IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Looking good Pat. I'm sure you are glad to get rid of the stocker. If not, you should be. Our 600 mile ride home from the UN last summer was pure torture thanks to that stupid stock seat. I still don't have a solution for Danielle's seat, but I managed to land a Rich Maund seat for myself for next to nothing. So far, I have done a 300 mile day on it and all is well.

Thanks Keith! Remembering back to the 05 GS I had & how bad the stock seat was had me convinced to not even give the stocker a try this time.

Pat

Firefight911

Spent several hours and have now gone through the motorcycle closets and cleared them out. Stand by the classifieds!!!! They're gonna blow up with a lot of cool stuff in need of a new home!!!! Just waiting on all the pics to upload.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I ordered a set of Wilbers and some new final drive pivot bearings. The bronze bushings have not been, in my opinion, anywhere near as good as they're supposed to be. Ted Porter agrees.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Beautiful day. Rode to work. Went looking for a degree wheel, couldn't find one. Riding home, took an earlier than normal ramp. E/B 50 was at a dead stop at Folsom. Cars, glass and parts everywhere. CHP showed up just as I got to the mess.

About 300 yards further east, some homeless guy walking his dog on the freeway. Hmmmmm.

Spent the day rid'n in the mountains outside of Los Angeles... and you'd never even know there was a bIg cIty as such, just over da hill. Great 383 mile ride with a great group, that I met through this forum. :thumbsup:

Rode over to meet a riding buddy for a ride and my TPMS indicated 15 lbs on my GS. Quick ride home and switch to the RT and we rode about 300 miles over to the Chiricahua National Monument. Their "scenic drive" goes along a 7K feet crest and although it was 78 degrees, there was snow along side the rode. This is southeast of Wilcox in extremem southeast AZ. Nice ride.

Sounds like a nice ride. Those TPM are worth their weight in gold.

Yes Paul I really like it. This is one of the aftermarket versions that attaches to the valve stem (Tire Gaurd)and the gasket leaked. I put in a new "O" ring and all is well. I actually prefer the aftermarket version (my RT has the OEM) because it will tell me as soon as I turn it on and you don't need to be moving like the OEM.

Paul Mihalka

I have the same system. I also like that the wheel units have replaceable batteries. Don't have to spend $150 for the whole unit when the battery is gone.

Actually, you don't have to replace the $150 unit. I have several times put a link to Advrider where someone opens the unit up, puts in a new battery and reseals it. $2 fix.

dc

Well, I didn't do a thing, but EB and Dennis took my Wee to a mechanic in the Chicago area for evaluation. I FEEL like I did something to my bike, even though I was about 700 miles away. Applause: David and Dennis with support from Steve. :clap::wave::thumbsup::) (HUG emoticon)

Paul Mihalka
Well, I didn't do a thing, but EB and Dennis took my Wee to a mechanic in the Chicago area for evaluation. I FEEL like I did something to my bike, even though I was about 700 miles away. Applause: David and Dennis with support from Steve. :clap::wave::thumbsup::) (HUG emoticon)

Even the longest journey starts with one step... :thumbsup:

Pat, I love the blue piping on your new :Cool: seat!

I installed my new Rox risers on the F650GS along with a longer brake line. Bled brakes for-ever but still soft. Internet research revealed that the GS-911 will bleed the ABS. Bled the ABS and system again and finally, I have brakes. Rode to town, up Emigration Canyon (thought about stopping by to see Susie, but thought we should have called first) then down Parley's Canyon. I think I may need to adjust the Madstad windshield again. :P

Changed brake pads on the front wheel this evening, in preparations for Riding Smart in Brevard next weekend. I am so ready to get out of town, come on Thursday.

The better half and I rode the RT down River Road south on the east side of the Mississippi to Lucher then back north on the west side. We stopped at the Oak Alley Spring Arts and Crafts Fair on the way. Shrimp ettouffe, bouidn, shrimp wraps and funnel cake, oh my! A beautiful day to enjoy the freedom.

Changed brake pads on the front wheel this evening, in preparations for Riding Smart in Brevard next weekend. I am so ready to get out of town, come on Thursday.

Brakes? Brakes? Are kidding me.....Brakes? Bernie uses brakes? :rofl:

It was my best Jim Mora impersonation...too bad you couldn't hear it.

Brakes? Brakes? Are kidding me.....Brakes? Bernie uses brakes? :rofl:

It was my best Jim Mora impersonation...too bad you couldn't hear it.

He didn't say they were new pads.

Wired the Autocom, Zumo,V1, B2B, & Gerbings. Only took four years to get around to it. :P

Oh, mounted & balanced a set of PR3's. Will be scuffing them in tomorrow.

Good for you Danny, be careful with the new tires, they turn faster. :thumbsup:

PS: GPS routes loaded for the Riding Smart trip on Thursday. Tick tick. :clap:

Edited by Bernie
roadscholar

Six of us rode dual-sports thru the woods from S.E. Georgia to E. Tennessee over the weekend, it was a great trip.

Paul Mihalka

Patted my bike on my way to the lawn machine. At least it has a Kawasaki motor. With twenty years in the house I never had to mow this early in the year.

Rode to work. Then at lunch...

This;

grandmother-festival1.jpg

Plus this;

92-95_Buick_LeSabre.jpg

Led to this;

Front...

S6301050-L.jpg

Rear;

S6301049-L.jpg

Short version is she couldn't decide whether to make the left turn in front on me or not. By then she was fully in my lane, & I was out of time & out of room. It was either her grill or the curb. I chose the curb, & using my best dirt bike skills, managed to not go down. Came to a safe stop in the parking lot of...wait for it...a nursing home.

And no, she didn't stop. A witness tried to chase her down, but to no avail.

Thanks to Highway41, my weekend with RideSmart is saved. He very kindly pulled his RT off the consignment floor to loan me his wheels & tires. How awesome is that?!

[quote=Huzband

]And no, she didn't stop. A witness tried to chase her down, but to no avail.

WTH, was it the little old lady from Pasadena?

Glad it was only wheel damage! :thumbsup:

Pat

Danny,

Glad you made it through without anything worse and I look forward to meeting you this weekend.

Kudos to Highway41 for loaning you the wheels and tires.

Firefight911

NOT what I wanted to see when I read this!!!!

So glad you are OK. Wheels and powder coat....cheap. You, though cheap and incorrigible, not so much!!

Down on bended knee for you, hug the wife, etc.

NOT what I wanted to see when I read this!!!!

So glad you are OK. Wheels and powder coat....cheap. You, though cheap and incorrigible, not so much!!

Down on bended knee for you, hug the wife, etc.

Thanks, Phil. I, too, am very thankful. Looking back, it was only a few feet on either side of being REAL ugly. As for hugging The Wife, round one of that was done when I climbed out of the tow truck in front of the house. She had to book off to an event tonight, so I'm sure there are more hugs to come later.

roadscholar

It's where dirt experience comes in handy on the street, you kept riding it. When that happens most obstacles become fairly minor concerns.

Glad you're OK Danny boy.

After being chased for over 500 miles by Huzband, Kifemaker, Rick and Bil ended the day in Blairsville. Great day of riding backroads. On our way to Riding Smart.

Firefight911

OK, today I'm at work at the fire department so I had to settle for this, which posted today.

Yes, that's me and my Yamaha Super Tenere with the yellow Arai XD in the video!!!! Y'all NEED to be there next year!!!!!

Video

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1383/Motorcycle-Video/2012-AltRider-Taste-of-Dakar-Ride-Report.aspx

Ride Report/Photos

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/310/12620/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Taste-of-Dakar-Adventure-Touring-Ride.aspx

http://1bmwfan.smugmug.com/Travel/Taste-of-Dakar/21667127_VxD28f

Man, that was a fun trip!!!!!

roadscholar

Looked like fun stuff.

We had dunes like that (well almost) 30 years ago to ride on but they're gone now. I'm guessing the S10 would be a handful on those.

Installed new battery and cleaned up some more wiring. :clap: Why did I still have a glass fuse on that light circut? :dopeslap:

I had e mailed several state dept of tourisum for free road maps last week, ya I'm old and like to see the big picture, and they started to come in. Now I can start marking some of the great routes others mention here for future rides.