IGNORED

What you did on or to your bike today......

Firefight911

Rode my bike for the first time since Surgery (Dec 18 2015) today. It was just a short ride into work, but it felt good. :) Please excuse the pic. It's probably the worst one I have posted in a very long time, but I still love it. :D

:thumbsup:...and the first one to work.

Rode my bike for the first time since Surgery (Dec 18 2015) today. It was just a short ride into work, but it felt good. :) Please excuse the pic. It's probably the worst one I have posted in a very long time, but I still love it. :D

17MAR2015%20ride%20into%20work-L.jpg

Great news. Welcome back. :wave:

Good news.

:clap:

Still having knee issues

:(

Hoping I'm OK and cleared by START

Enjoy the short rides, they begin to get longer before you know it.

:thumbsup:

Rode 30 miles yesterday.

This morning I raised my windshield one notch.

You're going to miss that adjustable windshield....

Rode over to Bentonville BMW to get the fuel pump looked at. Just needed the ring clamp and they did a software up date. Not too bad for a 10 yr. old machine. Nice folks to deal with.

Rode home on back roads for a while and the old girl still can dance.

Since I'm new to the area all roads will have to be explored.

I am still getting use to riding during the vinter months as we have had many nice days. Much better than up in Chicago.

Rode 30 miles yesterday.

This morning I raised my windshield one notch.

You're going to miss that adjustable windshield....

What you talking bout willis?

It's adjustable. :grin:

Only it is not electrically adjustable. :dopeslap:

To tell the truth,I never moved mine on the RT. I set it where it worked and left it there.

Paul In Australia

Bought a bunch of stuff ( engine crash bars, headlight protector, gearshift extension, side stand foot extension, rear brake reservoir protection plate, cargo net for top box) for the Rt's new garage mate arriving on Friday. A 2015 Alpine Whie 1200 GS.

A 2015 Alpine Whie 1200 GS.

I'm assuming pics are coming our way? I do believe it's a requirement around here. ;):grin:

Congrats Paul! :clap:

Pat

Bought a bunch of stuff ( engine crash bars, headlight protector, gearshift extension, side stand foot extension, rear brake reservoir protection plate, cargo net for top box) for the Rt's new garage mate arriving on Friday. A 2015 Alpine Whie 1200 GS.

White is the best color....congrats!! :thumbsup:

Bud, where'd you get the shifter relocation kit (I'm assuming it's for your RT and not that other thing)? I put peg lowering kit on mine a whole back and it's still shiftable OK but it'd be nice to lower the lever a tad.

Mark,

You assumption is wrong. I could never find a extended shift lever for the RT.

It is for "that other thing", and only cost $84 total, shipped to my door to lower the pegs and relocate the shifter.

Didn't have to BMW (Bring Money With) for a change it it felt good.

Paul In Australia

Fitted the Hepco and Becker engine protection bars and cross brace. Fitted headlight protector. Fitted grip puppies. Fitted rear brake fluid holder protector and also gear shift extender.

All on my new 2015 1200 GS

Best regards

Paul

Purchased and fitted a pair of Zega Pro 2 panniers (31/38L) on my '14 GS. They are lockable (seperate key from ignition though) and are quick release. The price is quite a bit less than in the states and with the Euro exchange rate low, it made sense.

Lone_RT_rider
Rode my bike for the first time since Surgery (Dec 18 2015) today.

Greatest form of PT there is, IMO! :thumbsup:

Pat

Thanks Pat! Wasn't anyone going to tell me I was off by a year? Correction: Dec 18, 2014. :dopeslap::rofl:

Rode my bike for the first time since Surgery (Dec 18 2015) today.

Greatest form of PT there is, IMO! :thumbsup:

Pat

Thanks Pat! Wasn't anyone going to tell me I was off by a year? Correction: Dec 18, 2014. :dopeslap::rofl:

Ouch! That's a long time!! :eek:

Pat

I went out to the garage and lifted the sheet off the 1200, saw it was blue and that the battery tender was still doing its thing. Turned around and looked at the ice on my driveway and road, sighed, and let the sheet settle back to it resting position. When in hell is spring going to get here?

Desperately need to ride!

Rick

I added a Custom Dynamics flexible light bar to the top box. With the included posi-taps it was the easiest modification to the bike I've ever made, and it's very bright.

Installed a Givi Airflow adjustable windshield and a Givi 307 lock ring tank bag (15L in size).

Both are very nicely done and the Airflow shield gives me a nice clean bubble of air.

Paul In Australia

took a little longer to post photo than i thought. Been too busy riding it.

lots of farkles already added since then. 1500kms ridden and first service completed.

16683191358_9509394b67_b.jpg

Edited by Paul In Australia

And install Richland Rick dash shelf that works well with the Givi Airflow adjustable windshield.

142785082424.jpg

Engine guards and bash plate tomorrow.

Edited by Bud
took a little longer to post photo than i thought. Been too busy riding it.

lots of farkles already added since then. 1500kms ridden and first service completed.

16683191358_9509394b67_b.jpg

That is one fantastic looking ride! :thumbsup:

Paul In Australia

Pivot Pegz installed. Denali Light bar fitted, now just have to find time to hook the lights up.

The Rocketman

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, and had to wait 'til April 1st to do so....

First ride of the year today!! Woooooo! Hoooooo! Felt great. A balmy 52 degrees, no snow, no sleet, no frost, no rain. Just a little sand to watch out for, and gobs of sunshine. Oh how I missed this. First time in forever that I didn't ride through Winter, or at least a few times.

1st%20Ride%202015_zpsbxceba7g.jpg

The RT got first dibbs. I promise the other 3 bikes will follow as time and weather permit. Ahhhhh! I feel much better now :) :) :)

Rode about 150 miles yesterday, as with Rocketman, my first ride of the year. I had a client visit about 90 miles away and then was scheduled to drop off the bike at the dealer, so I just made a day of it. Rode as many back roads as I could on the second leg, on a nice warm afternoon. Felt great.

When they get finished today, I have to go ride home in the rain, but I'll still be riding! :clap:

Commute

Ditto! Got caught in a pretty good rain. Lots of great looks from cagers as I tooled along the freeway.

Got a new Schuberth S2 that is awesome. My S1 of ~9 years was probably too "broken in"...what a difference.

Between that and the old 'Stich not leaking, I was loving life!

Best regards!

Jim

The Rocketman

Engine oil and final drive gear oil changed today at 22,000 miles. Limited history from PO so getting ready for the first full season as new owner. Brake fluid tomorrow.

Guest Kakugo

Finally decided to start the maintenance rites to awake the Honda from its slumber despite the weather still being what it is, meaning drizzle and cold. ;)

Schedule this year is very simple:

Clean chain

Change brake and clutch fluid

Clean air filter

Wash the bike

Grease the chain

Pump the tyres

Then find the motivation to put it back on the road. ;)

Wife asked if we could take a short jaunt to Harper's Ferry WV, and then stay overnight in Frederick MD, and come home on Sunday. I said sure, and that's what we did. Very enjoyable all around!

Just a short gentle and slow 100-mile loop on my Kawasaki W800 picking up 3 Round Britain Rally landmarks. The day started grey and foggy but by the time I had gone 10 miles the sun was burning through. By the time I got home the day was very sunny and warm. Spring has sprung.

Andy

Yesterday I drove 840 miles to Manhattan, KS and back, to pick up a Kendon 2 bike fold up trailer.

Edited by Bud