IGNORED

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey on the road...

beemerchef

i-LXWhsG6-L.jpg

Jane's smile. Heartfelt. AZ

The miles are running away as we dropped in the heat of July into Tucson for some matters I have to attend. No escape from this and already from a couple days in this urban space I am kicking the ground to get back up North in a few days, by the end of this coming week. The ride was uncommonly for us fast paced, we managed to stay at higher elevation and good fortune was with us even going through Moab with cooler temperatures. Amazing. I personally do not find any feat into running up the numbers on “Old Faithful”, I understand long distance riding is a flavor, it is a flavor we had to a bit taste while 1400 miles went by in three days. It was however a true feat and almost inexplicable feelings when I read on the way, on the first day while resting on the side of the road an e mail send to us (as Spirit is always included) which started as such...

“Ara

I love your website, pictures and Spirit. I too [as Lance did] have terminal cancer and when I am down, all I do is pull up your website. I’m sure Lance was thinking of you as I am of my children and try to encourage them to do all things right and true and keep the Lord in your day...”

Her name is “Jane” and she rode with us for the rest of the way with thoughts ambushing each other with no avail of rest, the impact turned the path upside down as here I was mildly putting it, a bit “unhappy” about our new course, how quickly I felt one can loose it's priorities when voicing such non important aspects of Life. The Journey, the writing, the photos, Spirit, Old Faithful, all the components seemed to have blossomed into others path and so well worth it if even it was to procure one smile, “ Jane's s smile”.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-D9RWZjL-L.jpg

My “Mistress”, the Road. AZ

Realizations do not take up much time in this element of Life, consciousness does, the inner battle often not wanting fully to realize the deeply rooted presence of an aspect one cannot anymore escape. We are for another day in Tucson, I could not avoid having to come back for some personal matters needing prompt attention, and within this go around here, there is now not an ounce of doubt, a full understanding that we will never be again filled with the ability to remotely survive while the call of the road is left behind. I have surrendered without a battle to such concept as amazing as it could be, seeing a constant horizon ahead with no end in sight, no gates and no doors and no locks as all a free passage even if so the stage is of a universal one, those are the components for a forward momentum too late to now stop. It is as a daily taste which has turned into a must, a need I could say as these days present again are as my breathing is curtailed from the lack of my own personal Life support. We dropped 1400 miles in about 3 days. We managed to stay at higher elevation and Karma took care of us in lower elevations throughout an unusual cool day even going through Moab, Bluff, the lower plains. It was a great ride with the winds carrying us on.

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

Edited by beemerchef

i-sDqwDcT-L.jpg

I can think, on Muley Point. UT

Colorado bound, yet cool weather, quick thinking at the last chance, the last intersection I could make a left instead of a right and Muley Point, Utah, it was. A few cars at the first look out, no one at the last one, the one I call “The Point of the Point”. What a gift it has been, great temperatures, a nice wind blowing away, almost cold throughout the night and a few photos, Sunset, Sunrise, a new painting for every moment passed. It was a need more than anything else after a few days in Tucson and the heat almost intolerable. We “are” headed toward Colorado, the high altitudes, the passes we can ride, a space we can find where we will settle for a while. We have been moving around too much, there is balance I feel we have lost and the necessary steps are ahead to regain it. To start with the ability to think, as Muley Point has allowed me to do so. The hottest month of the year it is, it is for us the only solution to maintain composure on this path we are on, up and up. Enjoy the photos ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-GWmfwzJ-L.jpg

Beaver Lake, Co.

A picture perfect space and weather and all. Colorado in the summer at higher altitudes is a gem, almost cold at night! As always “Nature” brings on much thoughts unlike this one time World Traveler who told me not to ask myself any questions about Life as it would bring answers and so, more questions. He shall remain nameless. All in such space is in such parallel of mind and body, present times and past memories, some future thoughts, nights and days as all passes on at it's designated speed one moment at the time. We are back in Ouray for one night and back on the road in the morning toward Crested Butte as being there a couple years ago without a chance to really explore it's own spaces. I remember snow throughout those days which I am sure will be melted this month. Spirit as always is having the time of his Life, abundant smells and the cool weather always suit him best. All is well... going down the chosen and sometimes unplanned roads, thinking some and not thinking some but always lots of photos !

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

• 2 weeks later...

i-2FM3wmH-L.jpg

Crested Butte, Lost Lake... more... Co.

The depth of the spaces present have deepened, magic it has been and like floating on those cottonball clouds we witness daily, we are emerging from the bowels of this Journey, time escaping unavailing me to come here and check with my good Friends of this Forum their own ongoing summer. There seem to be always the occasion to post an entry into the Journal as all is written on my phone off line and my photos are moved on also off line with now the help of portable solar power. A couple entries later, here we are again on this pages while physically in and around Lake City, San Cristobal Lake, reminiscing about those past entries when camped at Lost Lake and also visiting more than once Crested Butte, CO. We have been to Colorado before! Why is it only now the repercussions of it's space conductive to my seeking have come forward? Maybe we were not looking deep enough, maybe we were not ready. So many roads, so many dirt roads, lakes, little towns each with their own charm, so much more... and so many photos .

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-CdgFNnn-M.jpg

Lake City, Lake San Cristobal, CO.

There is as a medical condition while being on the road, a “malady” I call it. The path of the mind becomes wide open emptying itself from the mundane traffic jams, the imperceptible fills up it's space, the detailed lightly brushed surroundings suddenly become the deepening aspect of what one notices. What I notice anyhow... It is as a different Life takes effect, different values, colors and even smells unlike a path I cannot even remember from the past even if so exposed to it at times while running through towns and cities when such becomes a must.

Amongst all the towns we have gone through, Lake City has taken a forefront seat. So has Lake San Cristobal where we had the good fortune camping high up perched on the cliffs about maybe at the most 15 feet away from the ledge. From the Lake toward Creede and South Fork, all in between, dozens of unpaved roads await each with their own silhouettes of a mountain set as always incredible backgrounds.

It is endless truly, so endless that I think next summer such roads will be seeing us for a few months enticed also by the permanent cool weather present.

The photos for sure have been fun to take...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

• 2 weeks later...

i-TkNMLLK-L.jpg

We are here and there... NM, CO.

Moving on fast lately. From Colorado to a few “HOT” days at “The Oasis”, back in Tucson and at the present time nearing San Luis Obispo for a few days. Will be dropping to San Diego next week for a few needed nights and finally on back to Texas... I think! The imprints are of many, they are now marked on the map for some return visits when the times will be more leisurely as I will announce soon the reason for all this traveling, which I do not call “living on the road”. Such an incredible diversity this Country offers I realize when such occasion makes us go the miles with a pace we are truly not use to. Yet as I have given us plenty of a head start the days do linger and the many miles in big numbers are not needed. Texas was of an oven turned up on convection, it was one of those rare and actually unique time for us to be there. Like a hammer it dropped on our heads but we made it as we will the rest of this route. We will see the Ocean today, the Beaches, always a soothing time and hopefully some cooler weather.

Los Cruces was a nice stop for us with our Friends. Jake took the time to take us to his favorite own personal space, some desolate BLM Land not too far.

Enjoy the photos ... keep checking the new entries, sometimes the connection are rare and my visits to this Forum becomes difficult.Sometimes...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

5th year on the road...

i-bBvHg77-L.jpg

Rocks, Wind and Water... CA

We sure have been moving around a lot lately. October will see us back at “The Oasis”, the weather should be by then cool enough to catch up on projects lingering now for years such as the Book, organizing our Smugmug Gallery and officially opening the “one-pan recipe” e-store maybe even mixed in with some cooking and camping gear well tried and proven to excel over these past years. In the meantime it was San Luis Obispo avoiding Los Angeles, Pismo Beach with a few nights sleeping right on the sand and listening and feeling the magic of the Ocean, now in Davis visiting our Friends before we head South to San Diego for the last leg of this logistical approach of a sponsorship which will be unveiled by the end of this month. An aspect which will facilitate our Journey... We stopped at “Joshua Tree National Park” for more magic under deep gray skies, a bit of rain, all good enough to cool us down and freeze some of the silhouettes present with the camera. Peaceful times, moving right along one day at the time.

Enjoy the photos and all...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Our Photo Gallery in the works...

5th year on the road under the Stars

i-FGTCdv3-L.jpg

Southbound in California...

Sitting in San Diego right now for a few days, more precisely “Chula Vista”, awaiting for this final leg of what I feel a whirlwind passage through California. I still feel as being in a different country! We detoured through Davis for a few days visiting some Dear Friends of ours, we even stopped in Los Angeles, I think it was Sherman Oaks spending then one afternoon in “Venice Beach”, being driven luckily as I don't think we would have made it out of the Freeways in one piece and now here. Back to Tucson in a few days, Show Low and even a stop in Phoenix for a quick repair next week. These days even with much anticipated apprehension have been as chapters playing within this path so different for us and the thought alone of “The Oasis” awaiting for us I must say calms me down. Spirit himself now has been quiet, this also is not his element, what a patient being he has been all along. I think we will manage to go back as we did a few years ago to “Anza Borrego”, catch a Sunset, practice a bit of deep breathing while away from it all even if it is just for one day...

Enjoy the photos , from the Wine Country, Highway #1, Venice Beach and more...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

• 2 weeks later...

i-PRTQV2S-L.jpg

“Sherpa”, our new Friend coming to Texas with us...

I can only think good “Karma” when today “Old Faithful” is following behind us toward Texas. An “ECamper” from “Ursa Minor Vehicles” in Chula Vista, CA, on an “all wheel drive” Honda Element, lifted 3 inches by CCM in San Luis Obispo. Feels very strange. Yet, the road beat us up these past years and from point A to point B this will be a shelter, well, maybe “deserved”? Park anywhere and in less than one minute the pillow will find it's place and so will Spirit's cushion and blanket and warmth when needed. Not a permanent fixture, we will mix it up at times continuing with “Old Faithful”, at times as I see snow photos in my mind, with “Sherpa” alone, often the complete convoy!

It is winter approaching and this new Friend is more than welcome. I keep thinking daily positive feelings while planted on this path chosen and one after another the generosity of many does not cease to amaze me. The breakdown not long ago with a list of contributors I have finally started to thank personally, the negative results of a biopsy, and now “Sherpa” opening new horizons of Adventures within a vast array of destinations independent from harsh weathers.

We shall be back at “The Oasis” in a couple of days literally picking up the pieces of our tent that has blown away, did not withstand 100mph+ winds! Did not expect it. I was lazy to put away this monster whose fabric alone weighs 86lbs... Will now put up a smaller one and use the wood stove as a smoker much needed... It always works out.

More on the Journal ...

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

i-vRp6sfz-L.jpg

A speechless Stage... Hwy # 79, AZ

We are at “The Oasis”... we made it, trying to sort “things” out and pick up the pieces of this tent blown away by a choleric Mother Nature one night. Actually strange enough I don't see it anymore, the beauty of the surroundings and the calmness that lives here surpasses this bit of destruction.

But my last entry was taken on this Highway which gifted us that afternoon and evening with a Sunset show unparalleled from times past. So much so, we found a side road and stood there for the longest time mesmerized by the changing cloud formations, lights as on a dimmer switch ending up as an almost glaring orange on the road past a bit of rain, the birds in unison in concert and the coyotes applauding. It was just one of those times which will forever be remembered. This is of course after hitting a sand storm a few miles before giving that particular stage an eerie feeling, something one will only see in the Movies!

Time is again escaping me, an easy task here while making it all habitable but definitely not unpacking...

Enjoy the photos .

Be safe and well.

Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

i-F9fp7dG-L.jpg

A Birthday filled with “Hope”. TX

This week has not been about riding. A big weight descends always on Lance's Birthday, the mind takes a path always unexpected nourished only from this avenue we embraced 5 years ago. I go back 34 years when my flesh and blood screaming and rambling already in his own ways suddenly appeared, I was not aware at the time he would be such an Old Soul staying around only long enough to give me some of his wisdom and pave today's moments, the present and near past. I today so much realize the Wealth within he has given me. The ability emanating from my own desire to roam and take in Mother Nature's constant offerings, my Buddy Spirit, my constant shadow and immediate support never for one instant failing with his own gifts, my constant growing list of Friends unknown not so long ago showering me with always kind words, support and understanding of maybe this “odd” path we are on and with “hope” that myself am worthy of their time and relationship.

Today is such a special day, I can close my eyes and relive that day past, the one justifiably we call “Birth Day” for now I understand also all of the right reasons. A quiet day. Moment by moment after a Sunrise ride on Aqua Fria Rd yesterday. A beautiful simple Sunrise to celebrate this very special week .

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

our new Photo Galleries...

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com

5 years, the Stars, living under them...

• 2 weeks later...

i-6MdTZ3Z-L.jpg

Days of “Paradise”. TX

Romancing the Road surfaces within these present times when the feel and the act of the season changes are imminent. When suddenly there is a table ahead of me and not a handlebar. When I am reading in the darkness of the evening which approaches by the day faster, others past rides, drives, hikes. When the maps are laid out instead of a glance toward a GPS and slowly eyes half closed, head resting on a pillow the imagination runs wild and the questions of if we have been here or there arises to no end. A cold spell was welcome a few days ago, again the heat has come back yet without it's past degrees, however enough to harbor shade with a big welcome. I feel as we are in between costume changes, as the stage is turning around on it's own axis not quiet yet and smooth on gears which makes her hesitate.

“Mariscal Mines” in the Big Bend Park had been calling since last winter. We could not make due with the present road. We end up in the heat of “Terlingua Abaja” instead, a road a bit friendlier. The Sunrise at “Santa Elena Canyon” one morning offered a state of mind unlike any others while within the solitude of the tall rocks. It offered photos I now cherish, the ones which bring me the coolness of that morning. A ride to one of my favorite little town “Alpine” discovering “Murphy Street” which slowly is dressing up in vivacious colors.

The heated gear will be out soon... no doubt, I now feel it throughout every night.

The writing goes on, the photos show up and a couple entries later standing in the middle of this vast one million acre land here we are!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal

www.beemerchef.smugmug.com The Photos

• 2 weeks later...
Always love your posts & images, Ara, especially when Spirit is in it. Love me some dog. :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! He is the best...

i-nRmSNXP-M.jpg

These past days at and around “The Oasis”, TX

It is Halloween night... I doubt anyone will find us while out “trick or treating”... Maybe “we” should go there as it seems this year everyone is really going all out for the fun. Maybe a sign of the times trying to put away the daily increasing burdens which too much I think is being written all over the place...

A few rides in Big Bend National Park lately, we love riding those roads, we love being spoken rudely by a Ranger as he even makes a fist branding it back and forth to show me how to restrain Spirit on a leash as he was going to start boxing... and that is without even getting out of his car. I have no clue why “we” have to pay the price almost ruining our moments only because of other irresponsible ones and their Dogs. But, whatever... Smile and go on it was. I only nodded, words were not needed.

It will be the “Day of the Dead” Celebration soon in a couple evenings. Always a special night at Terlingua's “Ghost Town” with many Friends, much food, music and I hope the annual bonfire...

Spending much time trying to fill and put the finishing touches to this “one-pan recipe” store. Everything as in Life takes twice as long as imagined and twice as hard. Should be soon if I was told the codes (???) decide to cooperate. We are so due for some unknown destination once all is settled as the weather has finally turned just right. Perfect I would say.

More photos of the Ghost Town Ghost Town we stopped by last night to witness an incredible Sunset and also Part II of our ride on River Rd last week.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-P2sHpCk-M.jpg

Day of the Dead, 5 Years later. Terlingua. TX

I was under the impression this one being Monday and the thought of loosing one or two calendar days comes to me at the present as the most “worthy” luxury one can posses. For the best, even better, it is “free”. I don't really know if it takes much practice or if I have just fallen into the path, but it is present or as I think it “the present is not”. Another “Day of Dead” has just come and gone also marking our 5 year Anniversary on the road since we left the Georgia/Florida area, strangely enough, having not been back yet. It is only a number, I keep thinking so unimportant truly, yet it has marked a milestone and has woken me up realizing all the lessons such time has taught and the fact that it is grand time to put it all in perspective applying myself better toward this chosen path. It is grand adventures ahead, more than ever even if winter is almost here, present right now actually for many, meaning for us to sit a bit tight and catch up on some logistics better weather does not allow... because, we don't sit still long enough to do so. As always it was the time to see again the locals of Terlingua gathered around food, much chatting but no bonfire this year. Enjoy the photos and the video in this new http://theoasisofmysoul.com/ entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-vk2csFR-L.jpg

All in a detour... TX

Strangely enough one as myself sometimes does not realize what is for grabs right under their nose such as into the spaces we went on for a few days. East and a bit North. Del Rio with it's beautiful “Amistad Lake”, Sabinal with “Nora's Tacos”, “Lost Maples State Park”, “Lone Star Motorcycle Museum” and there would have been more if the weather would have cooperated. Last minute change after a glance at the forecast and I repacked everything on Sherpa's back! Yes, it was strange, did not feel quite right as it will never be as such going down the road with “Old Faithful”, but, having a quick shelter, not needing rain gear per say, having the heater on and listening to my favorites tunes, well, as everything it was a good compromise this time around. Spirit sure enjoyed it... It was more of a need to get away as anything else, it was wanting to feel the wanderlust since we had been here for a couple weeks now only taking on local rides. Once North of Sabinal, passed Utopia, the roads turn into Motorcycle riding Heaven and the next time around it will be “Old Faithful” leading the ride. Plenty of photos... some more Music... the Museum was great! Long Journal Journal entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-6rs2D7F-L.jpg

Soul Shuffling... TX

The not so long ago “broken down situation” has since hit me hard throughout this “on the road” path taken. It was I must say the most embarrassing moment I have had, probably throughout my whole existence which has always been self sufficient. There was no “Plan B”, the thought of “Old Faithful” as such was in my mind an almost impossibility. Not so, obviously and naively I must say. Regardless the reasons why someone such as me at the age of 63 ends up with no financial savings, in this instance covering Lance's medical bills, a Child with no Health Insurance in this “not so kind” health care entity, the path has been irresponsible, unpredictable and unstable. We were saved, literally, by the many so kind readers of ours, Friends. This cannot happen again and will not. Winter times are setting in, we are not moving around as much and “time” these past few weeks has allowed me to open a new section within the Journal sharing my “one-pan recipes” in the form of an e-store and also populating my Photo Galleries. They are both work in progress as more recipes will be added as we go along, as I cook along, and more photos are also uploaded as I go through the 100,000 or more of those pictures taken these past five years. In the meantime here, at “The Oasis”, the weather has been more than perfect. Local rides, cooking for some Friends, The Annual “Alpine Art Walk” is happening this weekend, the “Big Bend State Park” is also calling us for some camping days in a bit of a different environment. I am thinking maybe exploring “Baja” soon. Will see...

Enjoy the recipes recipes... the photos... there will be more.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-NmGVRdV-L.jpg

“Gratitude” and the “Alpine Art Walk”. TX

So much going on at the present time. Inward, outward. All at the right time throughout this “Thanksgiving” week. I stumbled on a great video which I posted on the Journal Journal and as I hope you give it the 6 minutes it takes to watch it, you will realize how could I avoid sharing it with all. I watch it every morning when a connection is available. A reminder to stay grounded “now” and take in a present Life we should all be so thankful about. A far cry from times past in my Life on this path when the steps only took place in this dark tunnel with seemingly no light ever even flickering. All is now so much brighter. It all came about ahead of a fabulous weekend when the “Alpine Art Walk” was taking place which we attended both days. As always great Art displayed, smiling and friendly faces, and a parade of “Art Cars” entertaining more than ever. I also produced a video for that event and another one when the butterfly bicycles where riding around and around! You will just have to watch that one also. One more... a reminder that the “One-Pan Recipe” store is open. Would love to hear feedback, it is and always be work in progress... All this has not left much time for riding. Have to fill that void now as we will be taking off toward “Big Bend State Park” tomorrow morning. A quiet Thanksgiving we will have as soon as I find a patch of dirt to set up our tent for a few days. The weather? Perfection. Cannot ask for more.

Enjoy... we did.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-L755p5n-L.jpg

“TASCATE 2”... A Star? Yes... TX

Totally enlightening few days Spirit and I roaming “Big Bend Ranch State Park”. Another million acres of desolate land set aside for us it seemed liked with so few others most likely because everyone being so scattered. All unpaved, some decent ones, some bad ones meaning “good” and some we ourselves did not attempt! The campsites are solitary, miles away from each other, it is as the bare spaces are on loan for the duration to be enjoyed, for one such as myself rummage the mind and soul of this Life I have chosen. Clear skies one day with mid thirties throughout the consecutive nights, clouds another day offering the most incredible Sunset witnessed on Thanksgiving Day, and rain for the remainder. Much needed yet allowing us to exit with much ease. It is not designed for an overnight camping! Sauceda, the Welcome Center, is out of the way, it is a space to enjoy for days on end, bags filled with provisions, they do have water. Off Road motorcycles were of a few, 4x4's and a few horses. Probably the most convenient way to get around. It was good, it was better than that!

Enjoy the photos photos and the cooking!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-hMvhVKn-L.jpg

On “Oasis” time, our time… TX

The weather has been some form of a miracle this week, Sunrises and Sunsets as never seen before, I even asked myself the question “what is going on?”. My own way to take it all in has been “doing nothing”. Trying anyhow. Just be within this Paradise absorbing every minute given with no relief yet in sight. It could also be taking it all in because we are in route for Austin next week, celebration for two Dear Friends of ours in conjunction with Lone Star’s BMW Christmas Party (???) on Saturday the 10th. Ardys Kellerman and Voni Glaves having reached their Million Mile marker each on their motorcycle. A Lifetime achievement I would say. It will be a nice ride for us, rain or shine, another stage filled with Friends I am sure. “Old Faithful” did get some care though this week, one set of headlights working again, brake fluid change, new handlebar grip covers and a windshield extension. All with the Hippos (hand covers they are) should keep the wheels rolling in a bit more comfort. Spirit has always his cover when the skies start dropping on us, also shelters him from the cold winds if ever. We are prepared… always. Almost forgot! Much Music on Sunday in front of the Starlight’s Parking lot. Yes, that is how it happens here. Friends get together and make Music.

Enjoy the video video…

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

5 years, the Stars, living under them…

So Ara, did Spirit join in and provide some accompaniment? :grin:

Of course... he does the "background howling"... B flat... :grin:

i-tpN8CLP-L.jpg

And another Sunday in and around Terlingua. TX

My chronological aspect of writing and then on visiting here I am finding odd at times while loosing track of it's days. Does it really matter? We were there... we saw... we felt! Sundays are becoming a ritual riding to Terlingua. It actually started with a planned ride to Big Bend National Park and on to Marathon, to Alpine and back to “The Oasis”. Less than half way through some bad weather turned us around, some good Karma took us back to The Porch, even better, a big crowd were finishing the “Crazy Bicycle Race” (why not? Have to devise some self entertainment often enough) and another big crowd with their arms filled with Musical instruments entertained us. Again. New faces, new sounds and much talents later why not at 5pm endure the good and filling $1 Tacos at the Starlight Theater Restaurant. A cool ride back, mind, body and soul satisfied and filled to the brim with goodness... what more can one ask on a December day?

Photos, thoughts, videos... enjoy them all on the Journal Journal.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

http://www.youtube.com/user/beemerchef?feature=mhee

The Videos

i-CbMmHbq-L.jpg

Roller Coaster Days... Austin, TX

I differ agreeing with some to the fact that my Journal can be controversial. I do agree with the fact if awaiting for a physical ride report, it is just not it. It can be very boring for the ones that search for such pages within the ones I have written. I think photos left untold can portray better than words. How many times could I have written “We rode 176 miles, stopped to eat a Cheeseburger and drunk a Coke, we got fueled up, the Sun was bright, the engine roared at over 100mph... and we almost hit a cow” and on and on... It is not. I simply think if it is the case, everyone is then on “controversial” as each of us are so uniquely molded to be who we are, do what we do and think how we think. There are not two alike individuals. It is what makes the Spice of this Life. Everyone has their own intricate path coming and going and everyone is riding this roller coaster we are on, up and down, fast and slow. I just happen to write as such for each turn of the wheels. Our wheels. That is about all so very plainly said. I run away from controversy, as fast as we can...

I always take away and remain with good memories as was our few days in Austin. I instantly went on overload mode, it went away. Outstanding hospitality, Friends taking us out on the town and foremost Ardys “One Million Mile” ridden Celebration at “Lone Star BMW” Dealer in conjunction with their Christmas Holiday Open House with such an incredible array of food.

Now back at “The Oasis” after a good old time ride, meaning cold, rain and fog, I am nursing this cold and sore throat! Everything comes to a halt... Spirit has to also endure my lethargic time for now.

Maybe too many photos on the Journal Journal today!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-Nk47sXB-L.jpg

A “Colorful” Christmas Week... TX

"Winter Soltice Day"... The shortest day of the Year, Sunrise in company of the Moon.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to all our Friends, from Spirit and I, wishing for Life's path to smile on yours with much Health and Happiness as it should be.

It has been a trying week! Finally, a bit late but did it anyhow, a visit to the Dr ending up with a couple shots and much antibiotics which are barely doing now their job making me feel 3/5 human instead of none these past days. Enduring some bitter cold and even snow in Alpine, not happy with the heating solution anymore, something has to change, I know I am getting softer by the year and yet rare are these frozen nights and days.

I feel as these past times have been as a forced mental vacation flowing also on the physical side as efforts are just worthless. Sleep, read, try to eat... repeat! Poor Spirit did not get much of any enjoyment throughout his own days but I think he is happy having also done some catching up on his own sleep... I can hear him snoring right now, a nice and peaceful sound as probably he often hears me as such!

It is on to Terlingua today and have a meal with some good Friends, it is nice and nicer to have access to driving a car!!! I do have a big smile behind the steering wheel when the conditions are this rough. Like a kid driving for the first time... I remember those days.

Enjoy the black and white photos on this “Colorful Christmas Christmas”!... stay safe.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com The Journal/You Tube Videos

i-cq4CtTd-L.jpg

Strings attached or not?... Texas.

No week is ever alike, and neither not a single day or hour or minute for that matter as forward is always the constant motion, the non changeable common denominator of our Lives. The ones of 2011 somehow are passing by me as a fast forward reel, every frame inducing such mixed emotions and yet, encompassing past Health issues, mechanical ones, here we are... all well, only missing to hear that 12th ring of the clock with my so much missed Lance. It stuns me always. The motion thought of how did this all happen? A mystery I try to not rebel against anymore, the always “bitter-sweet” thoughts. “My “Gratitude” emerges as learned these past Years. It is a must as to not sink in into a space where I was on the first curves of this Journey of ours. I have so many to “Thank” for. Spirit “my shadow” and the extension of my being here “now”, my many Friends and their incredible support always myself hoping I am worthy of their embrace, Mother Nature having been kind to us even on her days of dark and cold and somber days. Our complete surrounding as it is always “what it is” I bow to with much acceptance.

This past week has been cooking a private dinner mixed with a slide show and some videos played, some of our experiences, spaces we have lived on. It has been rewarding. So much so I would love to offer more of those and share as such with others throughout the Country we criss cross. It has been a Doctor's visit finally and much medicine to get over this non sense of a bronchitis. Letters from another Traveler questioning his own Journey and my replies... Never a dull moment.

Wishing you all the Best and Happy and Healthy upcoming new 2012 Year...

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

Edited by beemerchef
and a Safe, Happy and Healthy New Year to you and Spirit, Ara. :)

Thank You... Likewise...

i-w4JXqzX-L.jpg

And which “Face” should we wear? Texas

The Journal is some paragraphs I wrote over the course of the week leading to New Year's Day. The end of the Year brings on many thoughts as I am sure with everyone, it brings the streamline of the outstanding episodes of months past. Maybe some resolutions are taken, maybe not? Forward momentum is always a good one. Terlingua, mainly the Porch, was an entertaining and kind space for us to spend the Eve and the Day back to back. Much Music, many Friends, Dogs running everywhere, the black-eye pea cook off with again more Music, the best decision for us escaping the sometimes too much solitude of this time of the year. All that chatting with familiar faces and new ones never met before made me think about our reach with each other. For lack of better word, I used “face”. It came to me because we are who we are so deeply spending time projecting our “inner” face, when alone, when “riding” as far as concerning myself, but I am sure for others when driving, sailing and more. And why so have the “proper” face when with Friends... why not be “truly” who we are all the time, speaking freely always from the Heart. I know, all this might be so complicated, but in reality is not... as someone wrote "People are always telling me that I let folks “know too much” about me…but I feel that I am who I am…".

Enjoy the Videos Videos, it was some real good Music and good People...

Be well. Ara and Spirit

i-QcbnKSF-L.jpg

1,895 or so Days later, my 700th Journal entry. TX

All is a bit overwhelming when I think of so many taking a week off or maybe two, barely enough time to taste what the Road offers. It is overwhelming to feel as we have just left and yet such time has passed on. It does not seem time means anything anymore, only the "moment" does, "now".

A huge Gift came our way a couple days ago in the form of an incredible time while riding Big Bend National Park. That's Texas. I knew the moments leading to Sunset were going to be spectacular. Cloud formations of all shapes and colors played incessantly in turmoil and at times calm as on cue for each minute passed. “ Sotol Sotol Look Out” was were I wanted us to be when those final moments took place, when finally through myriads of hues of reds and crimson and magentas and so much more splashed against the skies background.

One of those Days again which will remain forever in the pages of my own memory and one I share here and on the Journal with the photos taken, and a video.

The game of repacking has already started. Not a strange fact that we are going West instead of East, again! And who knows truly which direction we will go. Nothing written in stone till we pull out. Whatever feels good and right, that is the key encompassing the quality of the moment and not quite as much the destination or it's quantity.

• 2 weeks later...

i-3ccrxk6-L.jpg

We will be escaping the January Blues... TX

I am writing these lines already from Las Cruces, New Mexico, where parked for a couple nights at some Dear Friends Home going over some maps of the State and... eating good food! Spirit is playing with Luca, Guy and Jones! You have never seen four dogs as such having the time of their lives. “The Oasis” is behind us. Took a while to pack as we are trailering “Old Faithful” with “Sherpa”, a new set of logistics, a bit odd for us, strange and yet comfortable for these winter times as expecting to hit some snow and bad weather. It sure was nice yesterday morning to drive away in freezing temperatures with the heater on and some tunes carrying us away toward this destination. The last days in Texas where spend with much mechanical preparations, new tire, oil change, this and that while going over the machines that will carry us these coming couple months till we return for even more mechanical aspects on “Old Faithful” early April, changing the rear main engine seal before the oil sippage reaches the clutch! Before it turns into a leak.

Very exciting times, it was a must to get away from the too much comfort those few acres left behind where providing us, it is a mental must to experience new spaces as we are going to...

The Journal Journal says it all.

Be well... Always.

Ara and Spirit

www.store.theoasisofmysoul.com

The Recipes

i-4FpQjRM-L.jpg

From the “Three Rivers Petroglyphs” site... NM

I think I have seen this Photo in a Magazine. Something about it I like. This whole area is to be liked, this above included within the White Dunes National Monument where we spend the whole day going around and around awaiting an incredible Sunset as the clouds filled the skies to no end. Not quite cold yet, the nights are and wondering how far North we will push. Slowly getting into getting use to such temperatures as I know we have seen nothing dramatic yet. Maybe a mild winter it will be. New Mexico! I always wonder when in a new space why we have never been here? Time and the fashion we travel or more likely live on the road with no schedule and limitations, the days passing by, decisions taken only when a fork is present. Luck again was on our side discovering this isolated BLM Campground only yards away from over 20,000 Petroglyphs and a dirt road into the Sacramento Mountains. We will be here for a while, “a while” having no definition for us...

Enjoy Enjoy the centuries old “tablets” as I have been calling them. I think they are the original I-Pads!

Be well... Always.

Ara and Spirit

The Recipes

• 2 weeks later...

i-Wj54mcR-L.jpg

“Gotta' Keep Movin' on” . NM

Camping at “Three Rivers”, New Mexico, has only been the tip of the iceberg. This great gifted State we have never quite explored before however is still in it's cold state of mind with shorter days increasing the logistical difficulties. Maybe not difficulties, only the discipline getting back to camp for some dinner cooking, feeding Spirit before darkness prevails. Ah! Just short days...

Besides the many branched out unpaved roads present, a single area with over 20,000 Petroglyphs, a little Church at the bottom of the adjacent Mountains where we spend the day on Lance's Eight year passing away Anniversary, one of the main highlights has been the White Sands Dunes National Monuments. Wishing we could have stayed there for days even if the winds sandblasted us and yet having enough reprise to take some photos of the area on a day so lucky with the skies filled with clouds.

A couple couple entries, has been quiet times, painful on January 26th, another year ahead of us to confront and stay strong. Thank you for your support...

Be well... Always.

Ara and Spirit

The Recipes

i-9GJSCch-L.jpg

Fort Stanton. Ghost Town. NM.

It seems as throughout our wanderings, there is always a harsher reality when the Human element has come into play with the space we are planted on. Such was the case while in Fort Stanton, New Mexico. It was as instantly Mother Nature gave away what could have just been rolling hills and a landscape so inviting while on the way. Buildings after buildings, now unoccupied, vestiges of past History, only the winds of a different pitch were the sounds of what was once filled with voices of Human presence. I read the words and pages of such History and can only find an unfairness of past acts, I know of a touchy subject, maybe taboo for most, and yet without personally much comprehension on how such greed has lead to such times. “Riding”, “The Road”... all are such incredible sources of constant thoughts, it is when they enter the mind and the thinking goes on and on, so much so I can only pull over to write them down with always the fear I will forget, or better often dictate as the memory can linger and loose them, loose the correlation between my own present time and those words making their way, jumping in some sort expressing their own reality. Yes, Fort Stanton is worth the visit. You can read about how it made me feel, maybe your own take will be different.

Be well... Always.

Ara and Spirit

www.store.theoasisofmysoul.com The Recipes

http://www.printfection.com/spiritedoasis T Shirts and more

• 2 weeks later...

i-4jXPdKW-L.jpg

Mystified in Death Valley, NV.

This time around we are here for about a month as already a week has passed. Fast it goes within this incredibly immense stage. Stage which is also the death of any kind of Internet connection, it is Nature and us and some unseasonably warm weather. Some nice clouds here and there, sunrises ans sunsets always a treat while cooking dinner in the open air, nothing like it. Yet, the space has been a bit intimidating. As I see groups riding, driving, I feel as being by ourselves a bit more caution is a must around here. Point A to point B is always a lot of miles and even though we have a SPOT and a SAT phone with the local numbers (911 from a SAT phone goes to New Jersey!) and it has taken me a bit to absorb what this area is all about. A winter in Death Valley! Thinking snow and cold as our previous short trips here, instead mid seventies every day... Good Karma!

Enjoy the Photos... Enjoy the Photos...

There will be more as we are able to connect.

Be well... Ara and Spirit

www.printfection.com/spiritedoasis T-Shirts and more

• 2 weeks later...

i-BGr82Xz-L.jpg

Lost in Death Valley. NV

3 millions of acres this time around with incredible weather which does not cease to amaze me. Pass up the “tourist” traps, the paved roads and what is left are miles of unpaved paths, most with more washboard I have ever felt. Yet the worth is present when we can spend nights and days without hearing anyone present. As long as we have water! Death Valley started very intimidating, mainly because we are by ourselves, even equipped with a SAT phone and a SPOT it would not be a scenario of substance to break down. Most I come across are in groups, a wise aspect. I did see my share of it with others and their flat tires, so far we have done well and moving on smartly. A couple more weeks probably before we have to head back to Texas, “Old Faithful” is being technically overhauled. I cannot think about it yet, I am falling in Love with Death Valley and finding ways to survive camping free, shower free, a bit of wifi and cell service here and there and that is it. More on the Journal...

Be well, Ara and Spirit.

www.printfection.com/spiritedoasis T Shirts and more

i-3N5JkLb-L.jpg

Imperfect Perfection. Death Valley. CA

If nothing else we have joined the mile marker "Tea Kettle" en route for the "Racetrack". Yet, there is much more when one has the chance to spend camping a few nights in that desolate space. It feels "way out there" and it is. No light pollution, a few tourists throughout the day a couple miles away, coming in and getting out as fast as they did. Sometimes I don't know why they bother, some not even removing their helmets or a quick window down and up, quick photo and back to where they came from. Mystery.

Spirit had a blast on the Playa which reminded me a bit of the "salt flats" only smaller. One on one, closer we have become. There is a promised certitude of not leaving such a space being the same person inside out. Changes happen as it has happened. It has been a space like no other I must say leaving me to often speechless throughout the time spend.

The "Racetrack" will become as "Valley of the Gods" have, most likely a once a year pilgrimage.

More photos on the Journal...

Be well, Ara and Spirit.

i-HQt7zzj-L.jpg

One Bad Day for all the Good Days. DV. CA.

Just stepped out of the Park heading South East through Mojave National Preserve. I could not find any room in my heart to go back through Las Vegas, Phoenix and Tucson.. It is a bit bitter~sweet today leaving. Leaving while discovering more spaces we could be camping on while the entity of this enormous Park finally has turned into Friendliness. “Warm Springs” Rd off “West Side Rd”, “Hole in the Wall”, “Echo Canyon”, “Skidoo”, “The Racetrack”, “Marble Canyon”... and the names could go on and on. One bad day in exchange for all the good days while being here, it happens everywhere, mental downfall as much as physical when such a storm as in the recent past days takes place. “Death Valley” has now taken a different form in my mind, it has become a bit more familiar and yet, demanding a respect due for every moment spend.

It has been quite an experience, another landmark we will come back to no doubt.

More Photos on the Journal and a quote from “Spirit”

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-mh4rf5z-L.jpg

I need a “wake up” call. Texas.

“Death Valley” is behind us, physically only, my Soul has yet to leave “Warm Springs” Rd, the hills off “Skidoo” Rd and the few others we were lost on. Since exchanging thoughts with others having also experienced “Death Valley” I have been pleased to know that I have not been the only one a bit “intimidated” by such vastness. It has a been what I call a “Life changing experience”. It has reinforced how strongly is the need for “getting lost”, how fully such isolation avoiding the “tourist traps” can keep us afloat days on end. We are now back at “The Oasis” where the skies on the first night welcomed us as never before with a Sunset of epic proportion. The photo above is only one of them, all taken within less than a two hour span. We did drop south through Mojave National Preserve, finding more primitive camping by the Kelso Dunes, and then on “Belle” campground in Joshua National Park, this time around a bit quick for our taste but we needed to get back here and apply myself to some logistical issues. A few days, some serious maintenance and on again...

Enjoy... Enjoy...

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

• 2 weeks later...

i-CVHtXJm-L.jpg

Always "rediscovering" myself... Texas.

The route back from Death Valley took us through Mojave and Joshua Tree. We just could not make it a straight line to "The Oasis", this space awaiting for us "again", right now a bit hotter than what we would like to be, yet, with not much of a choice considering "Old Faithful" will be soon in a few days going through some major overhauling. Patience. Death Valley was as kicking us out or sucking us right back in. A ride report! It is never a physical ride report. The stages we are on play too much of their own feelings toward my senses, my Soul, my mind... It has become endless, it has become my own "World" as I discovered for the first time not long ago, just a few days past, it is "OK" to be in our own "World". It is fine even if so not agreable by many for the only reason of it being so different with the lack of switches and a comfort seeked. The "comfort" is within, the dimmers have too often a mind of their own moved around by so many tangents I can only be ahead of them all or too often behind.

So we are here, Spirit with his own freedom to run around as the forever Clown he is and myself these first days being lazy as never before! The word "summer" is sharpening daily. Where will we be? How far can our fuel loosing it's value will take us? Are we going to give in? We cannot. Colorado sounds enticing. The back roads of the many Forest service trails will see us parked and enjoying the coolness of such summer.

In the meantime we are also getting ready for a sharing of the Journey in Albuquerque on April 11th at Sandia BMW Motorcycle Dealer. How to share the so many years within such a short time? A slide show, tid bits on how to move on as we do while writing, photography, meeting new Friends on the shoulders of the roads, the ones paved and unpaved, cooking, all positive aspects of this road taken... The same path will take us to Overland Expo on May 18~19~20ht in Flagstaff. There will be more... Sharing Sharing is what it is all about.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-ttfrjcQ-L.jpg

One Book, a "Milestone". Texas

Standing still. We are. The triple digit on the heat index is not. "That" keeps jumping. We are just so much not used to any kind of heat. The kind that drains, takes away thoughts and any desire to accomplish anything of worth. A couple more days, "Old Faithful" will be taken apart, we will be headed North. Yet, everything happens seemingly for a reason as I seat here and read a Book that is enlightening me. Yes, it is about the struggle of Life when loosing someone Close and Dear. It is as the pages have been written for me, it is about the path we have taken, it is telling me of an approval as never heard or read before. It is liberating to know as such, that once a while back, my decision for these past years and today has been the right one as difficult it can at times be, as challenging the simple aspect of surviving on all aspects month after month can be.

The Journey when we leave will take a turn, I can feel it and know it. So many spaces are awaiting, the ones not many have heard of, the ones one can blend in and be part of it's creation in contemplative aspects so too often ignored by many.

In the meantime, here, evening storms have made for some photos depicting always the beauty of Big Bend Flats which might not be the proper name of this area, but that is what some of us call it. All this is about some rides in the neighborhood.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-JwJ7DSf-L.jpg

Heating up on “Big Bend Flats”. Texas

I write a bit every day. It is part of my breathing it seems like. Breath out to allow breathing in. The heat index should have been proud of reaching the three digits for days on end while having us as a must to remain here. Of course now, this evening, a large storm moved in with much rain, wind and cold air. So my Journal is only true for the past days and not today. Does it really matter? It was then those days past a must to go on riding, hot or not, part of Life's Therapy to ride, a familiar loop to Terlingua, and on River Road to Presidio, Marfa, Alpine and back here. From “inside my helmet” I should often call the pages created. That is when it happens, the voices express themselves. An “Art Show” in Presidio lured us in. The most important aspect of the week however was “Old Faithful” going, not under the knife, but the wrenches. New rear engine main seal, clutch and a variety of maintenance aspects which will allow us to once again get rolling. Was it my doing? Of course not. My ability does not go that far and my good fortune to have a Friend such as Paul in charge of it all, well, there are no words for my gratitude toward him as not only he is the best “mechanic” around, but also an incredible “Human Being” when truly experiencing the Man one on one for a few days. It is all done, finished, rolling... 3 days it took, 3 days of Spirit being unhappy seeing his car away and apart on one wheel! This body is a bit sore from pulling, lifting, aspects uncommon throughout our “regular” days. On to Albuquerque... should be a good ride.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

• 2 weeks later...

i-R3kxDbH-L.jpg

Our “Fate” in Albuquerque. NM

I know it is a Monday. The Dealership is closed. “Old Faithful” is sitting 600 miles from here, should I say “a blown engine”? That is basically what it is! Yes, after spending days changing a clutch and a rear main engine seal. different department! Till this morning, as the expression says, I did not know if I was coming or going. Trying to regroup. Yet, our good fortune tagged right along with us. We limped right into Sandia's BMW Motorcycle Service door! Our Presentation was the next day. They bend backwards and so quickly determined what was wrong. Everything. “Old Faithful” gave it her last breath to take us there. That in itself was amazing. More good Karma as within a couple days a Friend living near by gave us a drive back here to “The Oasis” where we are waiting, unpacking what has been thrown in the car, repacking to hopefully go back soon and continue our Journey. A new engine has been found, 2 years younger and with only 30,000 miles! Will this give us another 250,000 miles to go? Hoping and projecting. It was bound to finally happen, Nothing lasts forever and I am so thankful all is falling nicely together even though my emotions are at their highest. The Presentation went very well to a full packed house... More on that the next time. The backroads to Albuquerque... Enjoy this new entry.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

i-G7qLdbs-L.png

Trying to swim upstream... Texas

I have to be so glad all this is happening now and not within a hot and dry Desert while isolated and miles away from civilization. “Old Faithful” awaits in Albuquerque. She is in good hands at Sandia BMW Motorcycles, she has the best mechanic taking care of her while a replacement engine is on it's way. 2 years newer, with only 30,000 miles on her, it is as a new heart is being transplanted without loosing her Soul. Yet, it has been strange, specially the first few days. Amazing how a “machine” can develop such a Soul which when not together leaves an empty daily space.

Regardless, our “Presentation” went on real well, the slide show mixed in with a couple of “Spirit's Videos” [of course!], narration of a few close to my Heart destinations, mixing in a bit with tips also throughout the Tech Session that followed, all I must say was entertaining as we also made some new Friends. Standing room only, the hour went by fast as “Old Faithful” was rolled in into the room. I think she also enjoyed the time present with so many.

We should be rolling a week from today... should be as the new engine is being dropped off on Monday. Packing and on our way tomorrow on a slow pace this time exploring more of those back roads around Albuquerque. 55 being one of them.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit Ara and Spirit

i-QD9gSKV-L.jpg

Northbound. In lust with “Carrizozo”. NM

Sometimes it happens as in a few years ago when arriving in Big Bend and Terlingua. There is an indescribable sensation that penetrates one's inner senses and makes it all happen, happen as “I would like to spend some serious time here...”. That is what “Carrizozo” did to me while after leaving “Valley of Fire” [NM] to come into town when my stove lost a part. Will see... might be a good space for next winter.

In the meantime we are circling “Mountainer” having accepted the hospitality of new Friends and tomorrow is “on the way to again Albuquerque” to saddle up with “Old Faithful”.

“Sandia BMW Motorcycles” in Albuquerque I must say has done everything possible for us to get rolling without much delay. Quite a task I must considering installing a new engine and the intricacies of reinstalling the sidecar. A bit more complicated on the GS [R1100] while there is not front frame and engine bolts are forward the main supports.

Seems as it has been an eternity. Seems. Will not be that much longer till the three of us again are reunited and rolling, this time toward Arizona.

Enjoy “Carrizozo” photos photos. There will be more.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

beemerchef

i-stpwstV-L.jpg

More of “Carrizozo” and “Chaco Canyon”. NM

This vast space has touched us. Carrizozo is till fresh in my mind, the quaint feel and friendliness of the locals, the proximity of so many new roads, all makes me want to make it an “Oasis” for us next winter. Will see! Maybe. As everything else on this Journey of ours. “Chaco Canyon” where we also spend a few days, well, none has yet sank in due to the enormity of what we encountered. The past remains of a Culture so intense, the many dwellings standing and preserved from an era when yet “metal tools” where just not around.

“Old Faithful” is up and running. The anticipation of the repairs dollar amount was a shock, of course, like everything else, yet, it has been done right and can only hope many new miles are in store ahead of us.

To compound it all however half of our camping gear has been stolen from one night in Albuquerque, simply lifted off “Old Faithful”, another shock, another setback.

Sometimes the skies open up and the storms drop to no end. That is how it right now feels as we try to move on toward Flagstaff. Check out our Merchandise section...

Enjoy the photos, the roads. On we go for more... Trying!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

• 2 weeks later...
beemerchef

i-76XbPSC-L.jpg

Without a “Philosophy of Life...” AZ

Unusually have not been here in a while. A couple entries on the Journal, the one before last with many more Photos of "Chaco Canyon".Between playing hide and seek with some return and sending oil hoses which were wrong four times [outside vendor], picking up then “Old Faithful” to ride it and trust it, moving on here to the “Mormon Lake” area near Flagstaff, Spirit a bit under the weather with a Vet that wanted a series of expensive tests... Life on the road seems to finally lighten up for a breather before Overland Expo starting in a couple of days.

I had no idea this area is so beautiful and plentiful of unpaved but very well maintained roads. Cool weather throughout the days, cold as we [at least I !!!] like it.

I am slowly trusting this new [for us] engine, the feel is different, stronger of course with only it's 30,000 miles.

There will be a big crowd at Overland Expo, many Friends we only see once a year, some maybe twice. Lots of cooking, chatting, giving a “One~Pan” cooking Class for all the three days. Traveling without refrigeration as we do... simple and clean and good.

There will be I am sure many photos from all attending vehicles, maybe a couple videos, the area is huge. Much excitement ahead I must say...

Till next time. Enjoy the Photos Photos from “Mountainair” all the way to “Mormon Lake” including “Pie-Town”.

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit

• 2 weeks later...
beemerchef

i-Vfs7gwz-L.jpg

All Roads lead to Overland Expo. AZ

The dust has settled from days amongst an Epic wave of vehicles, people, Friends camping with, names which now have faces, dogs, classes, movies and more as I am sure I am forgetting something. Cooking! This Year's Overland Expo was larger than ever, it was an amazing array with everyone present living a common denominator : The Outdoors.

We had arrived early, amazed with the Coconino National Forest and it's hundreds of miles of well maintained unpaved roads and the bonus of some very cool weather. I always feel so ignorant as with in past years “Big Bend”, this stage also was a big green space on the map I had never quite paid much attention to.

Such discovery always makes me smile when I am asked at times “so what are you going to do when you are done?”. One is never done, only rests a few days as it was last weekend.

We are now on our way to Colorado in search for more such roads, elevation and cool weather. It is there awaiting.

Enjoy the many Photos of some truly incredible vehicles. There will be more, the camera did not rest too long.

Be well,

Ara and Spirit.

beemerchef

i-WvkZvM4-L.jpg

Looks like "we are" doing it. AZ

The dust has settled from this past weekend amongst a sea of many Souls everyone on the path of their own direction. Ours will take off tomorrow when we head North for months seeking more beauty, calm days, cooler weather and if lucky isolated spaces with a creek. I know it is awaiting for us. Faith in Life within this direction taken. I am thinking about backtracking a bit and heading out through New Mexico to experience the "Bisti Badlands" if the heat does not chase us away. It has been a bit of a numb week following all the recent past excitements. My sleeping bag has been replaced as also cooking stove and miscellaneous items. As more time goes on I feel as cutting back more and more the luggage volume. Devising different scenarios. Who needs all this! Simplicity is always so much less to try lug around. Anything we have not used for a year or more. Yet, Murphy's Law might prove to the contrary as soon as leaving some items behind. Who was Murphy?

More Photos of Overland Expo on the Journal. Enjoy.

Be well,

Ara and Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...
beemerchef

i-f4P6x2N-L.jpg

Summertime roads... CO

This is the time, the months, these precious moments when being in between four walls with a nice wifi connection is truly rare. These are the times chasing cool weather at high elevations meaning lost on some dirt road opening into a meadow reflecting the blue skies staging the pure and white clouds chasing each other. Sometimes blended with grays by the end of the days. Once in a while, as today, we find us a nice Library as here in “Lake City”, Colorado, and the communication again opens up, catching up on the well being of others, of Friends and acquaintances. I am seeing and feeling Colorado as never before. Maybe as every year that goes by new senses develop? I don't remember the colors so bright and so intense. I don't remember seeing so many unpaved roads going right and left. Posts keep going up on our Journal, we do have a great Webmaster, he makes it so easy for us. New Photos, thoughts, that is what these past years have been about... many thoughts. Maybe too many.

Talk soon and be well... we will be in Colorado for a while, the price of fuel is not much of our Friend lately!

Be well, always.

Ara and Spirit