IGNORED

Fitting a Autocom power lead

Alba

I bought a power lead for my autocom pro 7 and it has came without a fuse, not sure if an issue. I am no electrician but as far as I can see I have two options run it direct from the battery and thus it is powered all the time or take the power from the main light circuit (not that i'm sure how to do this).

Or is there another option?

The bike is a 1150RT '02.

Thanks in advance for advice on this one.

terryofperry

You should be able to find an in-line fuse holder and fuse at any auto parts store to go directly to the battery, very reasonable cost and effective.

Terry

Eckhard Grohe

Not the best course of action in my opinion as it would add another parasitic load that will drain the battery when the bike is not running. In Canada we have running lights that are constantly on and one could tap into one of those. I guess that you have have the same as the Euroswitch was a craze when the bike was the "new thing". I believe that mine is connected to the tail light circuit.

Edited by Eckhard Grohe

I eventually took the power from the radio (previous removed) fuse and used a screw for the earth. Works a treat only powers up when the key is not in the off position.