IGNORED

If you're having Sattalite radio reception/ signal problems....

Doug_Baliko

I have a '12 RT which regularly had satallite radio signal issues. In my driveway I would get only one bar of signal, and on trips in the mountains it would cut out regularly, and I would get the dreaded "Linking" message on the dashboard. The bike comes with a very small antenna that is tucked under the nose of the bike, which can't be good for reception. So I looked into an aftermarket alternative and found an antenna designed for motorcycles. It was a snap to install, and now I have 3 bars in my driveway and have had a solid three bars of signal on local rides within 100 miles of where I live. I'm leaving on a 5500 mile trip out west on Friday, and hope that I will get the same kind of reception, or at least better reception, in the mountains. I know that there are always going to be areas where the signal cuts out. But hopefully this alleviates most of the issue.

Here are links to the parts that you need

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BCL8HJW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Sirius-Satellite-Radio-Motorcycle-Antenna/dp/B002HTRELU/ref=sr_1_68?m=A27HD3G8S261JR&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1472410422&sr=1-68

And a few pictures of the install. The cover to the radio comes off with just 4 screws and slips out from behind the gas tank without any issues. The pink Fakra connector replaces the pink connector into the radio (far left). I left the original antenna on the bike. And I mounted the antenna on the top of the dashboard with the provided two sided tape.

image_zpska8b7lc2.jpeg[/url][\image]

image_zpsxaaywv57.jpeg

Doug

Edited by dbaliko
Danny caddyshack Noonan

Doug

Out of curiosity, what aftermarket electronics/lights do you run? I ask because the one time I inadvertently switched into FM recep, it sucked with high freq noise. No XM issues though.

I run a set of MotoLights, along with a set of Denali D4 lights. I also swapped out my low beems for HID headlights. Other than that, just my NAV V GPS. I don't have any noticeable interference or buzz from aftermarket electronics using XM. But I don't really listen to FM on the bike.

image_zpsy7wlqxpf.jpeg

Doug