IGNORED

Pilot road 4 gt balance mark

rodantking

Michelin normally has a red dot on it (marking heavy if I remember right). Just got a set in with no dot. They do have a barcode sticker on them near the seal but that is it. Anyone know if they just don't do them on the roads, I haven't run their road line in years.

The owner of the tyre shop I buy tyres from inquired about it and was told Michelin dropped the practice a few years ago due to a change in their quality control system.

Thanks. I put on a set of power3 on another bike last year that still had the dot. That's odd that their newish power 3 doesn't meet their "quality control standard".

Marlen Padberg

All the Michelin tires that I've seen in the last two or so years have a small barcode near the bead. I've been aligning that with the valve stem, and most of the time, the tire doesn't need any weights. The uniformity of the production of modern tires is really quite something, given the complexity and engineering involved. Always happy with Michelins...

according to the Michelin guys I talked to at the MOA rally, Michelin tires are balanced in their quality process, so hence, the elimination of the balance mark. just mount them in any position and balance normally.

When mounting and balancing my last set of Pilot 4's, I found they required 1/4 oz. of weight for the front, 1/2 oz. for the rear, which in my experience is excellent.

FWIW,

RPG