IGNORED

2009 K1300GT Headlight Adjustment???

dmac

Guest Kakugo
Can the headlight be adjusted in low beam to illuminate further out. It seems I can easily out ride my low beam at about 50mph.

Dennis

Look behind the headlight under the tupperware. There should be a plastic hex head adjuster with a white lever.

The white lever is to flip the whole assembly higher or lower in case you are carrying a passenger. The adjuster can be turned for fine tuning: that's what you will be tinkering with. A ratchet or spanner will help you a lot.

Mind pretty much all BMW's are delivered from the dealer with headlights set far too low, so it's a pretty common complaint.

• 2 years later...
Can the headlight be adjusted in low beam to illuminate further out. It seems I can easily out ride my low beam at about 50mph.

Dennis

Look behind the headlight under the tupperware. There should be a plastic hex head adjuster with a white lever.

The white lever is to flip the whole assembly higher or lower in case you are carrying a passenger. The adjuster can be turned for fine tuning: that's what you will be tinkering with. A ratchet or spanner will help you a lot.

Mind pretty much all BMW's are delivered from the dealer with headlights set far too low, so it's a pretty common complaint.

Older post but that's how I got here. :grin:

Google foo.