IGNORED

02 r1150rt - 109k - popping on decel

jcranfill

Still new to me 02 r1150rt. Other than the controls being slightly odd compared to every other bike I've ever owned, I still like it.

Haven't been able to ride for the last 3 weeks. Finally got to this evening. I dont recall it doing this before, but there is a slight pop from what sounds like the exhaust when I quickly roll off the throttle. Is this normal?

Still new to me 02 r1150rt. Other than the controls being slightly odd compared to every other bike I've ever owned, I still like it.

Haven't been able to ride for the last 3 weeks. Finally got to this evening. I dont recall it doing this before, but there is a slight pop from what sounds like the exhaust when I quickly roll off the throttle. Is this normal?

Morning jcranfill

Can be normal as some do that--especially if the exhaust in not totally stock or there is leak in the exhaust system.

How does it run otherwise?

Seems to run fine. Seems slightly 'ticky' to me, but Ive never had another of this engine type to compare it to. Gas mileage sucks?

Please describe your "sucking gas mileage" ... What kind of mileage are you getting? What kind of riding do you generally do?

I don't know about the 1150, but my R1100RT used to get 45-50 MPG average. 1150's should get pretty close to that. Maybe you need to do some maintenance on the fuel system?

Get your throttle bodies balanced?

Clean your injectors?

Check the condition of your spark plugs?

How does it idle?

Any hesitation under quick acceleration?

Any perceptible surging?

Gas mileage.

Just as a point of reference over 120,000 miles my R1150RT bike has averaged 52 UK mpg (43 US mpg).

What are you getting, and what type of riding are you doing?

If you do a lot of high speed motorway riding at sustained speeds over 80 mph it drops of very quickly.