IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

D'oh! :dopeslap:

It was a 96 R1100 RT with high milage 90 + thousand but clean looking, the price was sixteen hundred bucks.

Pat

Does that imply oilheads tend to be the cheapest and least desirable used BMW's?

Or are they a bargain, real BMW?

Says a lot when airheads go for more money.

Edited by upflying

I think this was just good deal for a used but not used up RT judging by the description and posted pic. There is another one advertised with similar milage for three grand. I guess even that is less than some of the airheads I've seen advertised.

Pat

Edited by TEWKS

Here is my CL of the day...good luck with that price:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3703871450.html

I bought my '49 Stude truck in about that same condition minus the bed for $580.00

I swapped out the already transplanted '52 motor with a '63 289 Stude V8 and rebuilt that motor completely. I ran a completely new custom wiring harness and converted to 12V. New seat. 2 custom made rims and new WWW tires, custom made radiator, and tons of odds and ends and I only have about $3500.00 into it.

Good luck with the 5K asking price.

• Like 1

come on Kmac, you know better than that.... PHOTOS.

My old man still has his 64 GT hawk he bought new. 289, with the paxton supercharger. I always wanted a 48-ish pickup, or one of the later Champs.

'48 PU was the M series truck with the tall grill. The '49 was the C cab like the one in the CL add.

I will post some pics. My truck is far from done, but it is fun.

I will look, I think I posted a thread over a year ago here.

I also would like to do a Champ truck someday, but I hate both of the beds on the Champs, neither of them fit the cabs. One is the old round fender beds like what came on my truck and the other is a wrong sized boxy Dodge variation bed. Terrible.

I want to do a Champ but get an extra set of front fenders, and 4 door skins and build the bed Stude SHOULD have built. One that FITS the cab. Keep it to scale with the cab, body lines line up, wheel openings match, even if I raised or lowered the rear opening a bit like most vehicles have but a REAL bed...then it would be SLAMMED and kind of Nascar truck styling minus the graphic stickers...real simple and clean without any gadgety gimmicy stuff, clean and simple like Stude usually built. In a dream world it would have a SC 289 Avanti or Hawk motor in it, of coourse.

And thank you for know that Stude actually made their OWN 289 and it is NOT a ford POS motor like most people try to tell me...oh yeah they used ford 289s in them...NOOOOOOO

Thanks for the complements.

That Schwinn grip shifter is something I made out of a 2003 Yamaha YZ250 handle bar and a 5/16" rod coupling welded inside of it to thread onto the 3 on the tree shifter. I actually bought the single grip out of a small glass diplay case at my first Studebaker show long before my truck was on the road and got a wierd idea to use it for the missing shifter knob.

The truck is really fun and I almost hate driving it when I am in a hurry to be any where because someone always wants to tell a story of the first car, or grampas old truck or whatever Stude story they have...it is really fun and I like talking to people about it but sometimes I gotta get somewhere and I just do not have time.

I still have alot to do on the old beast, but it is a coll semi ratrod, semi farm truck, semi whatever.

I have never been a "name my vehicles guy" but when I first got it running a little neighbor girl said "hey your old truck looks like Oscar the Grouch" because she saw the green and then the rusty color above the windshield...we laughed and the name stuck. He is Oscar...and he has often been grouchy.

Edited by kmac

If you search google for "CAN-AM SPYDER RS SM5 GREEN $2580", you find a whole bunch of Craigslist entries from around the country. Most of them have been flagged for removal. Looks like some sort of scam.

Edited by Caddis

Definite scam. so much for the CL find of the day. Here is the response. Or just perhaps She has so many kids, she doesn't know what to do. :)

Hello,

My name is Angelina, happy to see you are interested in my 2012 Can-Am Spyder RS SM5. Let me give you a few details about it. The trike is in great condition, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged. I`m a single mother with 2 children and I have to work very hard to maintain my family. I`m selling it so cheap because I have money problems. The price is $2,580.00. I want to tell you that I do not sell my trike in payments and I do not trade. Since I don't have anyone to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this. Giving the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward, email me back with your full name, shipping address and phone number so i can register the deal at eBay Financial Department. After that, eBay will send you the payment instructions. If you are still interested email me for more pictures and details.

Details about my trike:

Mileage: 5,783

Engine: 990 cc

Color: Green

Type: Trike

Title: Clear

My best wishes and I'm waiting your response so we can move forward with this deal.

Thank you.

Hey I also have a REALLY nice bridge I would like to sell in San Fransico and one in Brooklyn NY.

Just send me the cash or cashiers check and I will IMMEDIATELY send you the title and shipping info.

:dopeslap:

I had a Greeves 350 twin in my youth. Greeves made everything but the engine and transmission - these were mostly Villiers two-stroke units that smoked like a navvy.

There were popular for off-road sport in the 1960's.

Andy

Greeves were great bikes. My dad had a 380. It was a 250 but he siezed that up and found a 380 barrel and piston. They bolt right on so he was stoked.

He had one with OUT the leading link front end. He had Cerriani forks.

Edited by kmac
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
beemerman2k

If it was a 1978 or 1977 KZ1000, it might be worth it.

I'm with Ponch on this one. The old Z1000's with the 4:1 Kerker exhaust and the Lockhart oil coolers. Ahhh yes, those were the bad @ss bikes of my day :thumbsup:

I loved the Suzuki line of GS 4's as well (Z1 knock offs, really), and of course, the unforgettable Honda CBX :salivate:

Edited by beemerman2k

If it was a 1978 or 1977 KZ1000, it might be worth it.

I'm with Ponch on this one. The old Z1000's with the 4:1 Kerker exhaust and the Lockhart oil coolers. Ahhh yes, those were the bad @ss bikes of my day :thumbsup:

I loved the Suzuki line of GS 4's as well (Z1 knock offs, really), and of course, the unforgettable Honda CBX :salivate:

My first bike was KZ1000. In fact, if you read the June issue of BMW ON Magazine, page 54, you'll get the details.