IGNORED

*OFFICIAL* 2016 UN Rally

Whip

Francois_Dumas
It is with regret that I have to say that Sheila and I will now not be attending the UN.

Last November we moved home into a stone-built Victorian cottage in Devon, England. It is a great house that needs a fair bit of TLC. Just recently we discovered that part of what it needs is significant repairs to the 140 year-old roof timbers. This work is going to be quite expensive and it means we just don't have the cash needed to fly over to the states - not to mention the loss of income as I am self-employed.

To say I am disappointed is a vast understatement. This was one of the most exciting prospective trips in my lifetime. Perhaps next year.

Andy

Oh BUMMER Andy and Sheila... we too were looking forward seeing you again. It has been too long.....

I am getting more excited with every passing day. I final got some Givi side cases for my bike... and much to Richard's dismay I plan on installing them myself this weekend. While my Honda is not a BMW and my Givi bags are not Jessie Bags... I think my new setup will be just as good as my last... and while life has matched on and I have allowed too much BULL SH$# to enter back into my life... I feel that sense of adventure screaming inside me "I can bring you peace and more meaning to your life"... I am chomping at the bit to get back out there and so looking forward to this UN Rally!

" I am chomping at the bit to get back out there and so looking forward to this UN Rally! "

Amen! - me too! :clap:

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Francois_Dumas
I am getting more excited with every passing day. I final got some Givi side cases for my bike... and much to Richard's dismay I plan on installing them myself this weekend. While my Honda is not a BMW and my Givi bags are not Jessie Bags... I think my new setup will be just as good as my last... and while life has matched on and I have allowed too much BULL SH$# to enter back into my life... I feel that sense of adventure screaming inside me "I can bring you peace and more meaning to your life"... I am chomping at the bit to get back out there and so looking forward to this UN Rally!

Will be great seeing you again Jacqueline !!!

• 2 weeks later...

We've missed you! I just had shoulder surgery so not sure when I can swing a leg over my bike again... hopefully soon.

We've missed you! I just had shoulder surgery so not sure when I can swing a leg over my bike again... hopefully soon.

Sounds like you had rotator cuff surgery. Been there done that! Hurts like h..l doesn't it.

Mine was a bad one and it took me 3 months and I was back on the bike. Hang in there.

See you on the road.

GT

I've booked all my rooms for the trips to/from and of course also the room at Red Lodge. I'm locked in, my routes are set, and now it's starting to get exciting. Loading the GPS tonight.

It's only May Nando, you need to make it to Torrey in a couple weeks before getting packed for the Un

realshelby
It's only May Nando, you need to make it to Torrey in a couple weeks before getting packed for the Un

Glad you said it. I didn't have the heart to. Sounds like my wife. Always gotta have plans........

Glad you said it. I didn't have the heart to. Sounds like my wife. Always gotta have plans........

I may not have time for Spring Torrey. It's enough that I'm taking 10 days for the Un. The reasons are a little intertwined with the rules of this board.

As most of you know, members who have motorcycle-related businesses used to be only allowed a link on their signature line as well as a One Time Business Announcement along with new product updates every 6 months or so (on average). The new Vendor Forum made that obsolete, except for those of us on the Admin Team. As the owner, I've excluded myself and other Admin Team Members from the Vendor Forum. That decision was made so no one ever accuses anyone of taking advantage of our positions here. This board is about the members and about being fair and courteous. Therefore, I can't reveal too much just yet or I'll use up that One Time Announcement.

However, now that I'm retired, I've been working for the last 6 months on a new business to go along with the BMW Reflective Kits (as seen in my signature line) that we've been selling for the past 17 years. And it's taking a lot of work because there are installation videos that have to be made, and I'm not skilled at video making (yet), plus it's tough to video yourself. Fortunately, I have been working with a very generous board member and amateur videographer who also has a job, family, church, etc., so progress has been as rapid as all that allows. We make progress about every other weekend. That means Spring Torrey may not happen for me. I've told Michelle at the Chuckwagon about it, but have already booked a night's stay on my way to the Salida pre-Un festivities. So she, her husband and I will go to dinner that night and get caught up. And if all goes well, I'll be in the middle cabin at the Chuckwagon, along with Earplug Az Al, come Fall Torrey.

I hope to have an announcement on the new business, along with photos pricing and other details, in the next 4-6 weeks.

As for booking lodging on my way too/from the Un, remember that a lot of that area borders Yellowstone, and summer demand (there and everywhere) is high and gets booked early. In some towns, I got one of the last reasonably priced rooms. If people are going to the Un and haven't booked lodging for their to/from routes, I suggest they start looking at it now.

If people are going to the Un and haven't booked lodging for their to/from routes, I suggest they start looking at it now.

Then there are the unlucky few......Half a day trip..... :wave:

See signature line....

If people are going to the Un and haven't booked lodging for their to/from routes, I suggest they start looking at it now.

Then there are the unlucky few......Half a day trip..... :wave:

You were invited??? :P:rofl:

Right on both counts! Very sore. I have kevlar thread holding my muscle together. 2 more weeks of the sling, then PT. 3 months sounds like an eternity at this point. Glad you were able to get back in the saddle so soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Did somebody say spelling bee? I'm In. :lurk:

A-Red . .. yOU old goat. Great to hear from you. Will you be attending the "UN"?

lIMEcREEK is in and some other Spelling Bee lovers.

BTW _ sIRrODNEY cannot go - but we'll have just as much fun I can promise you that.!

Hope to see you this July.

• 1 month later...

Many of the attendees to the unrally are customers of mine, and I would like to know if any of you have any needs that I may take care of while in Red Lodge. If so please contact me at customearplugs @ cox.net and let me know. That way I will be sure to have the products you may require. Thanks much, Arizona Al

• 6 months later...