BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#768220 - 03/27/12 09:22 AM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: TyTass]
Lone_RT_rider Offline

Loc: Gone to Carolina in my mind......
Originally Posted By: TyTass
Originally Posted By: Glenn Reed
Keep him in line Shawn... smile

Simply not possible! laugh

Are you saying Matt has a problem with authority? grin rofl

#768258 - 03/27/12 01:55 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Lone_RT_rider]
TN_R11_Girl Offline
Triple Toll Twin 2

Loc: Nashville, Tennessee
All joking aside guys ... the RideSmart program is plenty of information to be taking in over the course of this weekend and deserves everyone's full attention and concentration.

From my conversations with it's originators, it's intended to make even very experienced riders think harder about their riding techniques than they normally would. And though it may appear elementary to those with many years and miles in the saddle, ignoring the basic design of the program's layout by throwing other concepts and training techniques into the mix does nothing but compromise the program's premise and potential success.

If I seem wound up and overly passionate about this, I probably am. But I don't believe it is an exaggeration for me to say that this course changed my life. It made me a better rider than I EVER would have been on my own and (as others have admitted) has saved my bacon more than once. The true lessons and value come with following the plan and going through the steps. And having said that, I am simply unwilling to have anyone's experience with it be anything less than ideal if I can help it.

So, I'll see you Friday with my Hall Monitor pass on proud display!
Shannon IBA #44616
In my garage:
'04 R1100S (Roadrunner)
'69 Ford F-250 (Beast)
'09 328iX (Bebe)
"Tact: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that he anticipates the trip." Unknown

#768271 - 03/27/12 03:12 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Lone_RT_rider]
Matts_12GS Offline

Loc: Saint Johns, FL
Originally Posted By: Lone_RT_rider
Originally Posted By: TyTass
Originally Posted By: Glenn Reed
Keep him in line Shawn... smile

Simply not possible! laugh

Are you saying Matt has a problem with authority? grin rofl

You almost more than EVERYONE else know it's true!!

2005 1200GS (Traveller)
1996 DR650 (Smoky)
IBA 37694
...if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else? --Ronald Reagan

#768282 - 03/27/12 05:11 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Matts_12GS]
lawnchairboy Offline
Snuggie Jesus

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
almost.

#768373 - 03/28/12 07:49 AM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: TN_R11_Girl]
Huzband Offline

Loc: Cowford, Fl.
Originally Posted By: TN_R11_Girl
All joking aside guys ... the RideSmart program is plenty of information to be taking in over the course of this weekend and deserves everyone's full attention and concentration.

From my conversations with it's originators, it's intended to make even very experienced riders think harder about their riding techniques than they normally would. And though it may appear elementary to those with many years and miles in the saddle, ignoring the basic design of the program's layout by throwing other concepts and training techniques into the mix does nothing but compromise the program's premise and potential success.

If I seem wound up and overly passionate about this, I probably am. But I don't believe it is an exaggeration for me to say that this course changed my life. It made me a better rider than I EVER would have been on my own and (as others have admitted) has saved my bacon more than once. The true lessons and value come with following the plan and going through the steps. And having said that, I am simply unwilling to have anyone's experience with it be anything less than ideal if I can help it.

Well said, Shannon. I couldn't agree more.

'07 R12GSA (Half-track)
'04 Sherco 2.9 (Sherpa)
'97 KTM 400 R/XCe
'90 RMX 250 (woods weapon)
'08 Black Lab (Auto)
IBA #30344

#768375 - 03/28/12 08:11 AM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Huzband]
Bob Foley Offline

Loc: Destin Florida
Shannon-- I am very impressed with your insight.

#768425 - 03/28/12 03:29 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Huzband]
TN_R11_Girl Offline
Triple Toll Twin 2

Originally Posted By: Huzband

Well said, Shannon. I couldn't agree more.

Thanks Danny!! Looking forward to catching up a bit with you this weekend! wave
Shannon IBA #44616
In my garage:
'04 R1100S (Roadrunner)
'69 Ford F-250 (Beast)
'09 328iX (Bebe)
"Tact: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that he anticipates the trip." Unknown

#768426 - 03/28/12 03:30 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Bob Foley]
TN_R11_Girl Offline
Triple Toll Twin 2

Originally Posted By: Bob Foley

Thanks Bob ... now if I can just keep up the facade of looking like I know what I'm talking about ... wink
Shannon IBA #44616
In my garage:
'04 R1100S (Roadrunner)
'69 Ford F-250 (Beast)
'09 328iX (Bebe)

#768428 - 03/28/12 03:33 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: TN_R11_Girl]
Glenn Reed Offline

Loc: Towson MD
Originally Posted By: Bob Foley

Thanks Bob ... now if I can just keep up the facade of looking like I know what I'm talking about ... wink

If all you do is keep Matt in line, that will help a lot. smile See you in two days!

#768444 - 03/28/12 05:31 PM Re: Riding Smart Class - March 30th - April 1st in Brevard, NC. [Re: Glenn Reed]
lawnchairboy Offline
Snuggie Jesus

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
good luck with that.

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >