IGNORED

*OFFICIAL* 2016 UN Rally

Whip

It's pay back time.

10 years ago today I joined this board and everything changed for Mrs. Whip and me. Riding is no long what we do it is who we are. My closest and best friends are people I met through this board. When I think about the best times I have had it involves riding and people from this group. There is nothing better than showing up in a parking lot full of BMWST members and getting twenty hugs before you can get your helmet off.

This is our opportunity to do something special for the members of this board that have made our lives better.

Please join us in Red Lodge Montana July 25th-29th, 2016 at the Rock Creek Resort.

I promise to do everything I can to make this a great event.

Registration will open September 1st.

Pictures to follow.

Whip

Francois_Dumas

Blast from the Past.........

Found my login still works....... Nina and I feel much the same as Larry and Mrs. Whip :-) I joined just a few months before he did I think, and since then we've had the incredible pleasure and honor to meet many of the board members in two US trips we made.

Due to various happenings in our life (AND time spent on Facebook) I dropped off the BMWST radar a bit over the past few years..... but we're still riding. Now mostly on our GS.

Some of the things I was working on failed, some plans we had just didn't happen. But some other things went well.

For one thing, we moved our holiday apartment in the French Alps to a permanent resident in the Italian hills of Umbria.

And now Larry 'told' us to come over in 2016...... and we still have some frequent flyer miles left from my previous life.....

..... so....

..... we might just show up next July, hoping to see a bunch of familiar faces again and share a bunch of rider hugs ! Before we get too old to bear the stress of travel :grin::grin:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Pending any unusual changes to my status, I'm unofficially in!

Oh hell yeah! Red Lodge, Beartooth, Chief Joseph.....I love that part of the country.

No idea if I can make it work to get out there, but I will do everything I can to pull it off.

Just to wet everyone's whistle a little

WY_ChiefJoe_a25_Print.jpg

WY_ChiefJoe_a18_Print.jpg

WY_ChiefJoe_07_Print.jpg

WY_BeartoothPass_08_Print.jpg

WY_BeartoothPass_07_Print.jpg

Edited by OoPEZoO
Sounds like a plan,
Stan

+1 :thumbsup:

+2 :thumbsup:

(No need to be coy, Roy)

IN with Mrs. greiffter. We are working on a plan. But we will not hop on a bus, Gus. :/

....... There is nothing better than showing up in a parking lot full of BMWST members and getting twenty hugs before you can get your helmet off.

.....Please join us in Red Lodge Montana July 25th-29th, 2016 at the Rock Creek Resort.

....I promise to do everything I can to make this a great event.

Whip

Thank you Whip! I know it will be another great BMWST event and I plan to make every effort to be there!

I can think of 50 ways to hit most of the blank ones, and this is as good a reason as any.

i-XGSVpV7.jpg

Don't need to discuss muuuch, other than...

In. :thumbsup:

AdventurePoser

Way to go, Larry. I cannot think of a better individual than you to put this one. We hope we can see you and Louise there...

Sounds like a plan,
Stan

+1 :thumbsup:

+2 :thumbsup:

(No need to be coy, Roy)

IN with Mrs. greiffter. We are working on a plan. But we will not hop on a bus, Gus. :/

No need to be coy, Roy. Slip out the back Jack and set yourself free.

Doug_Baliko

I have never been to an UN rally and have never met most of you. But this is such an awesome place that I have to be in. Thanks Whip.

Doug

I have never been to an UN either so I doubt I will get 20 hugs in the parking lot, but I think I will do this one. Beartooth on my list. I look forward to meeting some people.

Ron

szurszewski
I have never been to an UN either so I doubt I will get 20 hugs in the parking lot, but I think I will do this one. Beartooth on my list. I look forward to meeting some people.

Ron

You never know. My wife and I are misanthropes by nature - especially she - and until recently I've only been an occasional poster on here, but we showed up for the 2014 Un and were literally welcomed with open arms. And beers. And lots of other nice things.

Easy Fellas. Sometimes life gets in the way. Now, back to the In's.

I think I'll bring my Tigers hat and have Whip autograph it.

szurszewski

Laura says we're in. If all goes well, we'll have a seven year old and two dogs with us ... and we'll be starting a bit of an extended trip.

If all goes not well, we'll be there anyway :)

I think I'll bring my Tigers hat and have Whip autograph it.

It has been a long time since we talked by the fire in Torrey when you were Gleno's mystery guest.

Edited by Whip
In if I still have a bike then.

Fly into Billings and I will have a bike for you.

Thanks. My messed up neck won't let me ride long distances to events like this. I had to cancel my trips to START and the UN this year because of it. I've had my bike up for sale, but no one has been interested in it. I just found an enclosed trailer for sale at a reasonable price. I think I'm going to buy the trailer, and tow the bike to events. I can usually handle 200-300 miles a day. I just can't take the 600-800 mile days to get there anymore.

Firefight911

I will add three INs.......

One for me,

One for Hot Wifey, and

One for Peanut, aka Amelia.

This board has been so many things for so many years. It is time to bring the whole family and re-immerse in this board's love and family.

One of the most beautiful areas I know of, of course I'm in! (will be on 3 wheels instead of 2 or 4 this time)

The last time I rode Beartooth/Chief Joseph, was on my way to the Un in Topaz Lake.

Beartooth:

IMG_0533-L.jpg

IMG_0530-L.jpg

Chief Joseph:

IMG_0537-L.jpg

IMG_0557-L.jpg

IMG_0560-L.jpg

IMG_0561-L.jpg

of course I'm in! (will be on 3 wheels instead of 2 or 4 this time)

Interesting Ron, two wheels in front or back? :Cool:

They've all been but, thIs looks like a UN home run to me! :thumbsup:

Pat

In if I still have a bike then.

Fly into Billings and I will have a bike for you.

Thanks. My messed up neck won't let me ride long distances to events like this. I had to cancel my trips to START and the UN this year because of it. I've had my bike up for sale, but no one has been interested in it. I just found an enclosed trailer for sale at a reasonable price. I think I'm going to buy the trailer, and tow the bike to events. I can usually handle 200-300 miles a day. I just can't take the 600-800 mile days to get there anymore.

I hope that works out for you Burt. :clap: Looking forward to seeing you there next year. :wave:

Ron, those are great photos. I just went over Beartooth on the way to our UnRally in WI, and there was quite a bit more snow on there, but those ARE the roads and the views. Counted something like two dozen 20mph switchbacks, which on an RT loaded for 16 days on the road, held a touch of challenge. Though if truth be told, it was probably my rubbernecking that was causing the wobbles. Fortunately the pucker marks on my seat got flattened out across North Dakota, so I showed up in WI looking like I'd aced it.

Can't wait to go back.