IGNORED

Broken u joint at rear drive of my 1996 R1100rt

njl4

Good Afternoon,

Was on a 2500 mile trip around the east coast area checking off the states that I have not been in as of yet with my bike, R1100rt.

Was on the "Back of the Dragon" about 5 miles in when all of a sudden I turned a corner on a switchback and down shifted, when I let the clutch out and throttled on, I heard a god awful noise from the rear end.

Called the tow truck and put her in the back of a U-Haul truck for the 420 mile trip home.

Tore it apart this morning only to find the the u joint at the end of the drive shaft exploded. Broke off one of the ears that hold the bearings.

My question is the last time I had it apart ( this past winter) everything seem to move freely.

Looking through Ebay for parts and I have noticed that not all prop shafts have the end that I need. but when you look at final drives some have this piece on them and some don't, So what I was hoping for is that someone would have one laying around that they would like to sell.

Looking at the Microfiche it's part of the prop shaft. If someone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by njl4