IGNORED

R1100 / R1150 Pivot Pins

Jim Moore

Hi Guys,

Are all the pivot pins (right side in particular) for the 1100 and 1150 models the same? They sure look the same to me, but the MaxBMW Fiche shows different part numbers for front and rear, and for 1100 versus 1150.

Thanks,

Afternoon Jim

There is a difference (I'm not in my shop so going from memory here). If I recall correctly the 1100 & 1150 use slightly different length front pivot pins & the rear pins are definitely different.

Thanks for getting back to me. So a pin from an 1150 won't work in an 1100? And on an 1100 they're not interchangeable front and rear? Now that I look at it, the fiche says the 1150 pins are interchangeable front and rear, but the 1100 pins are different P/Ns. In the 1100 pictures one is silver and one is black.

Thanks for getting back to me. So a pin from an 1150 won't work in an 1100? And on an 1100 they're not interchangeable front and rear? Now that I look at it, the fiche says the 1150 pins are interchangeable front and rear, but the 1100 pins are different P/Ns. In the 1100 pictures one is silver and one is black.

Afternoon Jim

Without having them in my hand I'm not 100% positive but am pretty sure that the 1100/1150 are not interchangeable & on the 1100 the front & rear are different. I'm think on the 1150 the R/H side front & rear & are interchangeable.