BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 1 of 229 1 2 3 ... 228 229 >
Topic Options
#743989 - 11/28/11 06:16 AM What you did on or to your bike today......
Firefight911 Offline
Sparkle Farkle

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA
Thought this might be fun and runs along the picture thread we have had running for quite some time now (since 2007) - Monday S----

Many times we go out, have a great ride whether it be short or long, an afternoon or a week and we just don't do a full ride tale on it.

Well, how about we start this for just those times when you went out, had a great time and just want to throw it out that you rode, it was uneventful, it was fun, you had a great time, you did whatever. You can also just throw out a comment like, "I just went out to the garage and said hello.". or "I changed the pneumatic fluid from summer to winter version."

Post a pic or don't.

I'll start;

Today I hopped on and went about 250 miles to no where. I pulled up to an intersection and looked forward, left, and right and just rolled the dice and went.

Lockeford, Oakdale, Murphy's, Comanche Reservoir, Sonora California were all visited today and several other nondescript places.

Temps were as low as 42 with pea soup fog and as high as 73 with clear and sunny skies. Corners, straights, and braking and accelerating all took place.

Not a care in the world when I returned home, washed her (the bike), said thanks, and tucked her in for the night.

XM was on 'The Pulse' and 'The Blend' the whole way.

Aaaaahhhhh, and my new Gerbing Microwire (picked up a week ago at the IMS in San Mateo) worked flawlessly. It was good to finally retire the old Gerbing with the torn liner and my new one fits so much better!

'16 GMC Denali HD Crew LB Diesel
'16 Mazda 3 HB

#743991 - 11/28/11 08:20 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
Paul In Australia Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
Hi
Today was very good. 547 Km's of great hills roads, see breezes, sunshine and a perfect RT. had a ball. Shrimp for lunch followed by ice cream.
And being a Monday here, no traffic and no performance awards.
No better way to have a Monday
Best regards
Paul

#743992 - 11/28/11 08:42 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
Kakugo
Unregistered

I went over for lunch with some friends about 70 miles away.
Nothing to report until I hit the plains where was enveloped by a thick fog. Temperatures staid in the low 40's all the time. Despite the heated grips I was reminded it's finally time to dig out the winter gloves...
Only one of my friends arrived on his bike: he was cold and miserable as he had the brilliant idea of putting on his leather suit.
On return I was spared the fog (which was building up on the side of the highway). Upon return I checked the oil and that's about it.
If I had knew there was such a dense fog I would have taken my Shoei with its orange visor...

#744101 - 11/28/11 10:05 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: ]
Paul Mihalka Offline
Old Fart

Loc: Sykesville, MD
Good timing for the question. Another nice one day ride. The day amazing! 60 at 6.30 am and 75 mid-afternoon. Average high supposed to be 50 something. Found some new roads - imagine! In a large triangle bordered by three major highways I just went following any double-yellow. For locals, the three sides rt. 29/522/211, three corners Warrenton, Culpepper, Sperryville, all in VA. Then extended into WV. Lunch at 2 pm at a Shoney's in Winchester. Total 440 miles. Just got home 30 minutes ago. Yeah, i like to ride...

'05 R1200GS lotsa miles (sold)
'09 Yamaha Majesty - yes, a scooter

#744114 - 11/28/11 10:59 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
terryofperry Offline

Cotton Pickin'

Took a little ride yesterday blowing out the GSA.

Found a few cotton bales.

Found a few curves.

Nice SKY

Road Reflection.

All in all a nice day to end the holidays with freezing rain coming tonight.

Ride safely

Terry

Perry, GA

#744133 - 11/29/11 12:32 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
lawnchairboy Offline
Snuggie Jesus

Loc: Traffic hell, VA
Friday: went to Williamsburg up to steel horse classics(MV augusta, motoguzzi, Vespa ). just for the ride, they were closed, about 80 miles round trip, today, went to work about 15 miles round trip. sun: pulled the wheels off the DR, after two trips to the hardware store for Appropriate bits/breaker bar. got my a$$ kicked by a tubed 90/90/21 front tire on the HF rig, took the front and rear to cycle gear and got new tube and tire mounted on front wheel; rear tire I had was wrong size, cycle gear didn't have one. waited for about a half an hour next door at sunrise Suzuki where one of the sales guys said " parts guy will be here in 15 minutes. ". none of the people in the front retail part of the place would tell me if they had a tire in the size I needed. Really? how hard is it guys? left and walked next door , ordered rear tire and left the rim with cycle gear for mounting, will pick up wed. came home, mounted front tire, took it off again and mounted it properly with the axle spacer, had a beer!

The focus is sharp in the city.

#744135 - 11/29/11 12:38 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: lawnchairboy]
Firefight911 Offline
Sparkle Farkle

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA
Originally Posted By: lawnchairboy
Friday: went to Williamsburg up to steel horse classics(MV augusta, motoguzzi, Vespa ). just for the ride, they were closed, about 80 miles round trip, today, went to work about 15 miles round trip. sun: pulled the wheels off the DR, after two trips to the hardware store for Appropriate bits/breaker bar. got my a$$ kicked by a tubed 90/90/21 front tire on the HF rig, took the front and rear to cycle gear and got new tube and tire mounted on front wheel; rear tire I had was wrong size, cycle gear didn't have one. waited for about a half an hour next door at sunrise Suzuki where one of the sales guys said " parts guy will be here in 15 minutes. ". none of the people in the front retail part of the place would tell me if they had a tire in the size I needed. Really? how hard is it guys? left and walked next door , ordered rear tire and left the rim with cycle gear for mounting, will pick up wed. came home, mounted front tire, took it off again and mounted it properly with the axle spacer, had a beer!

Go have second beer!! You earned it!!

'16 GMC Denali HD Crew LB Diesel
'16 Mazda 3 HB

#744147 - 11/29/11 02:10 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
lawnchairboy Offline
Snuggie Jesus

Loc: Traffic hell, VA
I'm lucky, home with family, clean and dry, fed. oh yeah, noone is shooting at me either.

The focus is sharp in the city.

#744152 - 11/29/11 02:35 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: lawnchairboy]
Quinn Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
I spent the day running errands on the bike. Good practice in dealing with scary parking lot drivers who back blindly out of spaces in oversized SUVs 'cause noone would dare hit them. Also good practice in determining which way the parking places slope.

----

#744157 - 11/29/11 03:15 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
BerndM Offline

Loc: Orange County, Kalifornia
I took a short little ride to my local boat launch ramp in Huntington Harbor, CA. last Saturday, and when I got there and parked my bike, I turned toward the boats and saw this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiVpfvo-f-g

I took about 230mb of pics and vids which have been requested by the Chief Fire Inspector to try to help determine what happened.
9 people on board and amazingly, nobody was killed.

Other than that, it was just another ride!

Edited by BerndM (11/29/11 03:16 AM)
NOW
05 BMW R1200RT
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
86 Kaw KLR250

GONE
05 BMW F650GS
06 BMW R1200GS

Page 1 of 229 1 2 3 ... 228 229 >