BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 34 of 182 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 181 182 >
Topic Options
#765500 - 03/13/12 11:31 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
Fubar Offline

Loc: Sarasota, FL
Went on a brew tour.

Started at St. Somewhere in Tarpon Springs, FL. What an amazingly friendly group! I showed up unannounced and right after they finished bottling the latest batch and I got invited in to sample and shoot the bull like they've known me for years. Bob & the crew are making some great saisons. I got invited to lunch and should have gone cuz my next stop wasn't open! 7venth Sun is closed on Mondays as is Dunedin Brewery. So, on to Largo. Got a great po' boy and then hit up a new brewery, Barley Mow, that isn't brewing yet (awaiting license still). Had one from Swamp Head (Gainesville, FL) then on to Willard's Tap House. Forty taps of amazing goodness. Had a Cold Storage Brewing Co. Brown Ale - another local product - then headed for Cigar City for a new Baltic Porter I heard about from the St. Somewhere folks.

That's what I did for 12 hours on my bike yesterday. And I'm doing it again tomorrow. clap

Mark is currently on the road to Castle Anthrax. Please leave your message after the beep.

#765503 - 03/13/12 11:48 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: TEWKS]
roadscholar Offline

Loc: N. Fla.
Have a couple of the GS seats (1150 & 1200) and like them, one of their better seats IMO.

Continuing Tank's fill in the blanks theme, on Sunday I met up with _____ _____ (member here) who was down with some friends and camping in central Fla. It was his first bike week and deciding he wasn't all that interested in mud wrestling, cabbage wrestling, or even midget wrestling, we went out in search of old Florida. After I blasted past without seeing him in Barberville, he chased us down and caught up in Astor. Hugs all around, we hadn't seen him since the last El Paseo I think, where I do remember him saying "you were very lucky to find a woman like that with such poor judgement". grin

Colette and I were on the 800 and he was on his big ____. We rode up the east side of the river thru a couple state forests then took the ferry across and rode some of the smaller scenic trails in Ocala National Forest since the prior day's rains had made the sandier sections tolerable. Then we stopped and walked around in one of the several springs in that area. The first day of daylight saving time was a good one, we made it back to Astor about dark and had some good seafood outside on the water, all in all a great day.

I didn't just ride in on a Buell.

MOA 80884
RA

R1200GS Adv, KTM 950 Adv, F800GS, Husky Terra 650

#765528 - 03/13/12 01:10 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Firefight911]
eddd Offline
Administrator

Loc: Hurricane, UT
Rode the dual-sport into the back country to check out mountain bike trailhead locations. Switching to people-powered two wheels this afternoon.
96 R1100RT - forced retirement at 175,000

Parting out '99 R1100RT. Need anything?

#765545 - 03/13/12 02:16 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: roadscholar]
TEWKS Offline

Loc: Tewksbury, MA.
Originally Posted By: roadscholar
Have a couple of the GS seats (1150 & 1200) and like them, one of their better seats IMO.

Good to hear, thanks Bill. Marty Hill let me toss a leg over his bike and I thought the seat felt great.

Pat

#765601 - 03/13/12 06:04 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: TEWKS]
lawnchairboy Offline
Snuggie Jesus

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
changed this:

to this:

there was a bunch of crap/corrosion under the FPC where it plugged in, the screws from the old FPC had a good bit of corrosion on them. A little sealant on the new underside gasket and hopefully, now no side of the road repair in the future.... knock on wood. old one is in the tool kit in case.

#765673 - 03/14/12 06:07 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: TEWKS]
SteveHebert Offline

Loc: Sweet home Alabamie
Installed the Uni-go mount, changed back to stock exhaust, installed a centech AP-1 (why did I wait so long to do that?), got the pillion seat back from Sargents (one day turn around), and washed the RT.

Going for a 340 mile ride today to retrieve my side cases that I left behind last week at a friends shop.

Life is good!

#765787 - 03/14/12 03:07 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Tank]
Tank Offline

Loc: Brookings, OR
Saga continues , Left Willits in the pouring rain and made good time to a few miles shy of Glenhaven on hiway 20 where my rear tire slowly deflated, quickly put bike on side stand and using air compressed found a rock (?) slash. Two CalTrans worked stopped and one had Hillside Honda on his speed dial. Cool they had a PR 3 in stock and KOA Towing had me at the repair door by 11:00 am.... 12:30 I'm on the road. A heart felt thank to the workers Ken and Jim ...Fishers towing out of Clearlake.... and the fine folks at Hillside Honda, Pulled into Shasta Lake and got a room at Fawncove cabins last night and to day Russel Day-Long is fitting my bike with a new saddle... Its still pouring rain out and I'm in the Library as I type this
BMW r1200rt 09'
BMW f-650 GS 01'
Ducati S2R 1000 07'

#765798 - 03/14/12 03:45 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Tank]
CoarsegoldKid Offline

Loc: Coarsegold, Ca, USA
Who says Cal Trans workers are useless?
clap

'05 R1200RT 105K miles, takes me down the highway.
'13 KTM 690 Enduro R takes me through the woods.

#765847 - 03/14/12 07:44 PM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: roadscholar]
Kenny Haynes Offline
Captain Underpants!

Loc: Friendsville, TN
Thanks for the ONF tour Bill! Great trails and great to see both of you again. Old rural Florida is really cool.

#765951 - 03/15/12 08:15 AM Re: What you did on or to your bike today...... [Re: Kenny Haynes]
mrzoom Offline

Loc: Naperville, IL
Can't ride till after my knee surgery but I can work on the RT.
Changed gearbox oil, Removed wheels,checked rear disc flang for cracks,none, cleaned them and went and had the PR3's mounted at a local shop. Fast and reasonable. I'll use this guy again. His 2 garages-shops were bigger than his house thumbsup
Since it was a nice 75 degree day I then went to the newer BMW store to get some little things. Good help must be hard to find as the very young parts guy could not find gear box crush washers and told me that I needed a trans code before he could find them dopeslap After 2 other parts he couldn't find I gave up and went to check the new rides on my way out. Not one soul in the showroom and I spent 10 minutes there.Do new RT's really cost $24,000???
Got home, fired up MAX BMW's parts and found out that there are no replacement washers for the trans as BMW wants you to buy new plugs but a BMW part number was listed as a side note to washers that will work.What a great place for this kind of info. Guess Junior needs to learn how to research better.
My order of Specto oil had arrived so I cleaned out the cabinet, installed new cardboard mat and stocked up. Included was a cool Spectro oil catalog , something to read at PT. rofl
If everything is under control your not going fast enough!!!

Page 34 of 182 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 181 182 >