

Nice since we are filling their hotel for four days. Squeeze out every dime they can.

Craig,

I'm wishing the very best outcome possible for your mom and daughter and for as little anxiety as possible for you. You'll be missed if you can't make it but there's always next year.

Well, everyone's home from the hospital and doing fairly well (i.e., the meds seem to be reducing, but not elimiating, the seizures ... but that's progress!). Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

So, unless that situation deteriorates, I'm back to being IN.

I was able to change my room today to a 2Q room, so Dan and I are now good to go.

Apparently a few rooms have openned up. So, anyone looking for a room a Switzerland Inn ... just give them a call!

I had a summer place in Spruce Pine, NC that I just sold so I may be of some help to rally goers.

In addition to the Big Lynn Lodge for overflow, I noticed that

the Skyview motel has a sign out: "motorcycle and pet friendly." It is located at the intersection of the BRP, US226 and US226A. They also have a double carport for motorcycle parking arround back.

Right accross the street from the Skyview is the Mountainview motel. Both have restaurants.

If you are staying at what I call "the bunkhouse" at the Switzerland Inn, as you come off the Parkway go streight up the driveway directly in front of you for bunkhouse parking. Lodge parking will require a left, it is just past the office.

There is no gas in Little Switzerland. The closest gas is in Spruce Pine. Exit the Parkway at the Mineral Museum, at the bottom of the exit ramp, take a right, (North.) First comes WalMart, on the right, up the hill. Than a small two pump station on the right. A little further is an Exxon attended by senior citizens. They clain that there is no Ethonal in their gas.

In the other direction on the BRP is gas at Busic on NC80.

Every body have a good time and be sure to interact with the owner of the Switzerland Inn, Gary. He is a rider and a great guy.

Edited by Antman
Every body have a good time and be sure to interact with the owner of the Switzerland Inn, Gary. He is a rider and a great guy.

+1, he's a really good guy and will be a great host!

Nice n Easy Rider

+1, he's a really good guy and will be a great host!

I want to thank in advance our organizers, Matt & Shawn, for picking such a great spot and for all the hard work to date. Just 5 more days - yahoo! :clap:

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to attend this event. Bought a new RT and I won't have the 600 mile service done before

I would have to leave from NY. There is a room available now at the Little Switzerland Inn for anyone that needs one.

Also, the woman I spoke with said there were several cancellations today so there are a few rooms available.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to attend this event. Bought a new RT and I won't have the 600 mile service done before

I would have to leave from NY.

I nominate this as strangest reason ever for not going to an Unrally!

Nice n Easy Rider

Second that nomination. :S

I would have to leave from NY. There is a room available now at the Little Switzerland Inn for anyone that needs one.

Also, the woman I spoke with said there were several cancellations today so there are a few rooms available.

I don't think your excuse holds any water. There is a new dealer in Asheville, they can do your 600 mile service when your get to the UN and before you return home. What a few extra miles between friends. :rofl:

Edited by Bernie

:S OMG....what I wouldn't give to be in your boots, with a new RT and the collective RT wisdom waiting for me at the UN. It's an opportunity to save yourself a bundle of cash.

Lone_RT_rider
The bike will not explode if you go over 600 miles and don't have it serviced.
. Yes, and if anyone would know about exploding bikes, it would be Ken. :)
Paul Mihalka

What I would do: Get a appointment with the new Asheville dealer for a oil/filter change. Enjoy the UN/Blue Ridge and everything else. Ride home and get the rest of the service done.

What I would do: Get a appointment with the new Asheville dealer for a oil/filter change. Enjoy the UN/Blue Ridge and everything else. Ride home and get the rest of the service done.

I recently was faced with the same situation, so I changed my own oil/filter and when I got back my dealer did the rest.

Heck, bring the oil and filter...it'll give us something to do while we tell lies in the parking lot.

I was in somewhat the same situation in 2006, new RT etc. I was musing aloud (online really) about whether I should break in the bike by riding to the UnRally in Gunnison, Colorado. Board members here convinced me that that was an outstanding idea, so I did indeed ride out. It was one of the better decisions I've made. I say go for it and just change the oil&filter and the final drive fluid when you're out there. I'd called the new dealer (Eurosports Asheville) and book an appointment for just those two things.

I agree. But you can hear all kinds of strang reasons for not doing something when the person really doesn't want to do it. I'm a firm beliver in "Where there's a will, there's a WAY!"

The bike will not explode if you go over 600 miles and don't have it serviced.
. Yes, and if anyone would know about exploding bikes, it would be Ken. :)

Sadly so true. :/