Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
#843715 - 07/27/13 04:41 PM Re: Colorado? [Re: T.M. Roe]  
hANNAbONE Offline
hANNAbONE  Offline

Versailles, Indiana
Originally Posted By: T.M. Roe
Now I'm confused, should I hydrate and stretch more or less?

and no caffeine en route and no no NO alcohol consumption within 48 hours of riding.

Dems da rules, Tommy my man.

h A N N A b O N E
.F.O.G.Member & Friend of Signman & Paul Mihalka

2012 Black Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere'
Versailles, Windy-Anna
#843749 - 07/27/13 08:45 PM Re: Colorado? [Re: hANNAbONE]  
T.M. Roe Offline
T.M. Roe  Offline

Rural, MN USA
..I am so screwed.

T.M.Roe
"Just an ordinary average guy"
#843822 - 07/28/13 01:30 PM Re: Colorado? [Re: hANNAbONE]  
upfisk Offline
upfisk  Offline

near Yarnell, Arizona
+1 on Enterprise, OR. There are great roads and motel rooms are moderate in price

'74 R90/6 hers
'07 R1200RT his
'09 R1200RT hers
#844071 - 07/30/13 12:27 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: Killer]  
Whip Offline
Whip  Offline

Salida Colorado
Originally Posted By: Killer
Originally Posted By: marcopolo
I say we should consider places with higher room costs, because in the grand scheme of things, the room cost is a small percentage of what it costs many of us to get there, and back, in the first place.
And I respectfully disagree, I simply won't go if the room costs are excessive, I think the rough limits are appropriate.

First I wanna thank all the previous UN leaders for doing the best anyone could do given the budgetary parameters.......

........ but I don't get too excited about hanging out in parking lots and places without views to save $20-50 a night. I would rather go to more "special places" at or near national parks or points interest. I would like to be walking distance to the center of towns or attractions instead of on the edges miles away depending on 4 wheel transport after a few drinks. I would like to be in or at the point of interest instead 100 miles away. This would also make it more appealing to our SOs.

I would be willing to take the responsibility of doing an UN, but price would not be the first thing on my list..prolly not the second either.

If this is my vacation for the year ...

grin

Last edited by Whip; 07/30/13 12:28 AM.

I am their leader, which way did they go?
#844072 - 07/30/13 12:43 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: Whip]  
Firefight911 Offline
Sparkle Farkle
Firefight911  Offline
Sparkle Farkle

Rancho Cordova, CA
Originally Posted By: Whip
I say we should consider places with higher room costs, because in the grand scheme of things, the room cost is a small percentage of what it costs many of us to get there, and back, in the first place.
And I respectfully disagree, I simply won't go if the room costs are excessive, I think the rough limits are appropriate.

First I wanna thank all the previous UN leaders for doing the best anyone could do given the budgetary parameters.......

........ but I don't get too excited about hanging out in parking lots and places without views to save $20-50 a night. I would rather go to more "special places" at or near national parks or points interest. I would like to be walking distance to the center of towns or attractions instead of on the edges miles away depending on 4 wheel transport after a few drinks. I would like to be in or at the point of interest instead 100 miles away. This would also make it more appealing to our SOs.

I would be willing to take the responsibility of doing an UN, but price would not be the first thing on my list..prolly not the second either.

grin

I want the adjoining room with yours! Jamie said she agrees with you on this one. I'll help you put it together if you get it.

Phil Challinor

'16 GMC Denali HD Crew LB Diesel
'16 Mazda 3 HB
#844075 - 07/30/13 12:56 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: Whip]  
Lineareagle Offline
Lineareagle  Offline

ON, Canada

grin

I went to Blowing Rock and was planning on camping. Weather knocked that out so I stayed in a motel across the road from the 'event' motel. I would agree with you. It is nice to have a choice though. My room was probably the same as sharing in the nicer motel but I was able to throw my crap around and not worry about being offensive to someone.
Blowing Rock location was perfect. Walk to town, great restaurants, I know you could do it out west too Whip, go ahead entice me!

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving."
Lao Tzu
"We are star stuff, harvesting star light." Carl Sagan

'06 R1200GS Adv
#844079 - 07/30/13 01:07 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: Whip]  
beemerboy Offline
RallyMaster UnXI, Salida, CO
beemerboy  Offline
RallyMaster UnXI, Salida, CO

Colorado Springs, CO
................ but I don't get too excited about hanging out in parking lots and places without views to save $20-50 a night.........I would like to be walking distance to the center of towns or attractions instead of on the edges miles away depending on 4 wheel transport after a few drinks.........I would be willing to take the responsibility of doing an UN, but price would not be the first thing on my list..prolly not the second either.

Totally agree. Why is it that owners of some of the most expensive motorcycles offered for sale in the U.S. are also the most frugal? What's the old saying?? Oh, I remember, what's the cheapest part on a BMW motorcycle? The rider. tongue rofl

Regards,
Randy
'02 R1150RT
'04 Ducati 1000DS SS
'05 Ducati ST3
'06 K1200S
#844082 - 07/30/13 01:20 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: Jake]  
jbr7t Offline
jbr7t  Offline

Fredericksburg, VA.
Originally Posted By: Jake
I don't know fellas. I'd be one content camper if the Un was held each and every summer in the place of it's birth or nearabouts. We all can ride anywhere anytime, but we don't have the opportunity to see our cross coastal friends often enough. Both the West and the East have their Torreys, FARTs, and RCRs, which occupy the excellent temps of Spring and Fall, leaving plenty of catch-up opportunity with our relatively local bretheren. I think there is a lot of value knowing that if I can't make Colorado this year, then I have a shot at catching up with Wurty there next year.

My vote would be to stick it in the middle of the country in the middle of the year every year, and a LOT of the angst and planning and search for site leaders and local support would be taken care of. There's plenty of scenery to be seen between where most live and the Rockies, and if you live there already, you understand why we all want to come to your doorstep each year.

Make it more Un.

+1

This is one of the best ideas I've heard yet. Each coast has their own events. Lets take the +*#%~<% out of the UN. Would be easier for long term planning for those of us that have to have leave turned in months in advance. Can't make em all happy.

------
James
'04 R1150GS
'04 R1150R - Sold
- i've never been lost..only temporarily misplaced -
'04 R1150RT - SOLD
'03 Nighthawk 750 - SOLD
"I'll see your idiot and raise you an imbecile" Chief Compton
#844086 - 07/30/13 01:37 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: EffBee]  
dhanson Offline
dhanson  Offline

Doyline, Louisiana
I'm not considered to be refined to say the least, but I do have a passport!

I liked the little place in the Hill Country with the donkeys, one of the others came over to our room to check and see if OUR commode had a lid! (Theirs didn't)

Last edited by dhanson; 07/30/13 01:57 AM.

14 KTM 1190 Adv

#844109 - 07/30/13 03:28 AM Re: Colorado? [Re: EffBee]  
** Chris ** Offline
** Chris **  Offline

Republic of Tejas
Did I miss the sign up period again?

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline,
it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons,
but at the very least you need a good beer"
-Frank Zappa
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  EffBee, Joe Frickin' Friday, Mike