BMWSportTouring BMWST DB
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
#844263 - 07/31/13 12:27 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: OoPEZoO]  
ltljohn Online
ltljohn  Online

Haycock, PA
Originally Posted By: OoPEZoO
Originally Posted By: Killer
Originally Posted By: MikeRC
Bob, would this be OK? http://whitefishrvpark.com/

Mike Cassidy

looks great to me, I would probably go to an UN based there.

You would have to break both my legs and my throttle hand to keep me from making that trip if an UN showed up there. thumbsup

It also has 3 hotels right next door. I would have to trailer (remember the Clampetts) but that looks great.

Last edited by ltljohn; 07/31/13 12:30 AM.

"I've received many honors but I've already received the highest award I'll ever receive, and that has been the privilege and honor of serving proudly in the United States Navy." RADM Grace Hopper

#844270 - 07/31/13 01:12 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: EffBee]  
Bud Offline
95% of an RT
Bud  Offline
95% of an RT

Southern Illinois
The Gunnison UN referenced a couple of posts above was my first. I didn't know enough to know that there was a split UN going on.

I had plenty of time at the campground to meet a lot of new folks, do some riding, story telling, beverage consuming.

It was so much fun I've been to a few more.

I was one of the few camping at this year's UN. Got kind of lonely when Bernie and Bob left the KOA to go to the hotel.

But I enjoyed the time spent with others and learned why it is called "Chasing Bernie"!

People change, their needs change and our perceptions change. As long as I get to spend some time socializing with folks, I don't much care where it is held. I will camp anywhere.

95% of an RT.

I haven't had too many Beemers, I just don't have enough time.
#844279 - 07/31/13 01:35 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: OoPEZoO]  
PhillyFlash Offline
PhillyFlash  Offline

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Originally Posted By: OoPEZoO

Mike Cassidy

You would have to break both my legs and my throttle hand to keep me from making that trip if an UN showed up there. thumbsup

Is that a request? Just asking.

Howard
'07 Titan Silver RT

"Got a motorcycle and a bottle of gin,
Ima go downtown see what I can get in."
#844285 - 07/31/13 01:52 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: EffBee]  
AdventurePoser Offline
AdventurePoser  Offline

Newport OR
Hmmm...now that I'm retired, I don't have to whine anymore about having the UN in July.

I just hope some of the old timers come to the UN...you know, the group that loved to ride, hang out, laugh, and enjoy each others company. You know, back in the day before politics, divisiveness, and apathy caused those folks to stop coming. I miss those folks.

See you in 2014, wherever it is.

Check out my latest ride tales and culinary adventures here:
Rides, Roads, and Eats
#844329 - 07/31/13 04:19 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: AdventurePoser]  
SageRider Offline
SageRider  Offline

Minden, Nevada
Originally Posted By: AdventurePoser
Hmmm...now that I'm retired, I don't have to whine anymore about having the UN in July.

I just hope some of the old timers come to the UN...you know, the group that loved to ride, hang out, laugh, and enjoy each others company. You know, back in the day before politics, divisiveness, and apathy caused those folks to stop coming. I miss those folks.

See you in 2014, wherever it is.

thumbsup grin

Michael
2010 Unrally IX Sierra Adventures Co-Chair
KE6GYC 2M/440
'12 F800-GS Trophy: (dearly departed)
'06 R1200-RT, Piedmont RED! (dearly departed)
'99 R1100-RT (dearly departed)
Minden, Nevada
#844332 - 07/31/13 04:56 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: hopz]  
Bullett Offline
Bullett  Offline

Brookings, OR
Originally Posted By: hopz
Originally Posted By: markgoodrich
If room prices were increased to $150, and I stayed three nights, the additional cost would be $150.

My point is pretty simple, .

I mean no disrespect toward anyone with my comments.

... and there we were starting a perfectly entertaining feud then along come some guy with reasoning. Come on Mark, get a grip.

I liked Topaz. Decent facility, good camping, great riding, reasonable prices, cost of California fuel out of sight, crazy tourist drivers around that big lake, etc. lets not dismiss it too soon.

Not to mention the gridlock and traffic involved in getting to the fancy liquor store in Gardnerville to buy a nice single malt or two. . . tongue wink

Sharon

07 BMW R1200RT
59 BMW R26
12 Yamaha Super Tenere (for sale)

Apparently, a girl can have too many motorcycles! tongue
#844380 - 07/31/13 01:39 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: Killer]  
Lineareagle Offline
Lineareagle  Offline

ON, Canada

Mike Cassidy

I've camped at Whitefish State park and been through Whitefish many times, daughter lives in Fernie, BC - not sure about riding in the area as I usually am just rolling through but certainly there is good riding in striking distance.
Whitefish itself is a pretty upscale town but again I have never really stopped there for any length of time.
I'll be going through again in a couple of weeks so if you all need or want some recon I could oblige.

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving."
Lao Tzu
"We are star stuff, harvesting star light." Carl Sagan

'06 R1200GS Adv
#844582 - 08/01/13 09:46 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: Lineareagle]  
Calvin (no socks) Offline
Calvin (no socks)  Offline

Neptune Beach, Fl.
It looks like Dave Swift is headed to Whitefish today with freshly rebuilt Ohlins. (Saw a post on FB)

Tag frame? I don't need no steenkin tag frame!
#844588 - 08/01/13 11:33 AM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: Calvin (no socks)]  
Marty Hill Offline
The Energiser Bunny
Marty Hill  Offline
The Energiser Bunny

Atlanta, Ga.
Sure glad I rode to the first one. Met some great folks who rode BMW's. Things have really changed. cry

Marty
49 states/32 countries/3 continents

700GS/white...old age moto

WWMHD...ride till you can't

Semper Paratus
#844647 - 08/01/13 06:14 PM Re: Let the Planning, Discussing and Volunteering begin [Re: EffBee]  
murrayg Offline
murrayg  Offline

Paducah, Kentucky
Gonna check around with a few people to see if we want to try and entice you riding ladies and gentlemen to come back to the great state of AR-Kan-Sas for some squiggly roads, camping, moderately price motels,,, and some real fine eat'n. I don't know if you would consider us West or East, but do consider us a land of opportunity for a future Un. Thanks for the parameters of a bid. I have not been very active lately, but returning to two wheeling after being out for 772 days.

Murrayg
I Ride to Experience Poetry
Vay Ya Con Dios
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  EffBee, Joe Frickin' Friday, Mike