IGNORED

Official UnRally XIV Announcement!!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Joe Frickin' Friday

i-jmJLvGv-L.jpg

And now for something completely different…

Mike Boomgarden and I are pleased to be hosting the 14th annual BMWST UnRally. This year we’re due for an “eastern” UnRally, but if you check your map, you’ll find that Wisconsin is a bit more toward the north and center. Here you’ll find something for everyone: scenic blufftop vistas, soothing river runs, tight twisties, amusing roadside attractions, and an extensive dualsport/off-road trail system.

When: Monday, June 22 – Thursday, June 25 (Thursday morning check-out)

Headquarters: Three Bears Lodge, 701 Yogi Circle, Warrens, WI, 54666. The Three Bears Lodge includes a coffee shop, restaurant, and bar with indoor and outdoor seating; several other restaurants are available within a few miles of the hotel. It also features an indoor/outdoor water park, so bring your swimsuit. :Cool:

Event Cost: $47 per person. Register here on or before May 21!

Here’s what your event fee gets you:

• Wednesday night catered dinner buffet with salad, vegetables, potatoes, and your choice of roast beef or chicken
  • An official UnRally XIV sticker for your bike
  • An official UnRally XIV T-shirt for your back (you will be asked to specify shirt size later this spring after we have finalized the artwork)
  • GPS routes for a variety of street-based day rides

Hotel rooms: Hotel accomodations are available at the Three Bears Lodge. We have secured a block of 75 rooms with the following discounted room rates for our group:

• Standard double-queen room, $75 per night
  • Double-queen with pullout couch, $85 per night
  • Family suite (king-size bed, pullout couch, two bunk beds, i.e. bunk space for four people), $100 per night

You must register (here) and pay the UnRally registration fee before Three Bears Lodge will extend our discounted group rate to you. The hotel has access to our list of registrants; after you have registered, you will receive an email letting you know that we have added your name to the list, and you can call the hotel (608-378-2500) to make your reservation. Mention that you are with the “BMW Sport Touring group” to receive our discounted group rate. please register and make your hotel reservation before May 22; Any unreserved rooms in our block will be released on that day.

Camping: If you prefer to camp, the Jellystone Warrens Campground is just 1/3-mile away from the hotel. Tent sites have electricity, water, a fire ring, a picnic table, and a groomed flat area for your tent. The price is $35 per night. Please note, we do not have a block of sites reserved, and event registration is not necessary to reserve a tent site. if you intend to camp, you should make your reservation as soon as possible. Call 888-386-9644 or visit the above link to reserve a site at any time.

Street Riding: Routes for day rides in a variety of distances will be posted later this spring as a GPS file and as written directions in a downloadable PDF file. Hardcopies will not be provided at the event; if you require written route directions, you will need to print the PDF file and bring it with you.

Off-Road Riding: The Jackson County motorcycle/ATV trail system is just a short ride/drive away, with trail access and parking for tow vehicles available in Millston and Black River Falls (8 and 20 miles, respectively, from Three Bears Lodge). There are two separate trail networks: street-legal motorcycles can use the ATV trail system and the motorcycle trail system, but non-street-legal motorcycles are only allowed on the motorcycle trail system. All motorcycles using either trail system must display a trail pass; these are available for purchase from several vendors in the area.

Checking in when you arrive: After registering, you'll receive an email with a ticket. Please bring that ticket with you! Check-in will be in the hotel lobby from 5:30 to 6:30 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings; just look for one of the smiling faces below, and we will scan your ticket and give you your T-shirt, sticker, and info about the group dinner.

That's all for now! Mike and I will look forward to seeing you there. :wave:

***Please remember, registration (here) ends at 11:59PM on May 21!***

me%20and%20mike-L.jpg

I, also, am signed up/paid and looking forward to attending another UnRally and riding with the "cows"! :grin:

Edited by Endobobdds

Yippee! The list of those who have registered was sent to the hotel this morning. We'll do this every morning, assuming we receive one or more registrations the previous day.

Registered and paid. Will book hotel after receiving confirmation email.

I have a question for the organizers: will you be able to scan the ticket on my iPhone, or must I bring a hard copy?

I have a question for the organizers: will you be able to scan the ticket on my iPhone, or must I bring a hard copy?

Mark--

Glad you're jning us!

First, we're providing the hotel with an updated "paid" list every morning. If you have trouble registering before that, let us know.

No one should sweat it if they don't have a paper copy of their ticket. We'll have a list with everyone's info, so it won't be the end of the world if you don't have it with you. It will make the check-in process a bit easier for us if you have either the paper copy or the electronic version that you can request from Eventbrite, but we want to make this as easy and pain-free for everyone as we can.

Mark--

Glad you're jning us!

First, we're providing the hotel with an updated "paid" list every morning. If you have trouble registering before that, let us know.

No one should sweat it if they don't have a paper copy of their ticket. We'll have a list with everyone's info, so it won't be the end of the world if you don't have it with you. It will make the check-in process a bit easier for us if you have either the paper copy or the electronic version that you can request from Eventbrite, but we want to make this as easy and pain-free for everyone as we can.

Thanks, Mike. I've got the ticket on my iPhone now.

Thanks for the work you're both doing putting this together.

Edited by marcopolo

Hmm. Three Bears Lodge. Yogi Circle. Jellystone Warren Campground. I'm sensing a theme here, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Ranger's not gonna like it.

Hmm. Three Bears Lodge. Yogi Circle. Jellystone Warren Campground. I'm sensing a theme here, and I'm pretty sure Mr. Ranger's not gonna like it.

Ya but they are all in the same neighborhood! :grin:

The last few Uns have had turnouts ranging from 85 to around 115. More people sign up closer to the cutoff date for the special room rates, due to schedules and vacation dates finally getting solidified, etc.

It's still about 5 months away.

I'm out on the road and spent last night at our UNrally site. As they say in some circles.."Ya done good boys"

The accommodations are pleasant and clean with a huge water park. Unfortunately they have a no pet policy. The dog won't be pleased.

Tom, last time I saw you was at your house during a tech day. I was headed to alaska on my '03 RT and tried to leave without attaching my mirrors.

Dougie, please breathe. It's not for another 4 months.

Raaan, I'll see you in chi town.

Suzanne and I are in. We gotta drive across: Texas plains; Oklahoma plains; Kansas plains; Iowa plains; and southern Minnesota plains.

That's gonna be plain boring. Luckily the tires on the GT will not square off on the trailer.

Edit: I'm not going anywhere near Bud's house. That's just downright disturbing. I'll buy him a beer in Wisconsin to try to put a stop to this type of thing.