IGNORED

BMW bone yards

2manybikes

Just wondering what vendors you guys have used in the past, and how you felt as the customer. Email and phone responses, product description and reality, prices, shipping costs etc. All I need right now is an antenna

mount for my 05 K1200 LT, but I'm sure other needs will arise! Thanks.

You pretty much named one in the title:

Beemerboneyard is the one company I've used a few times. Got a nearly new, used new brake disc for a very good price, thickness and condition was exactly as described, shipping was fast. Also had a few orders of maintenance parts, filters and plugs, alternator belt, etc. Good prices and if they can find a way, shipping will sometimes be less than the original quote.

Enter "BMWST" as a coupon code for a 10% discount.

Edited by lkraus

+1 for Beemer Boneyard

I am just about finished with a full service using one of their kits, including new in-tank fuel hoses, and also added fuel line quick disconnects from them. Of note is that I find myself now with two extra lengths of hose (hopefully what I just put in will outlast the bike, but I have enough to replace them again!) and several hose clamps left over.

I've also used them several times for used parts. Ordering new or used, their service has always been prompt, phone help has been actual help when needed, and, as stated above, shipping usually ends up being less than originally quoted (and never, in my experience, more).

I'd like to add that, when new BMW parts are required, I try to order actual BMW parts from my local dealer, just to do a bit to keep them in business.

Having looked at the cost of an antenna mount , I fully understand your quest for a used part. - Yikes! Did not realize it was made of platinum.

Ebay is another source for used parts.

Edited by lkraus

Thanks for the input thus far. Yes, as we all know, parts are frightening. So is a trip to the dealership! I am most fortunate to have a good independent mechanic to do the things I cant, as well as answer questions when I get ambitious.