IGNORED

Seems like I don't need a new battery

Dave P

Hi all! I wrote the post about ABS System lights fault a couple weeks ago. Thought I needed an new battery. We tested the battery and it looked good. So I cleaned all of the connections and battery terminals nice and bright. Cleaned the connection to the starter. I've started it about 10 times now with no ABS system fault lights! Easy fix! Dave

If it continues to bug you there are threads that talk about and also installing a switch for the ABS. This allows you to turn off the ABS during start which allows you to start with no faults. After engine start you can then turn on the ABS and then allow it to do it's bite check with the alternator putting out the system voltage.

The 1100's ABS system seems to be sensitive to the voltage at start up. When it gets below a threshold voltage for the bite check it will fault at start up. The bike will still start, but then require a restart or two to get it back on track. For me I have learned to live with it.

SAS- yeah I read about adding a switch to the ABS. I usually do several maintenance items each spring, maybe I'll do that then.

I do plan to take the battery out for the winter and bring it inside. D