IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) 2016 - Sparta NC

TyTass

i-8ptMzSF-XL.png

GPS route files:

Fart 2016 - Event Route.gdb

Fart 2016 - Event Route.gpx

Keep in mind when Receiving Routes From Others ...

Your maps and preferences may be different than those of the person you received them from, so to be sure you ride the intended route. You must ensure the following.

Map Version & Settings:

- You don't need the latest routes, but it's wise to ensure the map version in YOUR device is the same as the version in YOUR BaseCamp.

- In YOUR BaseCamp AND device, turn off all Avoidances & select Fastest Time

To ensure the Routes are as intended:

- Open the GDB or GPX file in your software, then make duplicates of each route (usually a right click will show the option).

- Change the color of the Duplicate route (usually double click, then go to Info and look there)

- Note the mileage

- Then Re-calculate the Original route.

- The mileage should stay the same.

- If the route mileage is different, look for the color you changed the Duplicate route to. You will need to add a Waypoint or Via point to the Original route to make it match the Duplicate route.

- Once the two routes are the same, delete the Duplicate route, then load the Original route onto your GPS.

===============================================================

The Saturday Night Dinner

Where: Baywood Boys Barbecue & Catering

Address: 41 N Main St, Sparta 28675 (up hill both ways :rofl: )

When: 6:30

How Much: We are ordering from the menu

OK, for those who can't see the presentation slides (graphics) ...

What: Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART 2016)

When: September 21st-25th

Where:

Alleghany Inn

341 North Main Street

Sparta, NC 28675

1.888.372.2501 (reservations only)

alleginn@skybest.com

Computer Reservation: Group Code: BMWST1

Block Hold: Until 30 days from event then motel can use block

Group Rates:

1Q, 2F, 2Q, 1K Rooms

$67.95 + tax (76.62/night)

Suite/Apt

$87.95 + tax / night

3rd person: +$10/night

Cancelation Policy: 6 pm same day

90% hotel non-smoking

Routes and other pertinent info to come

We hope you can join us

Edited by TyTass
Blind Squirrel

On the calendar. This is the same weekend as my FJR event (which is just up the road in Wytheville VA), so will most likely only be Wednesday and Thursday.

Edited by Blind Squirrel
On the calendar. This is the same weekend as my FJR event (which is just up the road in Wytheville VA), so will most likely only be Wednesday and Thursday.

What, are you having an affair with another group? :rofl:

marcopolo

Tried to reserve online and got "promotional code entered expired" (had used BMWST1). Tried about six times. Will try again later, or call.

Edited by marcopolo
Tried to reserve online and got "promotional code entered expired" (had used BMWST1). Tried about six times. Will try again later, or call.

Yes, I got the same last night. I sent an email to the manager, who is likely not in yet. I'll give him a shout over the phone here shortly and get this cleared up.

My calendar is clear, I think I really need to make this one. Glad to see it is a bit further north 1 days ride each way. Count me as hopefully in!!!!!!

Edited by ltljohn

I'm so close to Sparta I can almost spit on it (1.2 hrs away). May actually be able to make a gathering, looks to be one of my off Friday weeks.

marcopolo

Yes, I got the same last night. I sent an email to the manager, who is likely not in yet. I'll give him a shout over the phone here shortly and get this cleared up.

Thanks, Craig. Clearly this manager has no idea how keen we all are around here, I mean making reservations four months out.

Edited by marcopolo
Marty Hill

Will be coming from somewhere up north on the way home. Hope to make it, will know more in a few weeks.

Blind Squirrel

What, are you having an affair with another group? :rofl:

Yes, but this is the group that the affair is with! I started with them! :D

Work schedule clear, home schedule clear, I am officially in! It will be great to get back down the Carolina.

RandyShields

In. Arriving Thursday. The hotel is still not accepting the BMW promo code, but the AAA rate is the same, so I booked it using that.

RandyShields

In. Arriving Thursday. The hotel is still not accepting the BMW promo code, but the AAA rate is the same, so I booked it using that.

RandyShields

They are experiencing technical issues. Everything looks good with our reservation, everything is active on their end. However, it still isn't working. John (Mgr) has forwarded this problem to his technical support company. I should hear back soon.

In the meantime, please call in and use our code BMWST1. Using other codes will not register for them as part of our group (despite similar rates).

Thanks. Hopefully they will have this cleared up quickly.

OK,

The Group Code (BMWST1) and electronic registration is all taken care of, and I just checked to confirm it is working.

FYI So far, only the following are logged in as part of our group:

Me

Kinsley

BMW_Ken

So, if you made reservations already, please call them back and ask them to enter you as part of our group (BMWST1). Thanks. It helps with tracking how many of our block we have filled.

Edited by TyTass
marcopolo

Booked my room online with no problems. Thanks, Craig.

Arriving Wednesday, and departing Sunday.

Room reserved, arriving Wednesday evening. I hope I didn't jinx anything, as I have never reserved a room this early.

See you all this fall. :wave:

RandyShields

Done. I will follow up to make sure they switch it. But, if the block gets full, folks should remember that the AAA rate is the same. Gives us some flexibility.

Done. I will follow up to make sure they switch it. But, if the block gets full, folks should remember that the AAA rate is the same. Gives us some flexibility.

That's true, the rates are no different. This place is popular with the motorcycling crowd. Basically the hotel is ours if no one else books. We're not a very big a group, really, so we don't reserve the entire hotel.

Mostly this helps me track. Thanks.

BTW: We have the conference room available to us the entire stay, in case of rain ... or perhaps a group meal.

That's true, the rates are no different. This place is popular with the motorcycling crowd. Basically the hotel is ours if no one else books. We're not a very big a group, really, so we don't reserve the entire hotel.

BTW: We have the conference room available to us the entire stay, in case of rain ... or perhaps a group meal.

Craig,

Sure happy to see you are working on the FART'14 event :thumbsup:

I thought you had announced your retirement at the START dinner.

Craig,

Sure happy to see you are working on the FART'14 event :thumbsup:

I thought you had announced your retirement at the START dinner.

No, this next event, FART (16 BTW), will be my last as co-host.

You can officially add me to the list - IN!!

Jim

Nice to see you back, Jim.

You can officially add me to the list - IN!!

Jim

Nice to see you back, Jim.

And this is a shorter ride than usual for us more Northerly folks.

In Wednesday thru Sunday just Registered. Ltljohn will be rooming with me.

Very happy you're going to make it (wouldn't be right without you) and very happy to have Ltljohn back again, but tell Debbie she'll be missed. Also tell her thanks for the preserves. Damned tasty!

I'm always amazed how fast this group gets to 20-30 participants. Awesome! This group never disappoints.

greiffster
I'm always amazed how fast this group gets to 20-30 participants.

I'm not. Great venues, great riding, great people, great friends, great hosts, great bourbon. Duh? ;)

Edited by greiffster
I'm always amazed how fast this group gets to 20-30 participants.

I'm not. Great venues, great riding, great people, great friends, great hosts, great bourbon. Duh? ;)

Best riding, people, and motorcycle friends anyone can find anywhere! :thumbsup:

it is a little bit of a ride, but well worth waking up early and finding this place

Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum

Many years ago I went when it was first opening. We got an incredible tour, and I received my "admittance" papers. Many friends from this board gave the necessary/required "recommendation" for my admittance. Overall a very fun place. Look it up.

Edited by randy
**   Chris   **

I am officially bummed.

I was looking forward to returning east this fall.

September is a busy month for me so I am not going to make it.

Maybe I can make it next spring!